Finally Pics of My 8th Generation Accord Coupe (a.k.a. Big Large) - Page 3 - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The Gallery

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 04:40 PM
5th Gear

Send a message via AIM to Big LrG
some old pics. Taking new ones this summer

08 Alabaster Silver EX-L V6 AT / Custom 3" CBE with HKS Ti Carbon Muffler / PF01 18x9 +35 / BFG Sport Comp-2 / Stoptech Trophy BBK's / Carbotech XP12's (Track Only) / Corbeau FX1 Pro / Spec Condensor / BC Racing Coilovers / SPC Rear Camber Kit / SPC Rear Toe Kit / SPC Rear Trailing Arm Kit / Injen CAI / RV6 PCD / RV6 V2 J-pipe / RV6 Test pipe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2012, 09:30 PM
5th Gear

very nice. wish i had extended my exhaust at least one inch similar to yours.

Done: OEM Splashguard - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust 14832 - JDM Emblems - Takeda SRI - LED Interior/License (White/Blue) - Blacked Out Grill/Window Trim - 5% Rear 50% Front - Philips 9006 Halogen Headlight Bulbs - Hankook Ventus V2

To Do: TSX RSB/Shiftknob - Coilovers - 8.5 Trunk/Front Bumper Conversion - USDM Mugen Grill - Headlight Tint - Painted Engine Cover - Blacked Out Gearbox - Lid Spoiler - Window/Moonroof Visor - P2R Throttle Body Spacer
Old 05-02-2012, 08:05 AM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to krazyfiend
no front plate, ftw!

Past Stable-
08' Accord Coupe PMM w/Blk EX-L V6 31k miles (pur. 10.25.07-sold 8.24.10)
98' V8 Ford SHO Blk on Blk (sold outright)
91' 300zx MT N/A (totaled)
Old 05-02-2012, 02:46 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thsedan View Post
very nice. wish i had extended my exhaust at least one inch similar to yours.
Yea, its looks pretty good IMO. Mines is angled out a tad bit. Not sticking straight out. I can tell you this though, MINES IS WAY LOUDER! lol It's deafening loud. 3" piping no cats. Its bananas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyfiend View Post
no front plate, ftw!
Wish there was a like button for this post here!
08 Alabaster Silver EX-L V6 AT / Custom 3" CBE with HKS Ti Carbon Muffler / PF01 18x9 +35 / BFG Sport Comp-2 / Stoptech Trophy BBK's / Carbotech XP12's (Track Only) / Corbeau FX1 Pro / Spec Condensor / BC Racing Coilovers / SPC Rear Camber Kit / SPC Rear Toe Kit / SPC Rear Trailing Arm Kit / Injen CAI / RV6 PCD / RV6 V2 J-pipe / RV6 Test pipe
Old 05-02-2012, 08:52 PM
5th Gear

[QUOTE=Big LrG;944076]Yea, its looks pretty good IMO. Mines is angled out a tad bit. Not sticking straight out. I can tell you this though, MINES IS WAY LOUDER! lol It's deafening loud. 3" piping no cats. Its bananas!

nice. sometimes i wish i had the v6 so i can simply just remove the resonator and get that awesome deep sound combo with the exhaust.

Done: OEM Splashguard - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust 14832 - JDM Emblems - Takeda SRI - LED Interior/License (White/Blue) - Blacked Out Grill/Window Trim - 5% Rear 50% Front - Philips 9006 Halogen Headlight Bulbs - Hankook Ventus V2

To Do: TSX RSB/Shiftknob - Coilovers - 8.5 Trunk/Front Bumper Conversion - USDM Mugen Grill - Headlight Tint - Painted Engine Cover - Blacked Out Gearbox - Lid Spoiler - Window/Moonroof Visor - P2R Throttle Body Spacer
Old 05-03-2012, 08:12 PM
5th Gear

[quote=8thsedan;944176]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big LrG View Post
Yea, its looks pretty good IMO. Mines is angled out a tad bit. Not sticking straight out. I can tell you this though, MINES IS WAY LOUDER! lol It's deafening loud. 3" piping no cats. Its bananas!

nice. sometimes i wish i had the v6 so i can simply just remove the resonator and get that awesome deep sound combo with the exhaust.
The i4 can get it as well don't worry. IMO i4 sounds closer to a V8 more than V6's due to the harmonic balance of V6's being a bit difference.

I know RV6 is in the works now for PCD's for you i4 guys!

Just stay patient, he does very good quality work!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:54 PM
5th Gear

okay, i'll wait. so in the mean time, wat other options are there besides the resonator removal? i want that deep and at the same time loud sound without the rasp. some drone is okay. don't mind it too much actually.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:10 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
okay, i'll wait. so in the mean time, wat other options are there besides the resonator removal? i want that deep and at the same time loud sound without the rasp. some drone is okay. don't mind it too much actually.
Don't delete your resonator. A lot of the V6 guys who ran the magma flow and wanted more growl deleted the resonator and then when they got the PCDs it added Aton of rasp and so they had to reinstall the resonator. So keep it on you'll need it. Check your inbox!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:35 PM
5th Gear

what does a high flow catalytic converter do? improve sound?

Old 05-07-2012, 04:20 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
what does a high flow catalytic converter do? improve sound?
restricts the air flow. So if your state has emissions you have a better chance passing than if you didn't have cat's at all. Its not as restricting as the OEM cat's though. Also it does tend to reduce the amount of rasp compared to a vehicle without cat's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.