Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

What is the best air intake for 2010 accord?

12K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  2010BBPCoupe 
#1 ·
i have a 2010 honda accord. 1st mod is gonna be a intake. most likely cold air. which brand is the best?

#5 ·
thats a v6 -.- he didnt ask what kind of motor you have =)

anyways, i was in the same shoes you were about a month ago, but i was deciding cold air or short ram and then which brand... i ended up getting
TAkeda Short Ram Intake. I do not regret buying it! it is soo sweet, with the sound that it gives off. I do not really feel a performance gain because its hard to tell in short hp increases

so, TAKEDA SHORT RAM INTAKE =D

Reactions: Kboss
#6 ·
if you're interested in a cai, Ive seen alot of people get the injen one. I got the sri for the easy installation.

#7 ·
im in the same boat! i got some birthday cash to blow and am totally confused on whether to get a SRI or CAI for a 2010 v6 sedan. from what i read, its both about the same, SRI is louder at low RPMs whereas CAI is only noticable at high RPMs but can benefit off the v6. with either, will the sensors be affected/still be able to be used without any kind of warning lights?

any suggestions/opinions please?! thanks in advance... :banana:

#8 ·
I have the k&n convertible setup. Can be used as an sri or cai. I only feel top end gains when I first put it in. It was my first mod. Sri seemed to heat soak really bad in the summer so I went to cai setup. Ill probably go back to sri in winter since I've heard of peoples filters freezing. My town made the news on tv for having bad floods, and I never had a problem. Just be careful that's all. If I could go back, I would have saved for something else. I'm not saying id never get an intake, I just think I was happier with other mods. Unless you don't really plan on pushing it too much and just want the nice sound it gives off. Sri definitely sounds louder from in the car. Not so sure about from outside though. I personally don't think its too different from outside the car.

#14 ·
well i dont have anything in my car yet.... but from what ive seen on DA so far some people chose the sri because cai's could get water in it since it gets air from the wheel well.

it all depends on how you drive it though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.