129K views 37 replies 22 participants last post by  Miker 
#1 ·
This may help some of ya!!

Can someone please "sticky" this????

Attachments

#3 ·
Thank you!! :thmsup:

#4 ·
Stupid question here -- how do you get your honda to 'revel its codes'?

In my old car (dodge daytona), you turned the key on and off three times in a row and it would 'blink' the code to you. Not sure how do get this info from my accord.

Reactions: 661accord
#5 ·
Good question. I'm not sure but I think you have to jump the OBD connector with a paperclip. An OBD II scanner can be had on Amazon for $60-$75.

#6 ·
I believe the newer ones would need to be read by a "reader".... like the thing he got for his PDA & now he has it all in his laptop too. It plugs into the car & tells all.

The older ones you counted the flashes made by the light.

I put this on since many people have gone to a parts place & had codes pulled & had no idea what they mean.... I get PM's asking about it. So last night my prince found this & thought it would be helpful for y'all.

Reactions: ladyshandon
#7 ·
Well I think I was told by someone on here that even though its OBD II it still has the capability to run in OBD I mode. Maybe Prince could verify???

#8 ·
I'll ask, but a couple of weeks ago when he was doing his SMOG update classes, they had to use my car.... & it wouldn't speak to them!! The next night he took his own stuff. I think the problem may have been generic vs. Honda... He took the Pilot on another night & still took his stuff with him. From what I remember of the conversation (now you must realize that this is where my eyes glaze over! :D ) the other guys' car were too old to use the OBII stuff they had there. So it didn't sound backward compatible to me.

I ask later on. :yes:

#10 ·
Yes, even the OBD II cars, as in 7th gen, can be pulled up via the bypass or paper clip method. Don't ask me how to read them once it starts flashing!!! :lmao:

Reactions: danielposTRX
#12 ·
Oh HE knows & I CAN get them.... I just am not good at the short, long thing.... :paranoid: Once someone has the number...well, that's different. This something he deals with EVERYDAY! Not me.... He used to have them memorized...but not anymore....

#14 ·
There's lots of them out there.... we had auterra before & now we used autoenginuity. The spelling may be wrong. :dunno:

I'm sure you can find something to suit your needs.

#17 ·
Well, since we don't know what you have.... here's where it is on a L4 7th gen:

Attachments

#18 ·
and on a V6 7th gen:

Attachments

#22 ·
There's been instructions posted for the EGR clean out several times.

Not knowing the year, I' can't help.

#24 ·
I have an OBD2 interface (based on MAX232) which i used in Seat Ibiza. Could You give me a software name (PC) for Accord gen.8 (EUR) which supports this kind of interfaces and allows to erase service error, diagnostics, hid adjustment and other basic operations.
Are there any better homemade interfaces for gen.8? I'm looking for an USB interface.
Thanks in advice

#25 ·
Again this forum is 99.999% North American Accords, is there such classification as "gen.8 Accord" in Europe?

As well, with the sophistication, complexity, and costly nature of today's fuel control computers, it's best not to try any homemade interface, electronics can fry in an instant and you will not be happy with the repair/replacement cost.

Are there not Europe based Accord/TSX user-groups where you are more likely to find the information you are looking for?

And please don't take this as directing you away from this forum, it is still a good place, but simply may not have the info you are looking for. :wave:

#26 ·
Yes, there is a classification in europe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Accord). I've made a mistake, I have gen.7 known as Acura TSX gen.1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acura_TSX).
I think there is no differences in interface protocol between US and EUR/JAP versions.
I know consequences of inappropriate use of electronic devices. But I studied electronics so I know how to lower the risk to minimum. And I want to underline that i don't want to do modifications, just erasing service errors etc. I did action like this in Seat Ibiza with no problems.
I didn't find any European forums dedicated for accord gen.7 users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.