Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

How to reach shift solenoids - Honda Accord 91

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  nehonda 
#1 ·
Hi,

I bought a Honda Accord EX (91) for little money (student) two weeks ago and haven't had a good time since then. At some point the car would rarely/not shift in the second gear. In general, it shifts super hard. I had a speed sensor code so I replaced the speed sensor. For most of the time it shifts now, but sometimes the weird behavior comes back and it would rarely shift in the second gear (only at really high rpm). Last time this occured the dashboard signaled a bad brake light :confused:

I bought used shift/lock up solenoids and would like to replace the old ones to see if this might fix it. Unfortunately, I'm not very repair-savvy and don't know how to reach the shift solenoids. Can I remove the two pipes on the photo? Not sure if they are full with cooling fluid. I would be very thankful for a hint.

Best
Alex

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The two small pipes with clamped hoses appear to be transmission cooling lines.
If you wait an hour or two after driving the car most of the ATF will drain back to the transmission and you will loose very little.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.