Just Bought a 1998 Accord - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 6th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums
View Poll Results: Color For Rims?
Red 2 18.18%
White 5 45.45%
Black 8 72.73%
Green 1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 04:28 PM
1st Gear

Just Bought a 1998 Accord

I had a Jeep Wrangler, but sold it because I was dropping too much cheddar on gas. I did a lot of research & was originally looking for a 7th gen. Civic, but I kept coming across Accords & thought they looked rad. It seemed to be a good, reliable whip that was reasonably priced & not hard to look at. I purchased a 1998 Accord EX coupe with a 5 speed (I call it the Batmobile) to avoid the notorious auto tranny failure. It's completely stock to the bone, but I'll be painting the car satin black this weekend (haven't decided what color to paint the rims yet) and I threw a mesh grill on. It's a 2.4, so obviously it would be idiotic to attempt to make the car look fast or perform like a street car, although, I was wondering what would be a few reasonably-priced parts that could boost the performance a little? Again, I don't expect it to make the Batmobile fast, just a little bit of a performance boost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 06:23 PM
dont deviate

Welcome. It's a 2.3L engine. No option for just silver wheels?
Old 04-30-2012, 06:42 PM
4th Gear

Send a message via Skype™ to MusicMan374
Get an aftermarket cold air or short ram intake, it makes the engine a little more responsive, while also giving a cooler sound. Not like putting a new exhaust on, it just sounds a little more aggressive, not ricey or fart can at all. From outside the car you probably wouldn't notice the sound as much as from inside the car, but you'll definitely notice improved throttle response. Personally, I think the factory spoiler looks pretty nice as well. If you're going to paint the car anyway, you could probably buy one unpainted somewhere and then paint it the color you're painting the car. The factory spoiler really does give the rear end a more sporty look, especially with the coupe. Plus, I believe the center brake light on the spoiler is an LED strip, which looks better than the standard one behind the back window. Window tint always makes it look nicer as well, especially with satin black. It'll also protect your interior over the years. Beyond that, I personally wouldn't do anything else, but some might choose to put a new cat-back on to get an even more aggressive sound, some even modify the suspension to ride sportier, but personally I think the stock suspension has a good balance of sport and comfort, so I wouldn't replace them until they are on their way out.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:25 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by htekken View Post
Welcome. It's a 2.3L engine. No option for just silver wheels?
Naa, they're stock silver wheels already. I figured painting them would give it a little more swag .
Old 04-30-2012, 09:31 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicMan374 View Post
Get an aftermarket cold air or short ram intake, it makes the engine a little more responsive, while also giving a cooler sound. Not like putting a new exhaust on, it just sounds a little more aggressive, not ricey or fart can at all. From outside the car you probably wouldn't notice the sound as much as from inside the car, but you'll definitely notice improved throttle response. Personally, I think the factory spoiler looks pretty nice as well. If you're going to paint the car anyway, you could probably buy one unpainted somewhere and then paint it the color you're painting the car. The factory spoiler really does give the rear end a more sporty look, especially with the coupe. Plus, I believe the center brake light on the spoiler is an LED strip, which looks better than the standard one behind the back window. Window tint always makes it look nicer as well, especially with satin black. It'll also protect your interior over the years. Beyond that, I personally wouldn't do anything else, but some might choose to put a new cat-back on to get an even more aggressive sound, some even modify the suspension to ride sportier, but personally I think the stock suspension has a good balance of sport and comfort, so I wouldn't replace them until they are on their way out.
Yooo, good looks dude! I don't know why I didn't think of that. I'd probably just throw a short ram on there. It's a gnarly way to improve the performance without looking or sounding ridiculous. I'm not much for spoilers, I was actually planning on putting a Yakima rack on the top. I think the satin black will look sick if I thoroughly prep. the Batmobile before I put on the first coat. Completely agree about the suspension. I test drove it in a neighborhood with speedbumps and noticed it immediately. What color are you thinking for rims?
Old 05-01-2012, 10:00 AM
4th Gear

Send a message via Skype™ to MusicMan374
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00smith View Post
Yooo, good looks dude! I don't know why I didn't think of that. I'd probably just throw a short ram on there. It's a gnarly way to improve the performance without looking or sounding ridiculous. I'm not much for spoilers, I was actually planning on putting a Yakima rack on the top. I think the satin black will look sick if I thoroughly prep. the Batmobile before I put on the first coat. Completely agree about the suspension. I test drove it in a neighborhood with speedbumps and noticed it immediately. What color are you thinking for rims?
I say black, that or white, I'm not too big on colored wheels. I think black would look pretty cool with the new paint.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Aspiring Tuner

black on black of course..what other option is there? lol

98 LX

ENGINE MODS
-Spectre CAI
-Flowmaster 40 Series
-NGK G-Power Plugs
-4-2-1 Header
-CherryBomb GlassPack Resonator

COSMETIC MODS
-Double 5% Tint
-Twin Halo Projectors
-Bright White LED Turn Signals
-DDM Tuning 6000k 35w

SUSPENSION MODS
-Megan Strut Bar

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
1998, accord, batmobile, coupe, performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.