Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Honda Rear Seat Cover Review (Sedan)

13K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  Gator_CR2 
#1 ·
In preparation for a lab puppy on his way, I recently purchased the OEM Honda rear seat cover on Amazon for just under $200 shipped. Overall, I give them a 8.5/10 and would recommend to anyone who wants to protect their rear seats from animals or children (assuming they perform as advertised).

Material:
The material is similar to wetsuit material (claims to be waterproof and machine washable). The material is thick and seems like it should stand up to years of use.

Installation & Design:
Installation was overall easy if you follow the directions. First install took me maybe a half hour but I am willing to bet I can do it in 5-10 minutes once I do it a few times. The design is pretty ingenious. It uses velcro and tabs to hold itself in place. The seat bottom could have benefited from 2 more tabs for a little more hold. You do not need any tools and do not have to remove any interior pieces for the install.

Fitment:
Fitment on the seatback is perfect and very tight. On the bottom, the fitment is a little loose but that is probably due to the shape/contours of the seat (butt indentations). I plan on trying to adjust it a little better but was chased away by rain this morning. The true test will be to see if it holds in place with a dog climbing in and out.

Pictures:

Other thoughts:
It looks nice enough to justify keeping it on, especially since I don't anticipate having anyone in the back in the near future (I'm married and just moved to a new state so I have no friends :wave:). The material feels a little sticky on bare skin (if you have put on a wetsuit you know the feeling) but if its functional then I am okay with that. The center seat belt slightly conflicts with the fitment. This is hard to describe but the bottom of the center seat belt is mounted under the seat cushion and you have to push it to the back to get the cover on. If you are someone that uses the center seat belt, it might pull the cover out of place when you use it.

I will update after I get some use out of it or have something to add.

See less See more
#2 ·
Perfect, thank you for the review. This is going to be one of my first purchases after I purchase the vehicle, along with some weathertechs and the upgrade horns.

I have 11 yr old twins that play travelball, my hopes is that this will help keep things clean from the field clay and dirt. I will leave it on full time since they are the only ones that would sit back there unless I take the dog out (Huge German Shephard)

#4 ·
Thanks for the feedback, glad to see people find the review useful. If anyone has specific questions feel free to ask.

We are probably getting a yellow lab but may end up with a chocolate. There is a yellow litter that has already been born that we are on the list for, just waiting to see what the people in front of us choose (show quality vs pet quality, male vs female). We know we want a male for sure, up for either show or pet after that. And that is more than you wanted to know about my puppy :)

#5 ·
The tabs for the side bolsters can go in a little more than that.

They almost curl back under the bolsters instead of pushing in at 90 degrees.

Attachments

#6 ·
^^^Thanks, I'll fix them! Like I said, the rain chased me away so I didn't have time for much tweaking. I'm really hoping I can get the bottom to fit a little better.

#8 ·
#9 ·
Thanks,

Another question, hopefully the last.....

IF I decide to go with the standard Hybrid that comes out in October, do you think the side bolster area could be tucked in far enough to pull it tight considering the hybrid has the side vents for the batteries?

Here are some examples of those seats......

#10 ·
Maybe. Its kinda tight in there on my seats, which is why those tabs are sticking out a little bit. But I was able to push mine in the rest of the way. Worse case scenario is you might have a little extra flab of fabric on the edges. If those are tan cloth seats you better get something to protect them!! :)

#11 ·
If those are tan cloth seats you better get something to protect them!! :)
Pictures from the internet. No way would I get tan/ivory with 11 yr olds that play baseball. My intent is black leather.

My previous vehicle had black leather, and even without a seat cover, they were rather easy to clean up baseball field goo.....

Only problem I could see IF I were to go with the hybrid, would be if the rear seat does not fold down, since more than likely the batteries will sit there and they would have no need for a fold down seat. This could make installation more difficult.

#12 ·
thanks for the review. I wish I could get this for a decent price in Canada. They want $400 here, and everyone I tried in the USA wants to charge me over $80 just for shipping. Nuts.

There are two tabs on the bottom of the lower seat that you can pull out, and the seat bottom lifts up. Put your head down by the floor near center and look up, you'll see them. Might or might not help you tuck the bottom piece tighter.

#18 ·
I skipped the OEM seat covers and went with a generic single-piece cover by Dickie's that picked up at WalMart for $15. I have two small children so the aft compartment is permanently taken up by car seats. The car seats hold the cover in place, which probably wouldn't stay in place well by itself. It's a half-assed solution but it does the trick in MY application. If I still have this car when the kids are out of car seats (unlikely) I'll either buy Honda's covers or just let the seat-staining carnage unfold as it may.

Though come to think of it, when the older child goes into a booster seat I'd probably have to ditch this setup since there wouldn't be a seatback to pin the cover in place...

#22 ·
Not a real update but Kubota approves!

#26 ·
How is the cover holding up? I've got a 12 year old Golden who usually rides in the back of a Sequoia. She is having trouble getting in the Seq. I want her to be able to be in the Accord with the light gray cloth interior. Cover required.

Thanks in advance

#28 ·
I love goldens! I had 3 growing up but the wife was stuck on getting a lab (second choice for me). The cover is holding up great. We have been on about 5 long distance trips(9-24 hrs each) and a few short distance. So far it has kept all the crud off the seats. Some dog hair does find its way down into the crack between seat back and cushion, and where the seat belt buckles come through but not bad. I have not had to wash the cover yet, as I usually lay down a towel as well for the long trips (poor pup gets sick half the time). I keep the cover on all the time and no passengers have complained about it either :)

The pup is all but grown up now.

#29 ·
Thanks for the update. My son and his wife, who graduated UF, had a yellow that looks like yours. Piper was a great dog. They got her after graduation while in Vermont, then moved to the Seattle area. She loved hiking, snow, and ball tossing especially if water was involved. A very active dog.
Yes, the Golden has a lot of loose fur, but easily vacuumed. Thanks for letting me know about the slot area between the back and bottom of the seat. That does appear to be sort of a weak link compared to the one piece, one size fits none versions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.