Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

2007 Accord power windows.

33K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  Haleclh 
#1 ·
Hey guys im new to this forum so hello all. im very familiar with the search and i made sure to search my dilema before posting, but to my dismay i found no info on my issue.

I have an 07 Accord SE. The driver's window works fine. However, the other 3power windows stopped working. When I press the buttons, I can hear the click each time but the regulators won't budge. The "window lock" button was released. I also checked the fuse and it's fine. Where should I check next?
i know this has happened to others and im not quite sure why i cant find anything on it. Any ideas on the matter will be very helpful

Thanks in advance,
Issac

#2 ·
Not sure if this will help, but here is the procedure for reseting the power windows from the service manual:

1. Turn ignition on.

2. Move driver's window all the way down using the switch.

3. Open the driver's door.

NOTE: steps 4-7 must be done within 5 seconds of each other.

4. Turn the ignition switch off.

5. Push and hold the driver's window down switch.

6. Turn the ignition switch on.

7. Release the driver's window down switch.

8. Repeat steps 4-7 three more times.

9. Wait 1 second.

10. Confirm that AUTO UP and AUTO DOWN do NOT work. If they work, go back to step 1.

11. Move the driver's window all the way down by holding the driver's window down switch to the auto down position.

12. Pull up and hold the driver's window up switch to the auto up position until the window reaches the fully closed position, then continue to hold the switch for 1 second.

13. Confirm that the power window master switch is reset by using the driver's window auto up and down function.

Hope this helps.

#4 ·
OP,

This thread is moved to the Problems & Solutions forum, and your other thread is considered a Double Post for the same thread, and is deleted as per forum rule.

Welcome aboard, and sorry to hear about your problem.

#9 ·
Can you open the other windows with either the buttons on the driver's door or the buttons on each individual door? My first guess is that it's a problem with the window lock feature.

#11 ·
unfortunately you're going to need to do diagnosis on the b-can network to see where the signals are being lost.

You'll need the factory manual to do it, with the following, the HDS, a scanner that can read the b-can system, or there's a manual mode mentioned in the manual to get information out of the system.

Have you tried to disconnect the battery? Negative first, then positive, hold the two cables against one another for at least a minute. Then put the positive back on, then negative and try and reset the windows again.

#12 ·
This is an old thread but I have a fix for this problem. Its cheap and easy. If your driver side window works and the rest do not and all you hear is a clicking sound this will work for you. My sister in law has an 07 Accord and hers was doing this. The passenger windows were not getting power at the fuse on the inside of the car. What I did was took a speaker wire (small gauge) and jumped it from the driver side to the front passenger side. Now all windows work. Take the wire and strip about an inch and a half on both ends. Take 1 end and wrap it around a post on the driverside fuse, then take the other end of the wire and wrap it around a post on the front passenger side. BAM your windows will work again.

#13 ·
that's a great way to fry your electrical system, or start a fire down the road.....

#16 ·
This is not an isolated incident

My daughter's 07 Accord just started doing the exact same thing. No power windows except for driver's. Pressing any of the other window switches on the driver's door causes a "click" at the selected door... The window lock switch works as it should. press it down to turn it "on" (lock) and the clicks don't happen.

I've tried the weird 'reset' procedure and all it did was reset the radio presets and clock. It may have done other weird things, but I haven't noticed them so far.

There must be a solution to this problem... Somebody? Anybody?

#17 ·
#18 ·
I'm glad I found this thread using google. I have the exact same problem as everyone else. Going to order the switch this week and should have an answer for you all by next week when the part comes in. Thanks TK for posting that information.

FYI I've found that if you print out the part cost on a competitor website and take it down to the stealership they match the price, and you don't have to pay shipping.

This post has been deleted
#21 ·
My window switch arrived today. I installed it just like in the video and IT DID NOT WORK!!! I started swearing and throwing tools.

Then I realized the window lock was on. I turned it off and the windows worked fine. Good job everyone and thanks for the advice on the fix.
a very happy ending.

ez

#24 ·
sorry for the delayed response.

No the window lock wasn't the original culprit, I had just accidentally played a cruel trick on myself after I installed the new one. The new switch that you recommended fixed my problem. Works fine now, the old one is in the trash.

I got the part at the stealership for $125 out the door. I had successfully talked them down from 157 after showing them a $114 internet printout.