Need help asap please - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 8th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoldman48 View Post
So here in a little ill be going to the auto part store to see if i can pull I code i won't be driving the car if i can't pull a code it sounds like my problem is from debris being in the engine what would you guys do to clean it ???
Change the oil and filter asap. If the plastic went thru the engine I'd bet the oil filter is pretty plugged up right now. Actually I wouldn't drive it again until the oil and filter change is done. Then probably do another one in short order after this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 06:46 AM
1st Gear

If the plastic is small enough you could be looking at particles thru-out the hole intake system.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:01 AM
1st Gear

So do you guys think its the debris that is doing it and to get my car back to normal do a oil change and new oil filter
Old 04-30-2012, 07:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to DOOM
The potential outcomes here would lead me to bring the car in for service at the dealer or a competent mechanic. You have a late model car that could potentially become ruined if you are sent down a lengthy diagnostic path of trial and error.

Try to upload some pictures so we can get a better understanding of what's going on; but before you start ordering intakes I'd seriously arrange a service appointment.

Going forward, remember that you are essentially driving a computer. A drill really has no business coming in contact with your car.
Summer: 20" Vossen CV3/Nitto 555 | Winter: 19" Genesis Track/General GMax | BC Coilovers/SPC Arms | Mugen/Modulo Kit | Sarona Roof Spoiler | Quad Morimoto/xBa2 Halo/WIFI RGB Demon Eyes Retrofit | Fog Light Retrofit | Inspire OEM Mirrors/Garnish | Eagle Eyes Trunk/Tails | Full LED Exterior/Interior | UltraGauge | Takeda SRI | JET MAF | Magnaflow/Vibrant | SprintBooster | UR/Progress Bars | EBC Brakes | Duralast Gold | Next: RV6 J-Pipe
Old 04-30-2012, 06:19 PM
3rd Gear

takeda!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:33 PM
5th Gear

The outcome for the OP may be pretty bad. We are talking about pieces of plastic pulled into combustion chamber and possibly thrown onto catalytic converter. He may end up opening his engine and exhaust.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
The holes are just drilled on top of the air box not on the tube is there a proper way to clean the maf sensor or just with a clean rag???
If the holes are drilled in the section of the airbox between the incoming air and the filter then you should be fine unless your genius friend also drilled through the air filter elements, then the debries would have been ingested into the intake and combustion chamber, if that is the case then you may want to pull the spark plugs to see if the electrodes are coated with something, throw a new set of plugs on at this point since it certainly can't hurt.

I still don't see how drilling a few holes on top of the air box could cause the problems you are describing unless your genius friend drilled into some other emission related components......
2007 Acura TL-S front/rear sway bars,
Clutch slave cylinder restrictor valve delete.

Acura TL 5-spoke rims 245/45-17 Bridgestone Pole Position RE970
Honda steel rims 225/55-16 Michelin Alpin PA2

DriveAccord.Net Forum Rules & Regs
DriveAccord.net Classified Rules
Old 04-30-2012, 07:35 PM
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to BlitzMob
Sounds like you're about to learn an expensive lesson in common sense. Speed holes!
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2012, 07:31 AM

Exclamation Proof

Quote:
The holes are just drilled on top of the air box not on the tube is there a proper way to clean the maf sensor or just with a clean rag???
Please take a picture of the holes in the airbox with a piece of paper including the date and your username otherwise I think this thread is just a hoax.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:01 AM
1st Gear

have you even pulled the air filter out and checked it? If they drilled before the filter(hopefully they did) then your air filter is probably clogged up with plastic pieces. which would cause the problem you're having with acceleration. The car can't pull in air, so it dies.
I have seen it a bunch of times with customers that never change their air filters.

&

91 civic EF hatchback With DOHC ZC swap & to many mods to list
Old 05-01-2012, 11:57 AM
'14 MSM Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatinSilver View Post
Please take a picture of the holes in the airbox with a piece of paper including the date and your username otherwise I think this thread is just a hoax.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:25 PM
1st Gear

If your friend drilled holes post MAF, your engine is now ****ing in unmetered air. If thats the case, the ECU will limp the car during throttle. We need pictures.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:24 PM
3rd Gear

If I understand correctly.... he acutally drilled holes on the top of the stock airbox... probably your engine did ingest plastic for sure... but you propably have some caught up on the MAF.... disconnect the MAF remove de two screws and used a special MAF sensor cleaner...( it kinda look like brake cleaner but it's espicially designed for MAF....) Be careful, it's an EXTREMELY fragile sensor when out of the tube..... The MAf in our cars actually incorporates a lot of sensors... and measures how much air goes thru.. but always barometric pressure.. IAT and other stuff relating to gaz and air mixture... Good luck!!

Makes me think one day... i told someone Vtec actually worked when in reverse.... the guy actually tried it in a parking lot... lost control totalled the car( which was borrowed from another friend) and got in a crash with two parked cars in the parking lot...... U know.. some friends... you have to actually TELL THEM not to try stupid stuff!!:P Actually be serious... how many beers did u guys have before thinking it would be a good idea to start drilling hole in a stock intake for a ghetto style ram air intake??:P
Magnaflow resonated Cat-Back
Old 05-01-2012, 06:58 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatinSilver View Post
Change the oil and filter asap. If the plastic went thru the engine I'd bet the oil filter is pretty plugged up right now. Actually I wouldn't drive it again until the oil and filter change is done. Then probably do another one in short order after this one.
Think a second about how a engine works and how the plastic would enter the oil from the air intake. It wouldn't But in for pics.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdseven95 View Post
Think a second about how a engine works and how the plastic would enter the oil from the air intake. It wouldn't But in for pics.
The same way a high Si reading results from not changing the air filter when performing a UOA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.