Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Hello from Dubai !!

36K views 128 replies 25 participants last post by  ///M_Powerholic 
#1 ·
Hey people, I just joined these forums, hope I do learn from you guys and benefit from your knowledge.

I'm a board member in the BMW Club UAE, I own a 2007 4-cyl Accord ( VTI-E ), Desert Mist, fully loaded except Navi ( Dealer doesn't offer Navi in this region )... and living in Dubai.

The car is Bone stock except:

- AUX/USB retrofit.
- Pirelli P7 Tires.
- Half Tailights Smoked + Reverse Lights. ( The white areas )
- Carbon Fiber Foil ( Diffuser-like ) on the rear OEM bumper.
- De-chromed front grille. ( Black Foil )
- JBL 1000Watts woofer + 400AMP Pioneer. ( On/Off Switch )
- YellowHat Xenon-like low beam "4700k". ( Amazing bulbs )
- Phillips White LED Plate number bulbs.
- 30% Fr / 70% Rr tint.

That's what I can recall for now..

Future Plans:

- De-chrome the whole car ( Door windows trim (DONE) / rear " Accord " emblems...etc )
- Install black housing headlights.
- OEM Front lip.
- Rear trunk spoiler.

Far Future Plans:

- Manual Gearbox Swap
- D2 coilovers
- etc....

Feel free to add any comments/questions. Will leave you with the pics.

Thanks for reading !

End of night pics !

Attachments

See less See more
#49 ·
#51 ·
Might get my hands on some used OEM headlights for cheap price soon ! :D

Did a stupid mistake and bought "White" LED bulbs for the city lights... I HATE THEM, going back to OEMs ASAP !! :puke:

#52 ·
After checking my gearbox oil, I noticed that it's smoked gold-ish color, so I decided to include it with the 105,000KMS service at the stealership. ( Car still under warranty )

They charged me for the gearbox oil labor 30 AED = 10$ USD, since I got them the Honda ATF oil. ;)

After I took the car out, refueled it ( I always go with 98 Octane ), and added the Complete Fuel System cleaner, the car is very smooth, I can feel that difference in output AND no more of that sluggish feeling.

Just wanted to update my info. :)

#53 ·
Took out the resonator, damn the car sounds alive, I know there's no power gain or anything related to power, but I love how it sounds now. ( will keep it :yes: )

But sometimes I smell some kind of smoke for few mins then it's gone, I don't floor it, I just do 3/4 the pedal IF I get excited.

And another thing, after removing the entire resonator, I left no pipe in there, since the resonator is a 1 piece with its pipes, the only remaining stuff now is the airbox with its lower gate and the rubber housing going downward, any ideas if that would harm ? can I take out the resonator pipes out ? :dunno:

#54 ·
Got my front lip ( Replica from a local shop ), will get it painted and installed today...

Let's see how it goes with the replicas...

#56 ·
On Saturday hopefully... :thmsup:

#57 ·
Front lip installed !!! :banana::banana::banana:

LOVE IT !! :D

( Sorry for the crappy phone pictures ) :paranoid:

Opinions ?

Attachments

#59 ·
^ That will have to waaiiiit for quite some time, since some of my family members also use the car until they get their own.

#60 ·
I missed this thread somehow. Nice looking ride.
I'm based in Dubai as well and have the same color car.
Yours looks a lot better though
Would love to know where you got that front lip from and a shop who can do the dechroming of the window trim and grill.

#61 ·
That's cool, another one living in Dubai, I guess it's just me and you on these forums.

Post some pics of your Accord man...

Regarding the dechroming, I did it by myself, not easy to do, just needs time and patience.

The front lip is replica, in pictures it looks good, but in person, I'm still working on the paint job since it doesn't have the quality of the OEM one.

#63 ·
Never came across the Inspire foglights over here, they don't know that the Honda Inspire exists anyway lol.

I can get you the front lip for (350 DHS), but you have to do the paint job and the fitment. ( I can guide you how to do it )

Let me know if you are interested.

And hey, post some pics :D

#64 ·
Black Housing headlights ... DONE ! :D

Attachments

#67 ·
Mine is GCC spec Accord, and it was built in Japan.

