Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

OBDII Port - Where is it?

37K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  tehnighthawk 
#1 ·
Where it the OBDII port on my 2011 LX-P? Also, can any useful information be retrieved from the port using a cable, laptop, and appropriate software?

#2 ·
It is above the hood release next to the side cover in the foot well. It is kinda hidden and is best to neal and poke your head in and view from the floor.

Once you see it and have a good understanding... the next time will be easy enough from normal sitting position.

You can get a code scanner or just go to Autozone and have them scan it for you.

As far as I know there is no cheap method of using a pc and cable system to monkey around with the ecu.

#3 ·
Thanks MM.

I've been doing some research in the mean time and found that there are fairly inexpensive cables and bluetooth dongles that you can buy to connect to PC, iPhone, and Android phones. There's software you can use to then monitor realtime performance (RPM, MPH, MPG, etc.) or pull error codes and such.

May be useful when the check engine light is on and you want to know what's wrong before paying the dealer for the diagnosis. I'm not interested in actually changing anything in the ECU, just pulling data from it.

#4 ·
Are you going to use ELM327???

I have found that there are many tools for the pc, but it seems like the better tools are expensive. It would be cool to have the Dyno tool as a free feature.

#6 ·
I have an HTC on Android... the screen is too small even at 4.2"... best get a mini tablet phone.

Though I cannot fathom with one against the side of my head to talk... kinda reminds me of guys carry'n getto blasters in the 80's. :eek:)

#7 ·
Would an ELM327 work with an 08 Accord? I thought everything 2008+ uses CAN?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.