Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Crosstour Discussion Thread: 2013 Model More V6 Power, Refined Styling, Lower Price

36K views 55 replies 27 participants last post by  agriculture technology 
#1 ·
Honda Crosstour to be offered in Four-cylinder

Honda Press Release

New Four-cylinder 2012 Honda Crosstour EX and EX-L Combine Affordability, Fuel Efficiency and a Sleek Crossover Design

The four-cylinder model delivers an EPA-estimated 29 mpg highway

12/21/2011 - TORRANCE, Calif.

Two new four-cylinder, two-wheel-drive Honda Crosstour® models are set to go on sale next month, broadening the vehicle's appeal through a lower price point and EPA-estimated fuel economy that increases 3 mpg in the city and 2 mpg on the highway.

Equipped with a 2.4-liter i-VTEC inline four-cylinder engine producing 192 horsepower, the newest Crosstour is available in two trim levels, including the Crosstour EX and leather-upholstered Crosstour EX-L. A Honda Satellite-linked Navigation System is available on the Crosstour EX-L.

EPA-estimated fuel economy on the four-cylinder Crosstour is 21 mpg city and 29 mpg highway, a significant increase from the 271-horsepower 2WD V6 model's EPA estimated 18 mpg city and 27 mpg highway.

With the launch of the new four-cylinder Crosstour models, some useful features are now standard across the entire Crosstour family, which first debuted for the 2010 model year with V6 power. Standard features now include an automatic dimming rearview mirror, a rearview mirror back-up camera display for improved rear visibility (non-Navigation models), convenient auto-on/off headlights, Bluetooth®3 HandsFreeLink® and USB audio interface.

Bold Exterior and Functional Interior -

Honda Crosstour approaches the crossover SUV formula from a distinctively sleek, sporty and fuel-efficient perspective, while also maximizing the interior's cargo capacity, versatility and premium feel.

The exterior design emphasizes a bold, aerodynamic look that also conceals an accommodating rear cargo area. The four-cylinder model includes body-color door handles and unique 17-inch alloy wheels with P225/65 R17 all-season tires. Two new colors are available on all 2012 Crosstour models: Twilight Blue Metallic replaces Glacier Blue Metallic, and Basque Red Pearl II replaces Tango Red Pearl.

Premium interior styling, appointments and details extend from the passenger compartment all the way through the cargo area. An under-floor storage area in the rear of the vehicle adds functionality, while reversible cargo floor panels accommodate dirty objects.

Efficient Four-cylinder Powertrain -

The new four-cylinder Crosstour models come with a 2.4-liter, 16-valve DOHC i-VTEC® engine for power and efficiency. The engine produces 192 horsepower at 7,000 RPM and 162 lb-ft. of torque at 4,400 RPM, while achieving an EPA-estimated city/highway/combined fuel economy of 21/29/24 mpg1. To maximize efficiency, a technologically advanced 5-speed automatic transmission with Grade Logic Control is standard equipment.

Comprehensive Feature List -

In addition to auto-on/off headlights, Bluetooth3 HandsFreeLink®, USB audio interface and rearview mirror back-up camera display with integrated guidelines, additional standard features on the new four-cylinder Crosstour EX include projector-beam headlights, a moonroof, body-colored power side mirrors with defrost, auto-up/down driver and front passenger side windows, and rear privacy glass. Inside are air conditioning with second-row ventilation, a 360-watt AM/FM 6-disc audio system with seven speakers, steering wheel-mounted cruise, audio and phone controls, an easy fold-down 60-40 split rear seatback, a hidden removable utility box and more.

Crosstour EX-L adds leather-trimmed seating surfaces with heated front seats, a memory driver-side seat and memory-linked side mirrors with reverse gear tilt-down capability, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearshift knob, dual-zone automatic climate control, an automatic dimming rearview mirror, a premium audio system with Kevlar® cone speakers and front aluminum dome-type tweeter speakers, XM® Radio and more. Also available on the Crosstour EX-L is the Honda Satellite-linked Navigation System2 which includes a rearview camera with guidelines integrated into the display.

Safety Assets -

Safety technology includes the Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure, a Honda-exclusive body design that enhances occupant protection and crash compatibility in frontal collisions. Additional safety equipment on the Crosstour includes Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®), anti-lock brakes with electronic brake distribution and brake assist, side curtain airbags with a rollover sensor, driver's and front passenger's side airbags with passenger-side Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS), dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags, and active front seat head restraints.

The Crosstour is assembled in Ohio at the Honda of America Mfg., Inc., East Liberty Auto Plant using domestic and globally sourced parts.

