Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Retrieve Unlock Code for Radio and Navi at https://radio-navicode.honda.com

1M views 50 replies 39 participants last post by  Navneet 
#1 ·
Check it out everyone!

Honda has finally given owners the ability to search their Anti-Theft Codes up online!

http://radio-navicode.honda.com/

(Can we get a sticky here please)

#3 ·
where was this a year ago...
hey accordlover if you still need that factory cd player, mine is setting around now that i bought a used pioneer deck. i would let it go for a very good price.

#4 ·
I don't 'need' it, as I bought one for the 86 Already, but I might like one to put into the 96 if I trade it in this summer. PM me with your price, does it have the pocket?

#5 ·
Doesn't work for me....

We are sorry – a technical error has occurred.
While it is being resolved, you can click your browser's Refresh button to try again.
edit: nevermind...with enough pressing of the magical refresh button, it came up.

#11 ·
:lmao:

Way to be a smart a$$.

It made me laugh nevertheless...:D

#13 ·
I can't find my radio code...not in the inside or side of the glove box:paranoid::dunno:

#14 ·
There is of course a way to avoid the re-entry of codes and reprogramming of your radio. All you need is a accessory plug, a little wire and a 9V battery clip, (you can purchase a ready made one as well) plug it in to the accessory outlet before you dissconect the battery and the 9V battery will provide sufficient power to the radio to maintain settings, just remember to turn the radio off first.

#15 ·
VIN not valid???

It's telling me:

"Vin not valid

We could not validate the VIN number you entered. Please verify the number and enter it again. Valid VIN numbers use the letters A-Z and numbers 0-9, except for the letters I, O, and Q. If the VIN is not working properly, check to see if letters and numbers have been accidentally inverted. Make sure the letter O was not entered in place of the number 0. Also, make sure the correct number of characters has been entered. Automobiles have a unique 17-character Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
"

I know I am entering the correct VIN.....
Anyone else had this problem?
Does this work for 2008 models? :dunno:

Thanks

#16 ·
How old is your 08?

Also, if you have a single CD then you don't have the anti theft code.

#19 ·
Cant get the phone no. and zip code

Bought a USED 2003 Honda accord EX in Feb 2008 from a dealer in Houston, now to access the navigation system it is asking for the code, which im trying to get it online but doesn’t accept my phone no. and zip code, I guess it is looking for the first owner’s info which the dealer said cant REVEAL. Should I ask the dealer to update my info with the Honda company or???

#21 ·
The sales person should have written these codes down in one of the pamphlets that came with your car & manual. I scrawled my Nav & radio codes in an area of my car where nobody would think of looking...even if they found them they wouldn't know what they were.

#23 ·
is the radio code specific to each radio or is there just a batch of radio codes that is given out to several radios? like, say there are about 25 radio codes ever made and between those 25 codes all several hundred thousand cars will have one of these 25 codes?

and also, filling out the thing online, is it required to have all fields filled out, or just the car's VIN and radio's serial numbers required?

#24 ·
In theory there are 6!, or 6 factorial number of combinations that is possilbe with the 7th Gen radio which has 1 through 6 as pre-set keys.

So that's 6*5*4*3*2*1= 720 possilbe combinations of codes, one can always kill an afternoon working through the permutations starting with 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, then 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, and so on!

So yes not all radios will have unique security codes when there are only 720 combination/permutation to pick from.

Honda really should add a 7th digit, it will bring the combinations up to 5,040, a far more difficult task to perform through brute force method.

#35 ·
Radio combinations

You're incorrect, sir. Your possible combinations only reflect a decrease in numbers if you are eliminating digits from the combination. In your example 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 would not match the 6*5*4*3*2*1 bc in the first set you have all numbers 1-6 available to you, the second set would not allow the 1 bc you would have already used the one thus decreasing your combinations to options 2-6 and so on and so forth.

So, in essence, the factor is actually 6*6*6*6*6*6 which equal 46,656 total combinations so a 7th digit is not necessary at all.

#25 ·
in theory huh? lol. that's one way to kill an afternoon, lmao!

#26 ·
Is there a way to get the radio code with only the VIN? My cousin bought her 6th gen used and can't find the serial number of her radio anywhere nor does she know the original zip code where the car was purchased.

#27 ·
Will this work for Canadian vehicles? I know myhonda.ca doesn't display them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.