Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

help me out about enter the radio anti-theft code ?

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  shogun 
#1 ·
hi, last time my car ran out battery, so now the radio asks for the code, but I am not sure how to enter the 5 digits code, when I tried to hit the buttons according to the code, no response at all, I wonder is there any button I should hit first ? The manual did ask to press preset button, but I don't know what it is. please help. my car is a 95 accord ex. Thanks

#2 ·
if you put the wrong code in too many times, I believe you have to wait 24hrs.

Try not touching it for a day and then turn it on, and press the code in via the preset buttons.

#3 ·
Actually I believe after three failed attempts, the radio has to be left ON for 1 hour.

The entry should be straight forward. If COdE is in the display, tap out the code with the radio presets. Be careful to firmly and deliberately push each button but not accidently double tap.

If this doesn't work, you may be using the wrong code.

#4 ·
Trip you may be right!

Double check your owners manual to be sure!

EDIT: Better yet! Here's the page with the info on it :).

Attachments

#7 ·
If you have the premium audio system (6 disc changer) you use the buttons numbered 1 thru 6..If you need to enter codes for the NAV system you use the knob.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.