Warranty -

The 2012 Honda Crosstour is covered by a 3-year/36,000-mile new-car limited warranty, a 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain limited warranty, and a 5-year/unlimited-mile corrosion limited warranty.

Additional media information including detailed features and high-resolution photography of the 2012 Honda Crosstour is available at www.hondanews.com. Consumer information is available at automobiles.honda.com.

#38 ·
No arguments here. What you consider horrid and ugly and I consider cool and unique. That is why I decided to spend my money on one and you didn't. There's nothing I can say to try and change that. Forums are about voicing your opinions. Ppl say the same things about the BMW X6 and the Acura ZDX which I also think are cool so its safe to say I like that body style.

I read the article and even though they weren't specifically talking about the Crosstour, I see where they're coming from. The Civic redesign looked more like a MMC. Ppl used to compare my 8th gen to the old BMW 5 series. They have been playing it safe. The boldest statement design-wise was the Crosstour and look at the response it has gotten. The idea of the Crosstour was riskier than just lazily adding a wagon back to the current sedan, which probably wouldn't look right if u think about it. Taking risks like that is a step in the right direction and I have confidence that Honda will get it right and make the car appealing to a broader audience when the complete redesign comes along. And if not, well there are plenty of other crossovers on the market.

Design and tech wise Korea is kicking Honda's butt with the Sonata and Optima sedans (also Ford) and that's why the 9th gen sedan is going to be so important this fall. I really think these companies got Honda's attention and they're come out swinging.

#39 ·
No arguments here. What you consider horrid and ugly and I consider cool and unique. That is why I decided to spend my money on one and you didn't. There's nothing I can say to try and change that. Forums are about voicing your opinions. Ppl say the same things about the BMW X6 and the Acura ZDX which I also think are cool so its safe to say I like that body style.
:thmsup:..I think CT is a decent looking suv. 2g is a improvement but I think 1g grill area looks much better

In New York, if you see 5 cars at a light, 3 of them will be camrys and the other 2 will be accord sedans
Word!!! Here out of every 10 cars you see at red lights 4 are Honda's and 3 Toyota's or 4 Toyota's and 3 Honda's(New Corolla's, New Camry's, 8th/7th gen Accord's, New Civics,many older models Honda/Toyota, and etc). Is it safe to say North America runs on Japanese car's?

#40 ·
looks like a crv-crosstour

#42 ·
Am I the only one that thinks the front is too aggressive compared to more streamline rear?

I somehow see it as if they combined two different cars together.

#45 ·
Seemingly, here's how I breakdown the genre (going by styling/looks theme)

Elite - Aston Martin Rapide
Luxo - Audi A7
Performer - Porsche Panamera
Economical - Honda Accord CrossTour

Had Honda kept the CrossTour more on the sedan/coupe based side of things as a wagon, vs. emulating SUV's/CUV's w/ it's stance/ride-height, I don't think it'd be as polarizing from the get'go. The TSX wagon isn't a looker at all whatsoever, but being a traditional wagon style, it garnered a fraction of the scrutiny of the CrossTour. I believe Subaru can get away w/ wagon-ute designs.

#49 ·
Very disappointed in Honda's direction and styling once again. If there ever was a vehicle that needed a redesign it was the Crosstour. I'm guessing it's too much money to do a complete rebuild of it at this stage. But that's what it needs, a complete redesign. The thing is just a failure styling wise, even worse then the Aztec imho.

You know what, scrap it all together and just give me a AWD accord. Something to compete with the AWD Legacy/Fusion/Charger and a few others. Those cars sell very well in my climate where it's winter 6months of a year. You want a SUV, buy the CRV. Whatever the heck this Crosstour is fills no need. If anything, considering it is selling at all shows peoples desires to have a AWD accord despite how ugly it is.

#50 ·
w/ a 4 cyl engine, will it even be able to haul that thing?
this is a 1.5 gen update correct?

#51 ·
Honda's Not Fooling Anyone

Sure, a four cylinder engine will move the Crosstour fine. But no engine, including a four, will move that fat, ugly thing with any modern degree of efficiency.

And that is correct: This "Concept" car, as Honda wants everyone to believe it is, is nothing more than a boring mid-cycle refresh. It is NOT a proper redesign, and nothing they can do to this vomitous automobile is going to hide the fact that it's inefficient, renders poor outward visibility, is disdainfully overpriced, and flat out homely.

Such a great idea in concept and Honda had to go and royally eff it up. :furious: I scorn them for ruining this hatchback.

