First Wet Paint! tryout! - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > The Honda Accord Lab > Maintenance & Detailing

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Running NYC

First Wet Paint! tryout!

Will get better pics in the morning when the sun is shining this is right after i was finished all manual labor terry towels that were pre-washed and machine dried. This stuff is...magical. thanks to I believe RTexasF for his info on this product.

Demon eye projector mod
JDM Badges Front/Back
Acura TL-SHAWD IM cover
Debadged Trunk
28% tint all around
Switchblade Key
Takeda SRI/Magnaflow Cat-Back
Megan racing test pipe
EBC Green Stuff brakes
Powerstop drilled/slotted rotors
Led signal upgrades
18" Enkei RS7 +35front +25 rear
Adaptec 20mm custom spacers on rear
Tein Basis coils 2" drop
19MM Acura TL rear sway bar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 09:57 PM
MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy View Post
Will get better pics in the morning when the sun is shining this is right after i was finished all manual labor terry towels that were pre-washed and machine dried. This stuff is...magical. thanks to I believe RTexasF for his info on this product.

what exactly is this product? Polish? Compound? Wax? Sealer? Looks,good, but just a bit confused...
25mm Rear Spacers
20mm Front Spacers
Megan Cambers/trac bars
JDM Red H badge
DDM raptor 35w 6000k HIDs
OEM fogs w/8000k HIDs
20% 3M HP tint
Type R red engine covers
Gutter guard lower grille
120SMD switchback led parking lights
Piaa 9005s
cree reverse leds
led interior
Trunk weight removal mod
Intake Resonator removed
DRLs removed
Debadged trunk
Old 04-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Running NYC

I think their site says it has 53 ingredients?

hope I'm not braking any rules but

"1) Just exactly what is WET PAINT Automotive Polishing Glaze?

Actually, it may be easier to explain the reverse. First of all, Wet Paint is NOT a wax because it contains no waxes. Neither is it solely a polish; it is capable of performing far too many miracles to fit neatly into that category. And finally, it bares little resemblance to expensive paint sealants, as you’ll see in the following paragraph. Before we zero in on a precise definition of Wet Paint, however, let’s take a brief look at other car care products in general.

Of the three product classifications just mentioned, waxes do a great job of ‘protecting’ a vehicle’s finish, but have limited abilities when it comes to revitalizing neglected paint. Polishes are great at removing minor stains and blemishes, and are much more capable of rejuvenating dull paint than waxes; but they can be overly abrasive in the long haul, and leave very little behind in the way of long-term protection. And then there are paint sealants, which offer a great shine and long-lasting protection but are totally incapable of cleaning or polishing. A car’s finish must be in pristine condition before they can even be applied. It helps, too, to carry a platinum credit card with you when considering this type of product.

Wet Paint–on the other hand–cleans, shines and protects all in one step, thus combining the best attributes of waxes, polishes and paint sealants without any of the drawbacks." Source: WetPaintGlaze.com
Demon eye projector mod
JDM Badges Front/Back
Acura TL-SHAWD IM cover
Debadged Trunk
28% tint all around
Switchblade Key
Takeda SRI/Magnaflow Cat-Back
Megan racing test pipe
EBC Green Stuff brakes
Powerstop drilled/slotted rotors
Led signal upgrades
18" Enkei RS7 +35front +25 rear
Adaptec 20mm custom spacers on rear
Tein Basis coils 2" drop
19MM Acura TL rear sway bar
Old 04-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Retired from Car Biz....

the only rule you're breaking is this should be in the detailing section

mods- please move...
Old 05-01-2012, 06:35 AM
2012 Crosstour

I've been using Wet Paint for some time. It beats all the other waxes. Then again, Wet Paint is not a wax, but more a sealer. It is easy to apply (terry towel) and lasts much longer than wax. It can be applied to a slightly dusty car without scratching. $25 worth of product that includes a pump up spray applicator will last probably 100 or more applications. On my Cars, that see harsh treatment, the applications last more than a year. You can also apply this to the glass, mirrors, etc. Basically you wash your car, dry it, spray on Wet Paint, then pretty much wipe it off. Tough elbow grease is not necessary nor do you need a polisher. The shine will be mirror quality. To keep the mirror quality, use a Callifornia duster or similar.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:48 AM
4 door Coupe

my previous accord was 08 WDP, and it was hard to get a good shine from waxing on a white car that was noticeable. i have CBP now, and used collinite recently, and the minute i put it on i knew i was gonna be happy. the end result made the car look wet.. now, if this stuff is anything like collinite, i might give it a try. after i run out of collinite lol
Old 05-01-2012, 11:40 AM
1st Gear

