Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Does the Accord disc player play DVDs containing mp3 files?

22K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  jkcheng122 
#1 ·
Anybody know if the Accord's disc player will play mp3 files off a DVD? I've seen that most modern CD players will play DVDs if they have mp3 music files on them. Does the Accord's "CD player" do this as well?

#2 ·
humm for some reason i don't think it would... didn't mention anything about DVDs in the manual or online that i've read...

here's what i did find

10-SPEAKER ACURA/ELS SURROUND® PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM WITH 6-CD/DVD-AUDIO CHANGER (2010 Acura RDX)

A key part of the RDX's available Technology Package is a 10-speaker Acura/ELS Surround® Premium Sound System with multi-format 6-disc DVD-Audio changer. The Acura/ELS Surround® Premium Sound System adds a new and dramatic dimension to the automotive audio experience. Engineered by multi-time Grammy® award-winning recording engineer/producer Elliot Scheiner, Panasonic and Acura, the 410-watt surround system reaches new levels of clarity and definition to provide a highly accurate listening experience. When playing DVD-Audio discs, the system provides 500-times improved clarity (versus traditional CD clarity) through a total of six discrete audio channels.

so i'm guessing if it did play DVD-Audio CD's they'd mention it...

#3 ·
if anyone has a DVD-RW....test it out please...

#4 ·
The Accord manual says it works with CDs. It says it doesn't work with "Video CDs and DVDs." This could mean that it doesn't work with "video DVDs" or DVD audio discs. But I've seen CD players that will play mp3 music loaded DVDs. Anyone out there with an accord willing to burn a DVD with some MP3 files and see if it will play in the accord?

#5 ·
That's a very long shot. I highly doubt it will work. I guess it couldn't hurt to try

#9 ·
thank francis for trying

#7 ·
i wish it played dvd-a, then we could fit roughly 28gb of music in a 6-disc changer.

#10 ·
#11 ·
Unfortunately no...I have a dozen or so rock concert dvd's & that's the 1st thing i tried when I got the car. Recently i purchased an irecord pro & have been converting all my old cassette tapes to mp3. Once i finish that project i'll see if i can separate the audio from the video on the dvd's.

#12 ·
That would be a DVD-Video disc so that's certainly not going to work. DVD data discs with 4.7GB capacity would have been nice though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.