Here's a link to help you out,

http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/h....php?model_53=ACCORD&carea_53=KY&year_53=2007

Mine is 2.4L VTI-E which is nearly close to the EX I think.

The "phone sign" is for bluetooth ( Was installed by the dealer as free accessories ).

@Op
Its coming along very nicely! :thmsup:

@UuVeeh

He has a Accord which was built in Japan so he mostly likely has more options/better Accord then us here in N.A:boohoo:
Thanks man, I love how aggressive the front end looks now.

Well, not to forget that non of the Accords here come with the Nav screen sadly ! :(

And thanks again for following my thread ! ;)

#66 ·
@Op
Its coming along very nicely! :thmsup:

@UuVeeh

He has a Accord which was built in Japan so he mostly likely has more options/better Accord then us here in N.A:boohoo:

#69 ·
The car is at the stealership for the 110,000KMS service.

Can anyone post/share what should be done at this service interval ?

Thanks ! :)

#70 ·
Need to check my self I'm at 78000-ish kms+ as of now. I think I'm already behind with some of the fluids changes(coolant,brake fluid,power steering) will be doing it myself :yes: since summer is here or I might sell it before doing any of that:D

#71 ·
They just called me, telling me that I have a leakage in the steering pump, and they won't replace it, they will just replace the seals and the rubber stuff in there ( This is totally under warranty ),

they also told me that the brake system needs bleeding ( 55$ ), I was like ok do it.

They also informed me that the front rotors/disks needs skimming/resurfacing for ( 50$ Each !!!!!! ), I was like hell no, I will do it somewhere outside !

Front control arms bushings are " Slightly cracked " no need for replacing, and one of the CV boots has a " very minor " leakage, so it's fine. ( As per his words )

That's all what they told me, and the car should be ready tomorrow morning instead of tonight ! :(

#72 ·
2 Things...

- I use TOTAL Engine Oil 15w40 ( Recommended by the stealership ), but I decided not to do the services in there anymore, can I use Castrol Oils ?

If so, which ones ? ( Stealership doing the oil changes every 5000 KMS ) so how many liters do I need ?

- If I'm upgrading to the V6 battery, what battery specs and V6 parts should I look for ?

Here in Dubai, AC Delco Batteries are available everywhere and everyone uses them since they are good.

Want to get the full image.

Thanks in advance guys ! :D

#73 ·
2 Things...

- I use TOTAL Engine Oil 15w40 ( Recommended by the stealership ), but I decided not to do the services in there anymore, can I use Castrol Oils ?

If so, which ones ? ( Stealership doing the oil changes every 5000 KMS ) so how many liters do I need ?
My V6 takes 4.6 quarts, so 4.34 liters. If you have I4, sorry, not sure. I don't know what oil is available over there, but I think very highly of Kendall and Amsoil.

- If I'm upgrading to the V6 battery, what battery specs and V6 parts should I look for ?

Here in Dubai, AC Delco Batteries are available everywhere and everyone uses them since they are good.

Want to get the full image.

Thanks in advance guys ! :D
Higher crank amps, and a decent size. AC Delco should be good. I think it is a re-branded battery from a reputable company, forgot which.

#77 ·
Update:

- LED interior ( Orange ) illumination added ( Footwells and doors )

- CarPlan Silicon DD sprayed on all door and window seals/rubbers and sunroof as well, makes a BIG difference !

Now the question is, PlastiDip is only available in cans rather than spray cans here in Dubai, and it was extremely hard for me to find it in Black ( Blue and yellow were only available ) but today I was lucky enough to find the last Black PlastiDip can at ACE Hardware, so I bought it really fast.

How can I use the normal plastidip can on the badges and other stuff ?

Air Brush ?

#78 ·
Great night pictures, ///M_Powerholic! Glad you're on here and posting.

#79 ·
^ Thanks man, my pleasure ! :)

But why are you " Glad " ? :lmao: hahaha

#80 ·
Deck lid spoiler is added now :D

#81 ·
Motoring Middle East meeting :

This is what have been posted by this photographer...

Waiting for better pics of my car...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.