Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

How about just the front lip?

6K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  Nimoxp 
#1 ·
Well I finally have some money to add stuff to my car. I was just going to get hondas fog lights but those front lip bumpers look pretty nifty. My question is, Will the car look okay with just the front lip and no side and rear?Or will it look strange with just the front part.(Im worried that with just the front bumper added, it may look too uneven.) I dont think I want the rear part cause I only have one exhaust and I think it looks a bit off with that gap for the extra exhaust thats not there.

#2 ·
I definitely think you can pull off just the front lip. It's the only one you can get away with by itself. Imagine installing just side skirts or just a rear valence, not good.

#3 ·
I dont think it would be that big of a deal to install just the front lip. I mean even honda only did a front lip for the sedans and it looks nice.

#6 ·
senortito said:
Hey ypsibird, you have a front or front or front angled view pic of your coupe? it's the same color as mine, so it'd be REALLY nice to have a look at the how' it'd look.
Here's a link to a front shot. Most of my front 3/4 shots came out kind of awkward. I just didn't get a good angle/perspective sitting in my drive. I'll look again to see if I have an angle shot that does it justice.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?p=136570#post136570

#8 ·
senortito said:
Hey ypsibird, you have a front or front or front angled view pic of your coupe? it's the same color as mine, so it'd be REALLY nice to have a look at the how' it'd look.
Here's my best angle view. I don't think my photography skills do it justice with this angle. Here's also a link to a rear/angle view, even though it doesn't really show the front much.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?p=123338#post123338

Attachments

#9 ·
ypsibird said:
Here's my best angle view. I don't think my photography skills do it justice with this angle. Here's also a link to a rear/angle view, even though it doesn't really show the front much.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?p=123338#post123338
Looking at this picture i'm wondering how my licenece plate will fit on there. Hope it doesnt screw up the look to much. Do you not have yours on your front lip?

#10 ·
Nimoxp said:
Looking at this picture i'm wondering how my licenece plate will fit on there. Hope it doesnt screw up the look to much. Do you not have yours on your front lip?
Sorry, a front plate isn't required in Michigan. Maybe someone in a state where they are required can give you some input.

#12 ·
Here's with the plate.

#13 · (Edited)
Thanks for the pics. Definitely nice to see how it'll fit on my car, and here i thought the fog lights were what i wanted to put on my car first....decisions, decisions. i definitely like the look of the lip in the front and it still looks real nice with the plate on, (i live in VA) so it applies. thanks again.

#14 ·
This is what Im worried about if i get the rear lip spoiler. I found this photo of this car that belongs to someone on the forum and that gap for the extra exhaust seems a bit to big...you think?? I called the dealer and they said they have one specifally for the 4-cyl that he can order without the gap, but i I really dont know if he knows what hes talking about. Would anyone happen to know if there is infact one for the 4-cyl with out that extra exhaust hole?

#15 ·
just adding a front lip looks fine. Adding mudguards along with a frontlip kind of helps it blend in a little more too if you don't want to do the rear lip. The 06+'s are a little different so it will be a little more noticeable to have just the front lip, though still just fine. Either way, the long trim pieces along the doors kind of add to the look of the 06+ lips since they go up around the fogs and almost line up with the trim.

#16 ·
chanke4252 said:
just adding a front lip looks fine. Adding mudguards along with a frontlip kind of helps it blend in a little more too if you don't want to do the rear lip. The 06+'s are a little different so it will be a little more noticeable to have just the front lip, though still just fine. Either way, the long trim pieces along the doors kind of add to the look of the 06+ lips since they go up around the fogs and almost line up with the trim.
Yeah I was planning on getting the mud flaps as well. :thmsup: I do want the rear lip as well, but take a look at the photo of the car above your post. Its that extra exhaust gap that I dont think I can deal with.

#17 ·
I think having just the front lip adds a nice touch and is not unbalanced at all. :thmsup: On the contrary, adding all the other skirts and crap all the rest of the way around the car swings it too close to ricer for my comfort. That's not a 100% rule and depends on the brand/look of those skirts, but that's my general opinion.

I plan to add a front lip to my car. Someday....

#19 ·
What lip are you looking at? Honda or aftermarket?

#20 ·
That front lip looks pretty good. I always thought the front end of the '06 sedan seemed incomplete; Something like this would definitely take care of it. :thmsup:

#21 ·
AccordEd said:
What lip are you looking at? Honda or aftermarket?
Im getting Hondas lip. So I ordered the parts today and they should be on my car by friday. I ordered the front lip, fog lights and mud flaps. I wanted to get the spoiler and sunroof visor but that well have to wait tell next time when I have more money. Ill post the photos next saterday.

#22 ·
Nimoxp said:
Yeah I was planning on getting the mud flaps as well. :thmsup: I do want the rear lip as well, but take a look at the photo of the car above your post. Its that extra exhaust gap that I dont think I can deal with.
That's true. I tend to forget about that issue since I have a V6. I've never heard of a rear lip for the 4-cylinder versions, though it could always exist and nobody knows about it (but probably not).

#23 ·
Okay I got the front lip, fog lights, and mud guards put on. Im really pleased. It really finshes the look of the front I think. Still cell phone pictures so not the greatest quality. Thoughts?

Before

After

#26 ·
namegoeshere said:
Would like to add one to my car as well, but I can't seem to find any for an '06 sedan. All I see are front lips for '03-'05 Accord sedans or '06+ Accord coupes. What gives? Or am I blind?
They don't make any lips for '06 sedans, so no, you're not blind :D. You can, however, modify an 05 lip to fit on yours. That's what I plan to do after I save up like $350.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.