Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Broken Transmission Mount? See Pics...

30K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  ypsibird 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 Accord V6 6spd manual. We have vibrations in from the drivetrain under acceleration. I have done some searching on various forums and found that the drive axles could be the reason for the vibrations. Since the car has 82K miles, I thought I would just buy some new ones and replace. When I took the driver side wheel off to begin, I noticed my front lower transmission mount didn't look correct, as if the two rubber pieces had broken apart. I have been unable to find a good picture of a new one online to verify that mine is broken, and none of the auto shops in my area have them, so I was hoping someone could help me out before I ordered one!

From this link:

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/body_air_conditioning/b__4702~2004~honda~accord~2dr_ex_v6_navi~6mt~kl~engine~mounts.html

I am referring to part 15.

Here are the pics of mine, I am referring to the two rubber pieces that are not attached (should they be?):

See less See more
#2 ·
It's supposed to look like that. The upside down "L" shaped pieces are parts of the motion restrictor for that mount. It will bump into the more forward part on acceleration to prevent the trans from moving around too much.

If the large rubber block is ripped, on either of those mounts, they're bad.

#4 ·
I recently posted in a different thread about a noise that's been coming from my driver's side lower engine compartment/vs floor board. It occurs as a mild thud with acceleration when I let the clutch out. It usually only occurs if I drop the clutch a little quickly. I have a 2006 V6 6MT sedan. The clutch/transmission and engine are otherwise perfect. It was suggested that it might be a problem with a motor or transmission mount. I tried to call under my car to check it out, but it's just too tight and I don't have a jack.

After looking at the above picture, it almost looks like a thud might be expected occasionally as part of the design of the L-shaped pieces. Would that make sense?

Again, it doesn't always happen, but I've never noticed it before and I'm wondering if it'll get worse. If its the transmission mount, is this expensive to have replaced?

Many thanks.

#6 ·
Best way to test engine mounts is to use pry bar and carefully pry up on the mount from frame. noting as it raises does the rubber block stay attached fully to the mounting pads of mount .

A lot of time a mount looks ok but has separated from its frame .
That looks ok from pic .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.