2013 Accord vs 2014 Mazda 6 - Page 18 - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 9th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 02:44 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwxjer View Post
Agree on the Si, but disagree on the Accord. It's pretty conservative.
Maybe he meant the coupe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 03:26 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by internalaudit View Post
Maybe he meant the coupe?

Ah, fair enough. I don't like the coupe either lol
Old 05-23-2013, 04:30 AM
5th Gear

No, I meant the Accord Sport Sedan, didnt even think about the coupe, but thanks for pointing that out.

I just find it funny that someone would label the Mazda 6 "Boy Racer". Although I guess the 6 Diesel could be considered that since its now being used in "Boy Racer" events and winning
Old 05-23-2013, 07:56 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordinSoCal View Post
No, I meant the Accord Sport Sedan, didnt even think about the coupe, but thanks for pointing that out.

I just find it funny that someone would label the Mazda 6 "Boy Racer". Although I guess the 6 Diesel could be considered that since its now being used in "Boy Racer" events and winning

Because to me the exterior is too aggressive. The accord sedan is pretty conservative, and doesn't really scream 'look at me, I'm born from a race car' like the 6 did. But hey, to each their own. I still think the 6 is a nice car, but not for me. I passed it up.

I bought a sport because it was a couple hundred more than the lx at the dealership I went to. Michelins vs firestones, better interior and the sport was available in manual transmission without having to wait for them to source an lx manual. The dual exhaust is kind of misleading, but it makes the backed symmetrical which plays in to my OCD tendencies lol
Old 05-23-2013, 08:58 AM
3rd Gear

Michelin or Firestone?

Did the LX and sport come with different tires? My LX has conti's on it.

I'm learning more and more about this car everyday lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-23-2013, 09:29 AM
2nd Gear

"Did the LX and sport come with different tires? My LX has conti's on it."
My Sport came with Michelin
Old 05-23-2013, 10:18 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipster23 View Post
Michelin or Firestone?

Did the LX and sport come with different tires? My LX has conti's on it.

I'm learning more and more about this car everyday lol

The lx models at my local dealership had Firestone, while my sport had michelins. The main deal breaker was the 6sp.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:22 AM
1st Gear

I thought the new Mazda6 was the best looking sedan of the non-luxury mid-size sedans for a period of a few months. However, the more I got familiar with it, the more I could just not forgive the downright ugly front/grille of the car.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:54 AM
1st Gear

Now that the manual Mazda6 Touring is finally hitting US showrooms, I'm getting close to choosing the 6 vs. the Accord Sport. Both are fine cars mechanically, and I agree with the general sense of this forum that the Accord Sport is more conservatively styled.

I MUST have a manual transmission. Both have an excellent one.

Neither comes with an option for a moonroof or leather seats -- both of which came standard on my 2002 Accord EX. This is a pity. The higher end models of both manufacturers aren't available with MT, and both come larded with electronic crap that blocks forward visibility out the windscreen (touted as "safety features" -- for whom? texters?). The top of windshield is lower on the Accord which lowers visibility for tall drivers -- this is compounded by a thick sunvisor that blocks another half-inch of the view out while in stowed position.

The Accord Sport is available in only black or gray, with only a black interior. The Mazda is available in 6 colors and two interior choices. There are more Honda dealers and they seem more eager to compete. The Mazda is showing some price softness with discounts as much as $2,500 on the Touring right now.

Decisions!
Old 05-24-2013, 01:03 PM
3rd Gear

I had my heart set on the 2014 Mazda Six until I went to the dealer and saw it in person and actually drove it. Had no interest in the Honda whatsoever, but I had had one many years ago and all the auto mags said you had to check out the 2013 Accord so I almost felt obligated to check it out. I was blown away by it no comparison between it and the Mazda for me. I bought an Accord a week later. Neither wife nor I gave the Mazda a second thought after seeing the Accord in person and again I did not even want an Accord or Honda for that matter til them. I wanted the Mazda but was totally unimpressed with just about every aspect of it.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:41 PM
3rd Gear

If u lived in sac I could get you a fat deal on an accord. Reliability Honda hands down!!

Old 05-24-2013, 02:49 PM
4th Gear

Gosh, you guys make me go to Mazda dealer and testdrive the 6. So tempted to see how better/worse the 6 drives.
  • Morimoto Elite 5000k Headlights
  • Deck Lid Spoiler
  • TL Shift Knob
  • Tint (50% - Front/5% - Back)
  • LED Interior Lights
  • Five Star Shine
  • Yellow 2500k Fog Lights
  • TL SH-AWD Rear Sway Bar (20mm)
  • V6 Front Sway Bar

Future Projects:
Old 05-24-2013, 05:35 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chada View Post
I had my heart set on the 2014 Mazda Six until I went to the dealer and saw it in person and actually drove it. Had no interest in the Honda whatsoever, but I had had one many years ago and all the auto mags said you had to check out the 2013 Accord so I almost felt obligated to check it out. I was blown away by it no comparison between it and the Mazda for me. I bought an Accord a week later. Neither wife nor I gave the Mazda a second thought after seeing the Accord in person and again I did not even want an Accord or Honda for that matter til them. I wanted the Mazda but was totally unimpressed with just about every aspect of it.
I did the same thing. Drove a 6 Touring. It felt like it had no power, the infotainment system was a joke, and the driver seat hurt my back at shoulder level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipster23 View Post
Reliability Honda hands down!
Agree somewhat but I had a really good experience with my 2006 6 (102k, no issues). I'll see how the Accord holds up, because I wasn't too impressed with my 2010 TSX.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:39 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatinSilver View Post
That's why I don't pick them up on the first date. Have them meet me some place first.
yeah i went on an online date once...girl only had her face picture up...turned out she was way chubby . I didnt want to be an ass so i didnt ditch her...
Old 06-10-2013, 02:31 PM
My First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Fwy View Post
The Accord Sport is available in only black or gray, with only a black interior. The Mazda is available in 6 colors and two interior choices.
When I looked into availability of the MT Touring a couple of weeks ago, it was awfully thin. Am thinking the color availability is likely more hypothetical than real at this point. That was one factor that tipped the balance to the Accord for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.