Driver's Side Window Fell Inside The Door - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 6th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 04:48 AM
1st Gear

Unhappy Driver's Side Window Fell Inside The Door

Hi,

Has anyone encountered this problem? I close the door and the entire window just fell inside the door. Can someone please help me fix this?

I've tried searching, but came upon mainly stuck windows.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Out of Control

It sounds like the window regulator has failed.

Is there still power going to the motor when you press up/down on the switch? If so, then it's definitely the regulator. It's becoming a more common issue as our cars age. I replaced my passenger's regulator about 6 months ago.

it's about $80 - $150 part depending on where you get it from.
2000 2dr. v6 Accord | Limo Tint | Black housing Crystal Headlights | Greddy MX Exhaust | Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | R1 Concept slotted/ventilated rotors - Front | Eibach Pro Springs | KYB-GR2 Shocks | Eibach Sway Bars | DC Strut Bar | 6000k HIDs | Pioneer DEH-P6000UB | Pioneer mid speakers | Matt Tweeters | Kenwood 4ch. 800w Amp | 2x 10" Sony Xplod 800w subs | Sony 1200w Class D Amp
Old 07-08-2011, 09:37 AM
1st Gear

Yes, although it sounds pretty weak. Although I don't know what a regulator looks like or anything, perhaps I should also replace the motor? How much would the motor be? Do you think it would be a good idea to do it?

Do you happen to know if there's a "how-to" on doing this fix? I tried searching on here as well as Google, but came up empty handed.

Thanks!!
Old 07-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Out of Control

If the regulator is not mounted on the motor like it should be, the motor will sound weak. The motor will be between $100 - $120 depending on where you get it from.

The "how to" or "DIY" I was going to make but never did since I didn't take any pictures of it. Basically, you have to pop out the plastic piece where the mirror is at. It's on the inside of the car. It has no screws so you pop it out with a flat head screw driver to give you additional leverage. Then, you remove the two screws: one is behind a small circular cover behind the door handle, the other is inside the cup area of the arm rest. From there, you can just pop out the entire door panel using a flat head screw driver. The door panel will then come out and you will need to remove the light bulb socket from the door (you'll know what I'm talking about when you see it), and then you will need to remove the door handle from the panel by sliding the panel around the handle. Peel off the plastic/vinyl cover and then you have access to the access port. there are a total of 6 10mm bolts which removes the motor and regulator together and it all comes out.

For more details, search "replacing window regulator" on google. Some youtube videos came up for that too.
2000 2dr. v6 Accord | Limo Tint | Black housing Crystal Headlights | Greddy MX Exhaust | Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | R1 Concept slotted/ventilated rotors - Front | Eibach Pro Springs | KYB-GR2 Shocks | Eibach Sway Bars | DC Strut Bar | 6000k HIDs | Pioneer DEH-P6000UB | Pioneer mid speakers | Matt Tweeters | Kenwood 4ch. 800w Amp | 2x 10" Sony Xplod 800w subs | Sony 1200w Class D Amp
Old 07-08-2011, 10:21 AM
1st Gear

Thank you very much!!

Can you recommend a reliable vendor that sells the regulator on the cheaper side of the price range?
Old 07-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Out of Control

Autozone, lol. That's where I got my passenger replacement regulator from.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:27 AM
1st Gear

Hahaha! Awesome!

I feel much more confident tackling this now with your help!

Thank you very much!!
Old 07-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Out of Control

No worries.

Oh, I forgot to tell you there are two more bolts where the window sits on the window regulator that secures the window to the window regulator. I believe those are also 10mm bolts. they might be 12mm but i forget.

Anyways, I just remembered about those two bolts and I wanted to let you know about it.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:14 AM
1st Gear

Thanks! I was able to fix it and it was pretty straight forward. Took me a while though because I was verifying and rechecking to make sure I did it correctly (and had to wait for the part to come in to Autozone).

In case anyone else encounters this issue and needs help, I've also used
for reference.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Out of Control

Yea, that's pretty much it. Some minor differences between the 5th gen and our 6th gen but it was pretty much the same process.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:07 AM
1st Gear

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the window regulator must be bought (at least from Autozone) with the motor, but it still costs less than $80.

Putting the glass back in was a pain.. :P
Old 07-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Out of Control

Really? I bought mine w/o the motor and it cost me $80.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:10 PM
1st Gear

Yeah, I asked them if I can just buy the regulator and the guy said that it comes as a "set".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.