car accident, car totaled? [Archive] - Drive Accord Honda Forums

: car accident, car totaled?

757accord
11-30-2009, 05:33 PM
I recently was in a car accident (everyone is okay)in my 2008 honda accord 4dr lx-p. My car hit a curb and the front left wheel was ripped out along with the axle and all attached on the left side. The police officer on scene said that because it was a FWD and that there was serious damage on the axle and the transmission most likely that it would be totaled. Is this true? I know its hard to answer without pictures, but just imagine the front left wheel ripped out with everything thats attached to it up to the transmission, needs a new front bumper and 2 rims(theres no other damage besides that)The adjuster is suppose to check the car out this week but i want to get a feeler for the car while i wait for him to check it.

TL;DR- Is a FWD car that has front wheel damages totaled?/ how much to repair.

Thanks

Gosha
11-30-2009, 05:36 PM
hard to tell, wait for the adjuster

searich07
11-30-2009, 05:47 PM
If you have photos, take them to Honda, asking them for a ball park estimate, list assumptions, left front wheel, left suspension, left drive, transmission rebuild, body work, frame work, etc. price it as materials and labor with a 15% contingency, then compare with Adjusters estimate. Regards

Richard

YRMed
11-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Judging from what you said, front wheel getting ripped out, w/ axle getting messed up, no doubt that hitting the curb did damage to the sub-frame. I would think that your car is totaled. If your car is not totaled, i would think it would never drive the same. Good to know that you and your passengers are okay.

757accord
11-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Thanks for everyone's input, it will all help dealing with Allstate and getting my car fixed/totaled

Left-Laner
12-01-2009, 12:30 PM
I recently was in a car accident (everyone is okay)in my 2008 honda accord 4dr lx-p. My car hit a curb and the front left wheel was ripped out along with the axle and all attached on the left side. The police officer on scene said that because it was a FWD and that there was serious damage on the axle and the transmission most likely that it would be totaled. Is this true? I know its hard to answer without pictures, but just imagine the front left wheel ripped out with everything thats attached to it up to the transmission, needs a new front bumper and 2 rims(theres no other damage besides that)The adjuster is suppose to check the car out this week but i want to get a feeler for the car while i wait for him to check it.

TL;DR- Is a FWD car that has front wheel damages totaled?/ how much to repair.

Thanks

Based on the above, you'll almost want to hope that the car is totalled. Whenever you are dealing with a big hit on the suspension, it will never drive the same.

Don't know how insurance works in your neck of the woods, but here where I am, there is an option for "replacement insurance" whereby if the car is a total loss, the insurance company replaces it with a brand new one (providing it is within 3 years). Hopefully a similar plan is available where you are and that you took advantage of it.

Good luck.

Inspector1
12-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Sounds like it will be repaired. From your description repairs should not exceed 7K and that is less than 85% value.

Just find a good shop.:yes:

I1:)

bruceleroy
12-01-2009, 01:06 PM
yea you better hope its totalled

09^CBP^6MT
12-01-2009, 01:41 PM
At least he has Allstate, I have heard nothing but good things regarding them as a company.

757accord
12-01-2009, 05:11 PM
UPDATE: Adjuster looked at the car today, $3500 in damages as of now, im sure they will find more later as they start pulling everything apart. I figured it would be alot more, but I guess the front tire took most of the impact and saved the rest of the car.

benzo
12-01-2009, 05:16 PM
:worthless:
we need carnage!!!! at least no one got hurt.

757accord
12-01-2009, 06:30 PM
:worthless:
we need carnage!!!! at least no one got hurt.

Pics are on the camera at home....3 hours away and i wont be home till after dec 17th (which by then this thread will be dead)

but i will post pics of the 1st accident when i got T-boned, he ran a stop sign and hit me.... my car isnt very lucky... :boohoo:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb111/element13143/P5030468.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb111/element13143/P5030467.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb111/element13143/P5030469.jpg

HondaCoupe
12-01-2009, 09:16 PM
gdamn..... 2nd accident? sorry about ur accident.. that must suck.. i feel ur pain

Wazza
12-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Man I feel for you dude. Second accident? Sounds like ur car is a little unlucky. Glad all are ok though.

DANGEROUS
12-02-2009, 01:03 AM
http://pspezone.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/sad-face.gif

LOL this was a lot bigger than i expected

searich07
12-02-2009, 06:28 AM
757accord, thanks for posting your accident photos, I do not know circumstances of your accident, but am curious as to repairs. Looking at your primary photo, it appears that force of accident was focused on center post, driver and rear passenger door (lesser extent). Your accident looks more like a side-swipe from an oncoming vehicle, perhaps you were parked when accident occurred. Rear door appears to have tire mark (circular pattern in black). But worst part was perhaps center post which stabilizes doors, front door latch, and rear door hinges. Driver’s door appears sprung, and probably by now replaced.

Being a forensic investigator, I am curious what repairs were done to center post? Reinforcement? Welds?

Regards
Richard

Kingfrog
12-02-2009, 07:42 AM
I recently was in a car accident (everyone is okay)in my 2008 honda accord 4dr lx-p. My car hit a curb

Thanks

All by itself?

Carfax is going to be interesting on that car.....

Gosha
12-02-2009, 07:53 AM
i hit a curb 3 weeks ago, damage wasnt as bad as this, tie rods, control arms replaced, alignment out of whack on the right side. havent gotten my car back, but learned my less to slow down

ApGap
12-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Fix that car..........and get rid of it.

benzo
12-02-2009, 03:12 PM
damn man sorry to hear. i had a 94 del sol. I just sold the car after 2 major rear end collisions in 3 weeks. The good thing is there was damage only to my car and not the others. so i know how you feel when you get hit with all the bad luck towards your ride. Im not saying, sell your car. Just take it slow my friend, take it slow. Good luck with everything.