SRS code 61-1 [Archive] - Drive Accord Honda Forums

: SRS code 61-1

Bob_Collins
03-17-2009, 03:49 AM
Does anyone know what this code translates to? 2003 Accord, I4, EX-L, Sedan, Automatic. My SRS indicator light is coming on intermittently, and this is the code I was told that is being thrown/reported.

Thanks in advance!

hillstones
03-17-2009, 07:10 AM
Does anyone know what this code translates to? 2003 Accord, I4, EX-L, Sedan, Automatic. My SRS indicator light is coming on intermittently, and this is the code I was told that is being thrown/reported.

Thanks in advance!

According to the service manual, it is the driver seat belt buckle switch. The same thing happened to my '03 EX-V6 Coupe. Don't worry, Honda will replace the driver seat belt buckle for free because Honda covers the entire seat belt system for the life of the car, even out of the standard warranty. Just take it to your local dealer and tell them the airbag light comes on while you are driving.

Actiq420
02-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Hey Bob, did you ever take it to the dealer to get replaced? Was it covered even out of warranty as the other poster said?

Thanks,
Patric

Bob_Collins
02-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Hey Bob, did you ever take it to the dealer to get replaced? Was it covered even out of warranty as the other poster said?

Thanks,
Patric

Yep, they replaced it at no cost to me! :yes: