Honda: Concept C and Concept S - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > Other Honda talk

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 09:08 AM
MSM SPORT

Honda: Concept C and Concept S

Concept C sedan and Concept S small hatchback.

Concept C:

and

Concept S hatchback

The Japanese based automaker Honda has officially presented to the public at the 2012 Beijing Motor Show two new concept cars, named the Honda Concept C and the Honda Concept S.

"According to the car manufacturer, the Honda Concept C is actually a preview for a new low-cost sedan which will be aimed towards the Chinese auto market, while the Honda Concept S will underpin a new global compact car. Honda says that the production version of the Concept C will hit the market in China next year, while the Concept S will be sold in global emerging markets at first. Honda also says that the Concept S is actually powered by a hybrid powertrain, but details on this haven’t been announced just yet.
The Honda Concept C is taking its “C” name from “cool, challenge and China”, as the Japanese car manufacturer is saying, and the model is actually inspired by a dragon, with an angular styling, being also a tribute for the Chinese Year of the Dragon. The design of the Honda C has been made after a collaboration between the company’s Japanese and Chinese design houses. More details on the two models will be announced once they will be ready for their new customers, as production vehicles." Link

SOLD - 2010 V6 5AT SMR | 30% tint | 35W 5000K HIDs | Odyssey Lower Grill | Zexen's Engineering Tail light mod | WeatherTech Digifit Floorliners

SOLD - 2008 EX-L NHBP | 20% tint | 35W 5000K HIDs | Odyssey Lower Grill | Deck Lid Spoiler | WeatherTech Digifit Floorliners | V6 Coupe wheels | OEM fogs | Zexen's Engineering Tail light mod

Past rides:
1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited Edition -
Crimson Red
1991 Honda CRX Si - Rio Red
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 09:21 AM
7th Gear

My God, that is Fugly!

I never thought I would say this, but Honda's designs S UCK!

2005 Accord Sedan EX-L AT
2009 Accord Coupe 6/6 Black
Old 04-23-2012, 09:26 AM
4th Gear

The first one looks all Acura to me...
Old 04-23-2012, 09:26 AM
MSM SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamacre View Post
My God, that is Fugly!

I never thought I would say this, but Honda's designs S UCK!
I really like Concept C and the front of Concept S hatchback. I know that both concepts would lose some of its more sharp lines and futuristic elements but the overall form, lines and proportion is well done. I actually really-really like the sedan!

SOLD - 2010 V6 5AT SMR | 30% tint | 35W 5000K HIDs | Odyssey Lower Grill | Zexen's Engineering Tail light mod | WeatherTech Digifit Floorliners

SOLD - 2008 EX-L NHBP | 20% tint | 35W 5000K HIDs | Odyssey Lower Grill | Deck Lid Spoiler | WeatherTech Digifit Floorliners | V6 Coupe wheels | OEM fogs | Zexen's Engineering Tail light mod

Past rides:
Crimson Red
Old 04-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Carpe Diem

Yuck!
Old 04-23-2012, 10:09 AM
3rd Gear

that sedan one could be the next or next next gen accord O.o

Generic Intercooler / Custom Piping Intake & Exhaust / UR pulleys / Greddy BOV / Garrett 62trim / Blitz Wastegate
SPEC stage2 clutch / AEM fi/c / AEM wideband / AEM truboost / HKS turbo timer / CT-E shortshifter / Skunk2 knob
AMR coilovers 12k/10k / J-power rear camberkits / Rays G35 rims / ATR Achilles sport 235/35/19
Old 04-23-2012, 10:23 AM
. . .

Honda Press Release:

Quote:
Honda Exhibits World Premiere of Two Honda Brand Concept Models at 2012 Beijing Motor Show

BEIJING, China, April 23, 2012 - Honda Motor (China) Investment Co., Ltd. today exhibited at the 2012 Beijing Motor Show the world premiere of the Concept C and the Concept S, two concept models that show the direction of mass-production models Honda will introduce to the market next year. (The 2012 Beijing International Automotive Exhibition, press days: April 23 -24, public days: April 27 - May 2, 2012)

Concept C

Concept C is a concept model for a middle-class sedan Honda is developing specially for the Chinese market. The "C" represents "Cool," "Challenge," and "China." The Concept C features a stately, distinctive and sporty design that was inspired by the image of a dragon. The product planning for this model was led by Honda's Chinese associates and the development was done through cooperation between development teams in China and Japan. Honda is planning to introduce a mass-production model based on this Concept C next year through Guangqi Honda Automobile Co., Ltd.

Concept S

Concept S is a global concept model of a new-value passenger mover that was developed primarily for the Chinese market and will go on sale first in China. The "S" stands for "Stylish," "Smart" and "Surprise." Adopting a hybrid powertrain, this concept model realizes both the "fun of driving" and excellent environmental performance at the same time. A spacious cabin was realized by Honda's packaging technologies, which is one of the distinctive strengths of Honda. A mass-production model based on this Concept S is scheduled for introduction to the Chinese market through Dongfeng Honda Automobile Co., Ltd. next year, followed by a global release.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:02 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeK View Post
The first one looks all Acura to me...
Bingo!
looks like a riced out TL to me.
-Kicker KS Component and Coaxial Speakers
-10" L5 in Sealed Box
-Audiocontrol LC7
Old 04-23-2012, 12:51 PM
MSM SPORT

Few interesting tidbits:

"One of those vehicles is the Concept C sedan, with the “C” standing for “Cool,” “Challenge,” and “China.” Honda could have added “Coupe,” since the absence of a rear quarter window gives the concept a very coupe-like profile. The side view also showcases a few interesting character lines, wheel-well filling rims, thin side view mirror housing, and small, push-button style door handles. Up front, the grille and lower air dams are angular, while the hood features bold bulges. It will be interesting to see how much of the sharp concept sedan’s dragon-inspired styling translates into the expected production version."

Read more: http://rumors.automobilemag.com/beij...#ixzz1stlrtVMh

Past rides:
Crimson Red
Old 05-01-2012, 03:59 PM
6th Gear

Should Honda’s Concept C Be the Next Accord?

Quote:
After several years of seeming to be in a design and inspirational funk, it seems like Honda, in both its namesake bread-and-butter brand, as well as its upscale Acura brand, have finally found some mojo, showcasing some interesting and compelling concepts, and showing promise with forthcoming future products. However, that’s not to say everything has been uniformly outstanding.

At the 2012 Detroit Auto Show, there was a collective shrug by the press when the Accord Coupe “Concept” was shown. The concept was barely distinguishable from the current production model. Aside from Honda’s next-generation Earth Dreams powerplants, there was nothing particularly compelling or groundbreaking about the car. This was in stark contrast to the enthusiastic reception the Acura NSX concept received.

If the coupe concept shown in Detroit is an indication of what the next-generation Accord is going to look like, then styling changes will be evolutionary, at best. However, a concept shown at the 2012 Beijing Auto Show shows an entirely different potential styling direction for a midsize sedan, and one we generally find a lot more interesting.

The Honda Concept C pairs a bold front-end styling treatment with a coupe-like side profile that shows influences from the Mazda6 and Hyundai Sonata, two of the more daringly-styled entries in the traditionally staid midsize segment. Although the chromey beak on the concept may not be universally adored by all onlookers, overall, it is a huge improvement over the understated and somewhat dated lines of the current model.

If the Detroit coupe concept is indicative of a mid or late-cycle refresh on the current model with more comprehensive mechanical changes, we’d be inclined to be accepting of the mild change. But as the styling direction of a new, re-invigorated, re-energized Honda, we much prefer the Concept C.

What do you think? Should the next Accord look more like the coupe concept from Detroit, or the Concept C from Beijing? Which do you think is a more likely candidate to be the next Accord?
Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/should-hon...#ixzz1tfKrwpOK
Old 05-02-2012, 03:56 PM
5th Gear

The concept C looks so mean. I want it.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:13 PM
MSM SPORT

Here's a cool rendering I found online of some changes that could be done:

Past rides:
Crimson Red
Old 05-07-2012, 12:43 PM
2008 Accord Coupe EX

wheres the coupe?
Old 05-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Keepin' It R-E-A-L...!!!

Lightbulb

I'd imagine the front grill/fascia of the Concept-C would be tamed down for the North American / USDM Accord (and presumably Asia-Pac / JDM Inspire). If so, I believe an '13 Accord LX-P (do after-market leather-interior conversion) or EX-L is in my future!

I may be in the market in the fall for something-something! My short'list would be:

'13 ILX
'12 TSX
'09+ RL
'13 ES 350
'12 Genesis sedan
'12 Maxima

... and the front-runner would be the '13 Accord sedan IF it resembles the Concept-C & the front grill/fascia is a bit toned-down.

Too bad newly released/redesigned models won't go for at/below invoice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboyaccord View Post
wheres the coupe?
The concept for the '13 Accord coupe (presumably 9th gen.) was already shown at the Detroit auto-show a few months ago.

{a few Honda/Acura vehicles in the past/present/future}
Old 05-25-2012, 04:10 PM
vtec

looks good... but...too much going on with that front hood..

actually theres too much going on with the entire car and im a man of simple = better.

some look way to unpractical.. this inst gotham city ERA yet.

EDIT: actually the SEDAN accord looks amazing. ill eat my words.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.