Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

My 2013 Accord sedan EX-L V6 w/ customer lights

7K views 39 replies 24 participants last post by  roiify 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is a video of my new accord. I added 5000K HID's low beam and fog lights. LED front and rear turn signals. The ones I purchased accelerate the blinking of the lights. Full LED lights in the interior, reverse lights and the license plate bulbs. Working on wiring the OEM LED DRL lights to stay on high power all the time. Also tinted the windows %35. Looking for drop springs w/ struts. Amazing car. Best accord made to date !!!

#3 ·
White signal lights in the rear is stupid. I doubt that the car will pass inspection with that fast blinking rate. :)

#4 ·
In my opinion this looks bad. First, the white color is confusing as hell. This may be dangerous. Second, in my book the high rate blinking means something is broken. Does anyone know if DOT has specific color requirements for turn signals? Not sure amber is best practice or a specific requirement.

To each his own.

#8 ·
I'm too lazy to dig it up, but MOST states require turn signal/indicators to be amber/orange. There can be NO white light to the rear of the vehicle. (license plate lights don't face the rear, they face down).
This is true for Texas, I'm sure others will chime in.

#9 ·
My first thought too.... Here in NYC they would love to pull you over for this, the fines are so high...
jdmbubble...can you switch the turn signal LED's to amber?

#11 ·
I don't understand.....

Even when I struggle, I find it difficult to comprehend the infatuation with automotive lighting customization, much of which may be illegal.

Maybe, that old, worn-out Harley-Davidson response applies.....

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand. :D

#12 ·
I like how we are being civil while presenting our concerns. I thought this would be another "tinted taillights kill babies" thread.

#14 ·
Front turn signals have to be amber. Rear have to be either red/amber. This law applies to most of all the States in the US. Thus, any white turn signals are illegal.

sidenote: someone needs some resistors to slow those down.

#15 ·
Agreed! I think I'm gonna have a seizure looking at it! :lmao:

And I'm also more concerned that other drivers might not be able to tell the difference between the low beams and front turn signals when it's night time. They might think you are flashing them or something.

#16 ·
Sorry, don't like that look at all.

And if you are all about making everything "white", why don't you also make the side view mirror LEDs white instead of amber? Go big or go home.

#17 ·
It is illegal. The camera does no justice. I wanted it to blink fast. Thats why I purchased these types of bulbs. It is very bright and clear when in person. It is the opposite of dangerous. Everyone can see me at night. I have never had a ticket in 7 years of having this set up in my car. In all honsety, this is the first time in those 7 years i have had bad feedback. So many people like this set up that I sell it and do installs weekely. Oh well, maybe it's just a Jersey thing...

#19 ·
It is illegal. The camera does no justice. I wanted it to blink fast. Thats why I purchased these types of bulbs. It is very bright and clear when in person. It is the opposite of dangerous. Everyone can see me at night. I have never had a ticket in 7 years of having this set up in my car. In all honsety, this is the first time in those 7 years i have had bad feedback. So many people like this set up that I sell it and do installs weekely. Oh well, maybe it's just a Jersey thing...
Pretty awesome, you've had your 2013 Accord for 7 years… impressive.

If you're going for ricer then mission accomplished.

#26 ·
I got 8k on my lights and my blinkers I got them on ebay. "Precision led" they're white and turn amber whem you flip the turn signals... look some pics

And yea mam people are going to give you sh*t about your car. Everyone has their own taste. I think your car looks legit. Good job man as long as you like it its all good your the one driving it

#31 ·
How visible are the LED turn signals in bright daylight? That's when most LEDs are deficient.

#27 ·
I think it looks good but I wouldn't keep hyper flashing. I got switchbacks and couldn't stand it! Also, it screws up the flicking to change lanes feature. The white turn signals would be confusing to me as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#29 ·
Highly illegal here as well. You would get pulled over instantly. I have cops in the family. They are more relaxed on window tint vs this type of thing. Again, it's an area thing. If I drive to our capitol city 800kms away, out there they don't tolerate window tint at all, yet I see lights that shouldn't be allowed.

#30 ·
As stated previously, turn signals must be amber in front and red or amber in the rear. Anything else is illegal and your insurance can use the fact the lights are illegal to refuse to pay in certain situations.

#34 ·
Dont worry about what others think...Do what looks good to you as long your following the law. But yes I tend to agree with amber turn signals and resistors for turn signals they are way to fast.

#35 ·

Fake calipers are neither illegal nor unsafe.

#37 ·
thank you...They are not fake calipers, they are plastic covers that say Honda. What is fake about that?

I'm no longer a mod here so I can say what I want ..voluntarily resigned a month ago...

changing colors of lights that people use to navigate is just stupid...end of story.

and in the caliper thread - you wrote:

I may have to go glen's route. As much as I don't care for their method of attachment or poser-ness, they do look good. That red w/ black lettering would look perfect on my car.

HYPOCRITE MUCH?????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.