Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

02 sensor heater circuit malfunction

19K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  dcon9999 
#1 ·
My scanner result shows these 2 error codes on my car:

P0141 ... 02 sensor heater circuit malfunction (bank 1 sensor 2)
P0706 ... trans range sensor ckt range/perf

how do I go about fixing these?
where do I locate d 02 sensor?

any help will be appreciated

#4 ·
I had the P0141 code about 1 month ago. Just search for it and you will find several threads on it. There was a Honda Service News article on that sensor. There is a better sensor out now, supposedly more corrosion resistant.

Actually, here:http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/search.php?searchid=1269811
It's probably easier to just post the search results.

Edit: By the way, changing this sensor should not cost $600. I believe HondaFamilyMan was including other repairs in that figure. My dealer charged about $230 to the extended warranty folks (third party).

#7 ·
#8 ·
Without an HDS (real Honda scanner) it's going to be difficult to diagnose the trans range sensor issue.
You need to know whether or not it's actually putting out the correct voltages for each gear you're selecting.

Does your PRNDL work properly on the dash? (gear indicator)

The a/f or O2 sensor heater issue is usually the sensor itself, the heater within the sensor has crapped out. You have to determine by the code displayed which bank (if a V6) and which sensor (front or rear) is showing the problem.

#15 ·
You can try with a generic obd2 scanner, but mostly they'll only display the code number. (if that) Many will just show a P0700, a general trans fault.

Does this car see much mud, heavy snow, or water?

BTW, with the light blinking, I wouldn't want to be driving it much. Especially not on a 900km drive to a dealership. I'd be worried of damaging the trans.

#17 ·
So - having recently come across the p0141 error in my 2005 accord i4 lx, I just want to summarize and ask for help.

I'm reading on here that the aftermarket sensor replacements are faulty - that I should go with a genuine honda one - that no warranty is going to help me with 93,500 miles on my 2005 - that I should be able to find it under my passenger seat - and replace it myself if I want. I also think that I read somewhere that the sensor should cost about $150?

Here are my questions - I would like Honda to do the work - and I'd like to use genuine honda parts along with that -

Does anyone have a link for the OEM genuine honda part? is it denso? etc?

My local dealer is charging me $310 for the sensor - and $90 for labor/tax. Called other local dealers - similar pricing.

Any other suggestions?

#18 ·
Any one of the listed parts sites that are on here have real Honda parts, at about the same prices. Depends on which one will work for you.

I asked about lots of mud and water because the sensor has an ambient air reference it needs, some go through the wires and others have a way to get it from the outer shell.
Excessive water/mud and junk getting on the outside of the sensor can allow the stuff in and destroy the sensor.

Here's the two sensors in the system. This is for the LX

#19 ·
Called dealer back - talked to someone that actually knew what they were talking about - $112 for the part - $85 for the labor - I bring it in on Monday since I wasn't able to pull up the carpet as easily as i would have liked to DI myself and it was 95 outside.

Think I'll do my 2nd tranny drain an fill while i'm there too.

Thanks for the posts and private messages.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.