Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Spark plug & wire firing order

42K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  BLCKFLSH 
#1 ·
Does anybody have the firing order or a diagram of wires from plugs to coil and the order they go ????
thx much appreicated

2004 accord v6 4dr :thumbsup:

#4 ·
Coil On Plug......six coils that fire the plugs. The ecm/pcm sends a signal to each coil when it wants them to "fire". So there is not a dist or ign wires "per say". Instead six coils on top of the plugs that are controled by the pcm/ecm.

This eye chart might help.

Attachments

#10 ·
True but all controlled by the PCM/ECM......:)

And personally I would not call that left to right....pass side to drivers side yes (US models). Left and right of a car are as you sit in it....yes? So pass is "right" and drivers "left", again in the US we drive LHD cars.

Reactions: DaErh21
#8 ·
Well my maintenance light flashing 10xs ive tried resetting it
ive only owned vehicle 3 months now ive done 2 oil changes one when i first bought and one 3000 later its its been going off for about 1500miles now i took to advanced and no codes so im basically gonna do a full engine tune up and see what happens .. Im no grade a mechanic just some one who try's to take care of my vehicles so your help is greatly appreciated thx

#9 ·
You should read the owner's manual about these lights. The "maintenance required light" is set to blink at start-up at a certain mileage. It is only a reminder to do maintenance on the car. It does not mean there is a problem. The "check engine" light blinking would be an indication of a problem. To reset the maintenance required light, get in the driver's seat, close the door, with your left hand push and hold the trip-reset button, while holding the button down turn the key to on (second position, no need to start engine). Continue to hold the button, till the light goes out. If you don't have an owner's manual, you can register on Honda owner's link, and get the owner's manual information there.

There is nothing wrong with your car, unless the "check engine" light (light shaped like an engine) is on.

#12 ·
True, I corrected my post to reflect that.

Again, just hate for someone to ask for a left front "X" at a parts store when they really need the pass/right "X".....US models....as the parts store would sell you the drivers/left.

Do you need the left front caliper? Too bad the bleeder is at the bottom and you can't figure out why the pedal is "not right".

:)

Reactions: BLCKFLSH
#13 ·
Parts guy huh? I understand. People don't usually ask for engine parts by saying left or right though. With respect to body parts, I suspect you would run into that problem all the time.

#14 ·
I always thought left/right thing was based on the driver sitting behind the wheel, which means it doesnt matter if its left or right hand drive.

#15 ·
When you say passenger, or driver's side it matters, because in other countries, it is reversed. I said left to right as it pertained to the firing order, because I assume the person is actually looking at the engine. You can't see the engine from the driver's seat. Like I said though, the only way to be sure would be to say drive belt side or transmission side. Then there is no confusion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.