#52 ·
Honda Press Release

2013 Honda Crosstour Now Offers Class-Leading Fuel Efficiency, More V-6 Power, Refined Styling, Enhanced Visibility and New Lower Base Price

Extensive updates, lower MSRP and improved fuel economy provide premium crossover with added value

TORRANCE, Calif.

The 2013 Honda Crosstour goes on sale November 20, 2012, with pricing beginning at $27,230 – a starting MSRP $525 lower than in 2012. Receiving extensive updates, the 2013 Honda Crosstour introduces more purposeful exterior styling, significant upgrades to the interior design and materials, and a more powerful, fuel-efficient Earth Dreams™ V-6 engine coupled to a six-speed automatic transmission with paddle-shift control. The rugged new styling, teamed with class-leading fuel-efficiency and a lower MSRP on the base four-cylinder model make the 2013 Honda Crosstour the smartest choice in a premium mid-size crossover.

Standard equipment on all Crosstour models includes a rearview camera with guidelines, Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink™, USB/iPod® connection, fog lights, one-touch turn signals and an Expanded View Driver's Mirror. The front-wheel-drive Crosstour offers two trim levels (EX, EX-L) available with four-cylinder or V-6 powertrains, with Real Time™ 4WD available on the EX-L V-6 model. Rich new exterior colors for 2013 include Kona Coffee Metallic and Mountain Air Metallic.

The 2013 Crosstour is one of the first Honda models available with the new keyless Smart Entry with Push Button start. The 2013 Crosstour also features Honda's LaneWatch™ blind-spot display, which uses a camera system mounted on the passenger mirror to provide an enhanced rearward view of the passenger-side roadway. Other standard visibility-enhancing features include the rearview camera and new re-shaped rear headrests.

The 2013 Honda Crosstour also receives enhancements on the safety front including available Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Forward Collision Warning (FCW). Other safety upgrades to the 2013 Crosstour are designed to help it earn top IIHS roof-crush safety scores, as well as a 5-Star NCAP rating.

Summary of Changes

-More rugged and premium exterior styling

-Upgraded interior design and materials

-More powerful available Earth Dreams™ 3.5-liter V-6 engine

-Class-leading EPA-estimated fuel economy – up to an estimated 31 mpg2 highway

-Standard visibility enhancements including rearview camera, re-shaped rear headrests and Expanded View Driver's Mirror

-Available 6-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters (V-6)

-Available Honda LaneWatch™ blind-spot display

-Available HondaLink™ featuring Aha™ compatibility

-Available Smart Entry with Push Button start

-Available Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and Lane Departure Warning (LDW)

-New Kona Coffee Metallic and Mountain Air Metallic exterior colors

-Powertrain

The two different four-cylinder Crosstour models, the 2-wheel-drive EX and EX-L, are powered by a 2.4-liter, 16-valve DOHC i-VTEC® engine. The four-cylinder models significantly broaden the Crosstour's appeal through a lower price point and EPA-estimated fuel economy rating1 of 22 mpg city, 31 mpg highway, and 25 mpg combined. The 4-cylinder engine produces 192 horsepower at 7000 rpm and 162 lb-ft. of torque at 4400 rpm. A technologically advanced 5-speed automatic transmission with Grade Logic Control is standard equipment.

The new available Earth Dreams™ 3.5-liter, 24-valve SOHC i-VTEC® V-6 engine utilizes Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) to maximize efficiency, allowing the engine to run on 3 or 6 cylinders, depending on engine load and speed. For 2013, power output climbs to 278 horsepower at 6200 rpm, a 7-hp gain over the 2012 Crosstour V-6. Peak torque output is now 252 lb-ft. at 4900 rpm with a much wider torque spread. The net result is a more responsive engine across the rev range that drivers use every day, combined with better peak power for quick acceleration, passing, and climbing grades. The Crosstour V-6's new 6-speed automatic transmission also includes new steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters.

Fuel efficiency for the V-6 is also significantly improved, with it now achieving an EPA-estimated city/highway/combined fuel economy rating1 of 20/29/23 mpg on Crosstour 2WD models and 18/28/22 mpg1 for the Crosstour EX-L with Real Time™ 4WD. Compared to the 2WD 2012 Crosstour V-6, this represents a 2 mpg improvement in city/highway/combined fuel economy.

