Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Wind/ Whistling noise - 2009 Accord

7K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  frankbarry 
#1 ·
I know there are a few threads around this but I couldn't find anything relating to an actual fix that worked. Has anyone figured out a fix for the wind/whistling noise you here once you hit 55 mph?

Thanks

#2 ·
Thanks for posting this....id like to know too.....i have a 2010 coupe and it is also tainted with this problem...

#7 ·
I took it to the dealer and mentioned the problem. I also told them what I thought was causing it.

There is chrome trim on the door.....there is the same trim on the rear window.

They line up and meet at the edge of the door(when closed).

On the passenger door, the trim on the door was higher then that of the window. As the car is moving, air glides over them like a slide.

On the driver door, the trim on the door was LOWER than the trim on the window. This is also where the noise was coming from. (Air was hitting the second piece of trim....Not like a slide.

They removed and fixed the trim.....Noise is gone ATM

#8 ·
2009 Accord Whistle

We just purchased this one with a "Perfect Fit" bug deflector and was told by the dealer that it was not a Honda product and likely the cause. Today we put rags between the guard and the hood- Voila no more whistle.
Does any body have a real solution to eliminate the noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.