Lost credit card inside console... [Archive] - Drive Accord Honda Forums

: Lost credit card inside console...

ItsaHonda
06-30-2006, 07:18 PM
This is the third time I have lost a card in the center console! The slots around the E-brake handle seem to snatch them right up! So far I've lost a hotel key card, my employee ID card and now my credit card. I had the card in my hand (just about to put it back into my wallet) then dropped it and it fell right down the crack! Has anyone else lost anything down there in a 7th gen? How much is involved in removing the console to access the area below the e-brake and cup holders? I can take the dash apart in a 5th gen with my eyes closed, but the 7th gen looks much more complicated. Plan B would be to bring it to the dealership... but then there is always the possibility that they won't fit everything back together properly. Plan C is to just leave them in there and request for a new card!

BenjiBoy650
06-30-2006, 07:58 PM
I don't know about the 7th gen's but in my car, the center console can be gone in 60 seconds :lmao:

EXLNavi
06-30-2006, 08:00 PM
Pull out the trim ring around the shifter, then pull up on the cup holders. Hard. They come out.

Conundrum
07-01-2006, 06:04 AM
When I wanted to run cables for my MP3 adapter to the centre armrest I just used a coathanger to push the cabling through that area (had the gearshift trim removed of course). Might be possible for you to just remove the gearshift trim and "fish out" whatever is in there.... :dunno:

If you do this, I'd take a look at the various iPod install tutorials...esp BeaufordBuddy's...Here's a direct link:

http://www.beaufordbuddy.com/ipod_install_1.htm

RTexasF
07-01-2006, 12:29 PM
http://www.neuspeed.com/data/installs/66.20.86.pdf

Here's directions to remove the console. It's to install a short shifter but it will serve as a credit/hotel/id card retriever also.
I'd say don't put cards there anymore. :yes:

ItsaHonda
07-01-2006, 03:46 PM
I got it! :banana: Hardest part was getting the cup holders to pop out, but otherwise I had it (as well as the other two cards) out in less than a minute. Thank you for the tutorial/instructions!

shamrock
07-02-2006, 12:23 PM
Oh, my!!

RTexasF
07-02-2006, 03:45 PM
I got it! :banana: Hardest part was getting the cup holders to pop out, but otherwise I had it (as well as the other two cards) out in less than a minute. Thank you for the tutorial/instructions!

You are welcome! Glad it worked for you.......Now DON'T put those friggin' cards there again!

JesseWhitlow
07-02-2006, 04:18 PM
hey, since you guys seem to be experts, i was thinking about adding a TomTom or similar navi unit in that little center consol that has the flip up lid, would there be a way to run the cigarette style charger through the center consul and into the center consul so that i could plug it there and not have the cord visable? i would have to drill some holes i guess...

BenjiBoy650
07-02-2006, 10:42 PM
hey, since you guys seem to be experts, i was thinking about adding a TomTom or similar navi unit in that little center consol that has the flip up lid, would there be a way to run the cigarette style charger through the center consul and into the center consul so that i could plug it there and not have the cord visable? i would have to drill some holes i guess...
Yup...a few holes, other than that things are simple.

JesseWhitlow
07-03-2006, 08:45 AM
cool, think ill give that DIY a try once i get some cash for the navi.. lol :lmao:

Conundrum
07-03-2006, 08:47 AM

Yeah should be easy...Here's what I would do if you don't mind loosing the the cig lighter in the centre armrest area:

First you'll have to remove the centre bin under the radio...any iPod install can help with this (while you are in there I'd recommend putting in an iPod adapter/line-in adapter if you have any plans of doing it). Then drill a hole in the back the the centre bin. Run the cable through that hole, down under the bin floor, under the not an ashtray, under the gearshift, through the cupholders and then drill another hole under the cig lighter in the armrest. Then simply just plug it in....no visible wires at all. To get the cig lighter assembly out of the armrest, just pull up the rubber floor, then remove the 1 screw holding that into the armrest. There are then 2 clips that hold it in so you'll have to pull/wiggle it a bit but it comes out pretty easily.

Let us know how the Tom Tom works for you...I've been thinking of doing something like this myself at some point down the road (still debating if I want to attempt an OEM Navi swap down the road).

JesseWhitlow
07-03-2006, 11:09 AM
yea, those were my thoughts... i wont be able to get it going for a bit.. HS student.. lol

JesseWhitlow
09-11-2006, 07:19 PM
ok guys, remember this thread, i got my navi, i got a garmin c330 and so far its great.. it actually gets reception in the center consul.. kind of.. lol, it takes a bit for it to get a good connection but once it does it works fine so i dont think im even going to bother with getting an extra external antenna.. im not going to be using this a ton.. anyway ill post some pics once i get it all installed, its going to be sweet :banana: lol