Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

200,000 Mile mark

23K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  buster 
#1 ·
I bought a 2003 Accord V6 EX just about a year ago with 184,000. I'm just about to 200,000 now and I was wondering what should I be doing for preventative maintenance. I have all the car's maintenance records; it got a timing belt / water pump done at about 100,000.

So I have about $1,000 to work with; I'm thinking about doing the timing belt water pump kit again, I've also got all new EBC brake pads and two new EBC rotors for the front that I'm going to be installing soon. What else is important right now? Spark plugs? Tranny fluid? Suspension?

Also where is a good place to get the timing belt water pump kit?

What are you guys using for engine oil? Do I really need to use the Honda Genuine? Just to play it safe I've been using Honda Genuine in combination with the Lucas Oil Stabilizer. I also use the Lucas Upper Cylinder stuff with every fill-up.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
tranny fluid for sure, timing belt, water pump, seals in that area, spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap and rotor. possibly your power steering belt, a/c belt. fuel filter? check your air filter of course. brake pads just if they need to be replaced.

i bought all my parts for a major tune up from hondapartsunlimited

#5 ·
There are no plug wires, distributor, rotor or fuel filter on this car. There is an A/C (cabin) filter though incase the OP didn't know. I use Mobil 1 oil, and if it hasn't been done the brake fluid should also be flushed every 3 years.

#3 ·
You should have posted this in the 7th gen section. Hopefully they move it. But you shouldn't use the lucas upper cylinder lube every fill up, you should use it every oil change.

#6 ·
http://www.handa-accessories.com/accmaint03.html

Timing Belt Kit- V6 models only
Genuine Factory Honda Accord timing belt kit.
Includes the most common parts needed for a timing belt replacement.
Kit includes the following items: Timing Belt, Water Pump, Valve Cover Gasket Kit and applicable Drive Belt.

Fits Years 2003-2005
Retail $306.03
Discount Price $229.52

I ordered a bunch of stuff from them this morning before going to work. They shipped it out before lunch. Too bad they don't sell more parts.

#7 ·
Welcome to the club. I am at 206k with my I4, 5sp.

#10 ·
Are you still on your first (original) set of factory Iridium plugs, hombre?

tks, ez.......

#11 ·
ez just replace them and erase one thing from your list of worries man lol. I dont pretend to know your financial situation but it'll feel good for under 200$ and 70$ if you do it yourself :thmsup:

#12 ·
ez just replace them and erase one thing from your list of worries man lol. I dont pretend to know your financial situation but it'll feel good for under 200$ and 70$ if you do it yourself :thmsup:
Appreciate the guidance/advice. I take it you've replaced those plugs long before 154,000 miles...............

ez........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.