Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Splash Guard Worth it?

20K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  Tom 6-6 
#1 ·
I am thinking about purchasing a set of splash guard. they are about $ 80 shipped.

So i was wondering is it worth getting it for better paint protection?

It was raining hard in Cincinnati today, and i noticed a lot of splash in my car especially lower part of the vehicle, i closely looked at other vehicles with splash guard, but it was soaked with water but not with black road dirt not as much as my car got at least.

So is it really functionally advantageous as far as keeping the paint a little bit better? or is it just placebo affect that i am thinking it will be cleaner?

Any inputs are welcomed

#3 ·
I have the OEM splash gaurds on my 7th Gen coupe and I like them. Before I had them there was a definite splash up on the rear bumper in the form of a perfectly straight line of dirt, since the install I dont get that anymore. And I think they look good and give the illusion of moar low. ;)

#9 ·
I like the way it looks in black...glad mines can when i purchased it. Plus very functional...go for it

#12 ·
I might be the minority but I hate splash guards. To me, they take away from the look and make a car seem more like a grocery getter (I know accord is a grocery getter but you don't have to emphasize it). You really don't see high end cars with splash guards and there must be a good reason for it.

#14 ·
TSX Splash Guards can fit the sedan. Just need to drill out an extra hole. Only thing they have is that they come painted already and some paint codes are exact matches with the 8th gen.

Otherwise, I'd say save your money and buy the regular Accord ones and take some paint to it yourself. Especially if you're a coupe (Not sure if it fits the coupe or not, but it does fit the sedan properly after one mounting hole is drilled out).

#16 ·
Check out this link $11.92

#17 ·
the dealer i bought my 2011 accord exl v6 always have them on the cars, they wanted to charge $300 but i brought em down to $100 installed, amazon has em for $77. In the winters or after the rain they are very helpful. Your car will be cleaner than others without them.

#19 ·
#21 ·
i have these now on my car, im about to get HFP kit and will no longer be able to use them...so if anyone wants to get them for dirt cheap LMK

#24 ·
Ill let them go for 37$ shipped, buyer pays paypal fees

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.