01-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Hi, I wanted to get some ddm HIDs, but I wasn't sure which ones I should get. I'm positive I want the 6k ones (not too blue) but not sure if I should get the 35w or the 55w. Any opinions? Also just to clarify, the 2010 Accord Coupe also uses the H11 bulb right? Also, have anyone installed the raptor kit in their coupe? I wanted to make sure that there is enough space for the raptor ballast or should I get the slim ones? Thanks! :)
01-10-2010, 08:56 PM
i have the 35 raptors and they are nice and bright. unless you want them really bright then just go for 55w and maybe on the safe side get the slim ones so they fit.
01-10-2010, 08:59 PM
I KNOW... I just saw ur HIDs a few hours ago... LOL! your dumb. I'm just worried about the projectors. Anyone? =/
01-11-2010, 03:44 AM
The intensity of the output, the usable light produced is greater. However beware of some product advertised as 50w or 55w HID as there are significant drawbacks with the equipment as supplied.
35w bulb with 50w/55w ballast (most brands):
1) higher temperature output, may damage housings
2) higher arc position, equates to more glare
3) lower color temperature, K color decreases or "color wash-out"
4) reduced lifespan of the bulbs
5) reduced output, inefficiency leads to less than advertised output
6) internal pressure closer to maximum (~60-75w peak)
55w bulbs and 55w ballasts (like DIGITAL 55w brand from Retro-Solutions):
1) lower temperature, safe for housings, produces less heat than 55w halogen bulb
2) spaced cathodes, same arc position, no increase in glare
3) color correct specification, you order 5000k you get 5000k
4) bulb lifespan maintained
5) efficiency maintained, better efficiency in terms of output
6) internal peak pressure rating of bulbs is greater