Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Door clips broke while replacing window regulator

9K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  BLCKFLSH 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I had my gfs dad help me replace the window regulator a few months ago and we broke a couple or the drivers side door clips by the speaker and along the bottom. I have now noticed my door now rattles when music is playig which is very annoying. My question is..... What is the exact part number for those clips and does anyone have a picture? Also how exactly do they work cause I can't remember... Do the clips attach to the door skin then push into the frame or vice versa? Are the clips molded to the door skin meaning i have to get a new skin with the clips attached... theres no way this could be correct? Thanks guys!!! And please don't say " autozone has those clips " bc I will only get them from Honda or make sure they Re OEM. If anyone has a few extra I can buy them also bc I don't want to buy a pack of 30 when I only need 3 or 4

#3 ·
You can get the clips on eBay. If you go to the dealer you will end up paying 3 or 4 times more for the same thing. Just take off the panel and verify the type of clips you need. IF you really want to, call up the Honda dealer to find the part number and just get them elsewhere.

You can also check out sites like Bernardi Parts or Majestic Honda and sift through the pages til you find the part numbers.

#4 ·
Ok thanks. How exactly does it attach the door skin? Do the clips go through a precut hole in the door skin then into the metal frame itself? What I'm saying is that I can't see the clips when looking at the door skin so how exactly do they attach? Thanks

#6 ·
I think Autozone does too. Just take one of the clips with you to find the right ones. I'm not sure how they attach to the door, but they have to be removable.

#11 ·
its either a double locking mechanism for the clips they're pushed into place to begin with then you push the panel back on , or its a through n through from one side. really cheap, n they break super easy when messed with. Personally I'd rather the damn thing be screwed on.

to further state its like lets say a bolt with two nuts on it, the first nut near the top of the bolt locks it into place lets say on the metal part of the door, the second nut is what locks the door panel onto the metal part of the door, best description i can give , but you get the idea, least thats how I recall it works or used to.

#18 ·
Did mine the same way. Only did it to the driver side though. I found out when I tried to open the door from the inside and latch no worky.:paranoid::dunno:
For the broken green clip, you have to replace the whole cable. Good news is that the cable is under $10. The part numbers are different depending on what door it is for.
I used a zip tie around the cable and it's been working for a year now.

#16 ·
Yes, on the green part it is the whole cable. I broke mine too. I bought a new one but couldn't figure out how to install it. I actually took a sharp razor knife and put a new notch in it and clipped it back on. A little duct tape for good measure and it's been holding for a few years now. I have the cable just in case.

#17 ·
Thanks for all the responses :)

I bought some clips online and Should be here shortly. Can I replace the clips by just pulling on the corner of the door panel by the speaker instead of taking the whole panel off? I don't want to remove the door panel and break more clips or break the green clip on the cable ( did that the first time ) and taking the actuator out and putting the cable I was a pita. Funny how noone warns you to release the cable before pulling on the panel and the next thing you know is.... Ahh shit!!!

#20 ·
When you lift the panel, from the top at the window, just make sure you have a good grip on it, and check for the cable bracket on the panel, before you pull it too far away from the door.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.