Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Red LED turn signals? (03-04 sedan)

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  retrosolutions 
#1 ·
Has anybody done it? I thought it would be original and not that bad-looking. Doesn't really serve a huge purpose, but I imagine it looks better than the current OEM setup. Thoughts? Anyone that's done it feel free to post pics.

#5 ·
If you're going to install an LED bulb for your turn signal - in place of your standard incandescent bulb - like hillstones was eluding to, you need to install/splice a load resistor (like the pic below) in each corner that you use an LED bulb...or else, like paperboy42190 said, you'll get the "hyperflash" when you use your turn signal. Normally, if you purchase LED bulbs from a reputable seller (like the ones advertised here on DA), you can also purchase these load resistors with the bulbs.

Attachments

#6 ·
Rear turn signal, sorry for not clarifying.

Doesn't look that hard to install. Would both the front and rear turn signals "hyperflash" if I installed only LED rears without the resistors?

#7 ·
Would both the front and rear turn signals "hyperflash" if I installed only LED rears without the resistors?
Yes.

LED bulbs draw less current; with cars now-a-days, (you probably already know this) the hyperflash is to inform you that one of your bulbs is burnt out. Both front and back turn signals (per side) are on the same circuit; so the hyperflash will happen on the side the bulb is burnt out (regardless if either front or back is burnt out) or for your application, where you replaced the standard bulb with the LED one. The load resistor just simulates the current an incandescent bulbs draws. Hope this helps.

#13 ·
Thanks for the help, guys. Retrosolutions, do you make any red LEDs that would fit in the 03-04 sedan's rear turn signal housing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.