I can agree this product is amazing.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Generation 9

Wet Paint Glaze

Did mine a few days ago before the daily rain. But this stuff is still fantastic. Your car is gonna love you for it...The treatment keeps it really sharp. Wet Paint is the best and real easy to work with..
Attached Images

LEDS - Interior, Doors, Maps, Dome, Trunk
Blue LEDS Center Console, Footwells Illuminated

Future Projects
Tints, the Legal NY laws
Door Sills

Products, Lexol,
WET PAINT
Old 05-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Old Bird...sometimes wise

Quote:
i have CBP now, and used collinite recently, and the minute i put it on i knew i was gonna be happy. the end result made the car look wet.. now, if this stuff is anything like collinite, i might give it a try. after i run out of collinite lol
Other than the wet look they are nothing alike. Collinite is more of a hybrid, it contains carnauba but has the durability of a long term sealant. No cleaners just a long lasting (and excellent) product to use after the wash, dry, compound, polish regimen.

Wet Paint cleans, polishes, and protects all in one shot. Durability is good but isn't comparable to any of the Collinite waxes. You only need wash the car if it's muddy/really dirty. It is ideal for folks that want their cars to look like they've spent all day on it but in reality it only took a couple of hours or less. A combo pack will do an Accord sized sedan 12-15 times. That's paint, exterior glass, and wheels.

Quote:
This stuff is...magical. thanks to I believe RTexasF for his info on this product.
Yes sir that was me in 2005 that wrote the now sticky "I may have found the hidden jewel" about Wet Paint. You are more than welcome. I can't begin to guess how many have used it from that 77 page sticky. I know a few in the UK ordered cases of it. I've bought it by the case since that first combo pack I purchased in 2004.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:20 AM
3rd Gear

RTexasF, you posted 6 years ago in the mega hidden jewel thread that you don't wax anymore after using Wet Paint. Forgive me for not going through all the subsequent pages, but do you still not wax after using Wet Paint?

How about you other Wet Paint users - do you still wax?

I meant to order Ultima Paint Guard Plus after reading glen's holy grail thread but didn't get around to it. Now I find out about Wet Paint and am not sure what to get.
HFP Suspension, Auto Day/Night Mirror, Viper 5901, Philips H9 Lows, Zexen's Taillight Mod, 40%/30% Llumar Ceramic Tint, VentureShield Clear Bra, Plasti-dipped Grille, No DRLs, 8G Tails, Gloss Black OEM Exhaust Tips
Old 05-06-2012, 06:37 AM
Old Bird...sometimes wise

No, I don't use wax at all. I also have Ultima Paint Guard Plus along with hundreds of other products.

Again, two entirely different things here. UPGP is a pure sealant that you apply and walk away, no buffing at all. It works wonderfully providing the surface beneath it is as close to perfect as you can get it. That means wash, clay, machine compound (if needed) and machine polish. Then the surface must be cleaned with a paint cleaner to promote adhesion of the UPGP. All this is necessary if you want to do it right. Having shiny marring, spider webbing, and swirls is rather pointless.

WP is explained two posts above so I won't bother. It contains some fillers in addition so it hides surface marring (not if it's severe). So......one is for perfectionists that have the time, skill, patience, & equipment while the other is for the guy that wants it to look great with minimum fuss requiring only a couple of terry towels.

Your call on which way you want to go. Both are excellent products but one requires a great deal of surface preparation to maximize both the look and durability. That same preparation would be advantageous to both products but is a necessity for one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.