Power-windows roll down by themselves... [Archive] - Drive Accord Honda Forums

: Power-windows roll down by themselves...

cmegeha
12-08-2006, 11:47 AM
I recently bought a 2003 EX V6, 6-speed manual coupe, no NAVI. The car had 28K miles in Sept, now has about 30K. I still have the certified pre owned warranty till Sept/2007.

Now the problem regarding my power windows: about 4 weeks ago I found the car in the parking lot with the windows rolled down on both sides, about half way down. First I thought I just accidentally left them like that. Same exact thing hapened again after a few days. This time I really made sure I rolled them up before locking the car, and again, when getting back to the car after 1 hour, the windows were rolled half way down. Then again after about 1 week. Everything seemed OK after the 3rd occurence, until today, when, again, the same thing happened.

I always lock the car pushing on the button on the key fob. The reason I mention this is that I've seen on a another post that if the car is locked by inserting the key in the door, and the key is turned twice to the left, the windows may be rolled down like that. Just wanted to say that I never lock the car by inserting the car in the door.

Any ideas about why this is happening? Anybody else had a similar problem?

AccordingToThis
12-08-2006, 11:59 AM
The windows will roll down if you either:

a) put the key in the lock, turn it left, and hold it.
or b) press the "unlock" button on the remote twice and hold it.

They'll roll back up if you put the key in the lock, turn it to the right twice, and hold it.

As to why they do it unexpectedly on yours, :dunno:

Nimoxp
12-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Yeah im guessing its the remote unlock button being pushed and kept down. Is it possible someone in your household has been playing the remote or that its being pushed in your pocket?

grio19
12-08-2006, 12:58 PM
yup I am with them. your probably accidentaly pushing the button in your pocket.

s2kav6
12-08-2006, 01:04 PM
I believe so too.. I LOVE that function and sometimes I can't help myself to roll down the windows by the remote everytime :D

namegoeshere
12-08-2006, 01:17 PM
..... Just wanted to say that I never lock the car by inserting the car in the door.

You can do that? I'd sure like to see that. :nuts:

cmegeha
12-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Thank you all!!! I'm a newbie on this forum. Just wanted to say that the response has been very fast and informative!!!

As for locking the car by inserting the car in the door :lmao: ...well...

Thanks again.

prkiller
12-09-2006, 06:06 PM
I don't think it's you just "hitting" the button on the remote!

If you search the "Honda accord Factory Facts" forums, you will find your answer!

When reading through them a while back after I purchased my Accord, I noticed a TSB about the problem your having.
Certain 2003 2 door accords had this very issue. For some reason, the car would roll down the windows itself!!!
It turned out to be some sort of "module" in the car that needs to be replaced. Then they wont roll themselves down anymore!

Search around a little bit, and if you can't find it, I will find it for you!

cmegeha
12-10-2006, 07:30 AM
Well, I have the answer:) My wife has this habit (just to make sure the car is unlocked by the time she's very close): she pushes the Unlock button a few times, and then it just hods it there:) There you go: windows roll down, what do you know! :naughty:

Anyway, the last post also opens up the possibility of something being actually fishy about the car. I'll keep you guys posted, but I'm sure my wife was the culprit.