Body

Since its debut as a 2010 model, the Honda Crosstour has created its own unique crossover SUV identity with a distinctively sleek, sporty and fuel-efficient style. This continues for 2013 with a newly refreshed exterior that provides a more rugged, active, and premium look, while still concealing an accommodating rear cargo area with a large tailgate. An under-floor storage area in the rear of the vehicle adds even more functionality, while reversible floor panels accommodate messy cargo.

Standard exterior features on Crosstour EX include chrome door handles, 17-inch alloy wheels and P225/65R-17 all-season tires. Additional exterior features on the Crosstour EX include auto-on/off projector-beam headlights, a one-touch power moonroof with tilt, body-colored folding power side mirrors with defrost, auto-up/down driver's and front passenger's windows, and rear privacy glass. The top-of-the-line Crosstour EX-L V-6 model adds 18-inch alloy wheels with P225/60R-18 all-season tires.

Chassis

The Crosstour has inspired handling, thanks to its double-wishbone front and independent multi-link rear suspension, front and rear stabilizer bars, and front strut tower bar. All Crosstour models include power-assisted ventilated front and solid rear disc brakes. For true utility-vehicle capability, the Crosstour provides 6.2 inches of maximum ground clearance in addition to the available Real Time™ 4WD system.

Interior

Premium interior styling, appointments and details extend throughout the Crosstour's versatile passenger compartment, which is further improved for 2013 with upgraded interior design and materials. Inside the Crosstour EX are automatic air conditioning with an air-filtration system (dual-zone automatic climate control on EX-L V-6), a 360-watt AM/FM 6-disc audio system with seven speakers, Bluetooth™ HandsFreeLink®, a USB audio interface, steering wheel-mounted cruise, audio and phone controls, an auto day/night dimming rearview mirror, an easy fold-down 60-40 split rear seatback, a hidden removable utility box and more.

Crosstour EX-L models add leather-trimmed seating surfaces with heated front seats, memory driver's seat and memory side mirrors with reverse tilting capability, dual-zone automatic climate control, leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearshift knob, Kevlar® cone audio speakers, front aluminum dome-type tweeter speakers, HondaLink™ with Aha™ compatibility, Pandora® Internet radio compatibility, XM® Radio, compass and outside temperature indicator (also included on EX V-6), and more. The EX-L V-6 model also adds a HomeLink™ transmitter.

The Honda Satellite-linked Navigation System2 is available on Crosstour EX-L models, and all EX-L and above Crosstour models feature an upgraded multi-view rearview camera with guidance lines integrated into the display. Real Time™ 4WD is available on the Crosstour EX-L V-6.

Safety

Crosstour safety technology includes the Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure, a Honda-exclusive body design that enhances occupant protection and crash compatibility in frontal collisions. Additional safety equipment on the Crosstour includes Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®), anti-lock brakes with electronic brake distribution and brake assist, side curtain airbags with a rollover sensor, driver's and front passenger's side airbags with passenger-side Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS), dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags, and active front seat head restraints.

Standard on Crosstour EX-L models is Honda's new Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and Lane Departure Warning (LDW) systems. FCW can alert the driver when a potential collision with another vehicle ahead is detected, where LDW can alert the driver when lane drift is detected without a turn signal in use.

A series of visibility enhancements on the 2013 Crosstour can improve safety by increasing the driver's awareness of other vehicles, pedestrians or other obstacles that are around the Crosstour. Standard on all Crosstour models, save the four-cylinder EX, is Honda's exclusive new LaneWatch blind spot camera. Other improvements on all Crosstour models include reshaped rear headrests that enhance rearward visibility, a standard rearview camera, and a new Expanded View Driver's Mirror.

Manufacturing

The Crosstour is produced3 at the Honda of America Mfg., Inc., East Liberty Auto Plant in East Liberty, Ohio. At its introduction, the Crosstour was named one of the "Top 10 Family Cars" by Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com. Consumer Guide then added "Recommended Buy" honors to the Crosstour.

Warranty

The 2013 Honda Crosstour is covered by a 3-year/36,000-mile new-car limited warranty, a 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain limited warranty, and a 5-year/unlimited-mile corrosion limited warranty.

#54 ·
I cannot edit the old message, but yes, it is indeed stuck with the old RT-AWD system. Dual pump, ball cam, and reactive. Not the newer, computer controlled, single pump setup that can put down power to all 4 wheels, whenever, wherever. It's a strange omission, however, I've heard some international market current generation CR-Vs are still sold with the old system, new body.

#55 ·
It doesn't look ugly at all to me. I think Honda is getting the rim designs completely wrong. That's the only problem I see with Crosstour, Odyssey and the new Honda Accords too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.