03 2.4 auto Accord EX thermostat replacement - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 7th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 10:43 PM
My First Post

03 2.4 auto Accord EX thermostat replacement

Hi -I'm new to the forum-

I just ordered a new OEM thermostat for my 03 Accord 2.4l EX 4dr; my gas mileage is averaging about 24 mpg highway - replaced both oxygen sensors- (DENSO)- I have 106,000 miles and my temp reading after 1/2 hour drive is 1/4 less than the middle temperature reading - lower hose is cold - i am assuming I have a open thermostat-any instructions on how to bleed the system once the thermostat is replaced and can I get any old radiator fluid (Prestone) from Advance Auto Parts? or what kind does Honda Use. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Tee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2011, 04:31 PM
3rd Gear

haven't changed coolant or a thermostat on my accord yet. But, USE HONDA COOLANT!!!!!!! the "one coolant works on any car" thing is totally bogus. Use parts store coolant and you will probably be going back for a waterpump in the near future.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:45 PM
my wheels do work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordslacker View Post
haven't changed coolant or a thermostat on my accord yet. But, USE HONDA COOLANT!!!!!!! the "one coolant works on any car" thing is totally bogus. Use parts store coolant and you will probably be going back for a waterpump in the near future.
UHm, this may be the poorest advice ever. I've run Prestone green 50/50 in my motor which is built, andnever had an issue with it. Just make sure you change your coolant regularly.

"Modifying a car becomes an addiction when the cost of the modifications is greater than the cost of the car new" - apparently, I have a major addiction :X
Old 02-17-2011, 11:09 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05AV6 View Post
UHm, this may be the poorest advice ever. I've run Prestone green 50/50 in my motor which is built, andnever had an issue with it. Just make sure you change your coolant regularly.
This may be the poorest advice ever.

Just because your has not crapped out yet does not mean you should use Prestone.

Use Honda coolant or Zerex Asian Vehicle coolant.

Enkei RP03 SBC 17X8 48MM offset
General Exclaim 225/50 R 17
Neuspeed Upper Strut Tie-Bar
TL Rear Sway Bar
Suntek Tint 20% F 5% Rear
Magnefine ATF
Pennzoil Platinum 5w-20 10k OCI
Motul 5.1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.