Will it get push button start? - Page 3 - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 9th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 10:38 AM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to krazyfiend
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM49 View Post
...because Hyundai is no where near what a Honda is.
Hmmm.. I guess I must have been a bit loco/crazy the past couple of times I've went to the Acura and Hyundai dealerships to compare the TL SH- AWD and RL against the R-Spec Genesis Sedan. Hyundai keeps winning me over. I do realize that was not the segment/class of cars that has been discussed in this thread...but, your general statement in regard to Hyundai vs Honda-- I felt the need to respond.

Honda has name recognition and knows how to build a solid, reliable power-train (oops on those 2nd gen Acura TL and CL transmissions and the 7th gen AT transmissions) that's based on a proven track record and strong re-sale attribute (that others are practically catching up to).

Unfortunately, in terms of implementing tech/features into Hondas and trying to keep the division between Acura and Honda for the US market. Honda seems to have been resting on their laurels and farting out some future designs that really haven't been making that big of a splash w/ consumers and even the Honda fanboy/crowd. I enjoy my coupe, I think it's a great value at what I was able to get if for (just above invoice)...but in 2012, with the 8th gen being practically 5 years old and the ninth gen on the cusp, I think Honda needs to re-evaluate their targeted consumers and listen to them if they don't want to slide down the sales charts and peoples option lists when looking for a new/used car.

Just my 2 cents.

Past Stable-
08' Accord Coupe PMM w/Blk EX-L V6 31k miles (pur. 10.25.07-sold 8.24.10)
98' V8 Ford SHO Blk on Blk (sold outright)
91' 300zx MT N/A (totaled)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 11:43 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoCoupeV6 View Post
Its funny you mention the styling, owning a number of Hondas I have never had anyone really stare or come up to me and comment on my car, 2 weeks of owning the Sonata 2.0T Black w/Black Tints and ive had 5 people already ask me about it and tell me you can't even compare the looks of an Accord Sedan to this, one saying for the price point there isn't a better looking car out (granted the midnight black is a stunner with tints - my first black car too)

I have to agree at this point i find my own self staring at the car saying its pretty dam sexy - to which i dont think i can ever recall doing that with my Hondas (to each its own i guess, and def. some colors make all the difference!) Its a nice balance of aggressive, sporty and luxurious

Dont get me wrong i loved my Hondas but the styling is turning alot of people off these days - dated to say the least
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artema View Post
I completely agree. They went boring with the Sedan. It is a box with rounded corners. I still think the Coupe looks amazing, but when comparing 4 doors, the Hyundais are winning.
I agree with both of you. IMO, the 8th Gen Accord coupe is the best looking car in Honda's current lineup, but even that is outdated compared to the Genesis coupe. There's been a few times where a Genesis coupe has parked next to me and compared to the curves and lines on the Genesis, my coupe looks so outdated. You don't even want to get started on the powertrain!

The only downside to the Genesis coupe's styling is the quarter window.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Corvalis TTX

Quote:
I definitely don't agree with above, Accord looks much more sporty and aggressive then a Sonata or in fact any Hyundai out there. I had people numerous times stare and give me good comments till this very day. After driving brand new Sonata several times(work related) good luck trying to convince me on buying one because Hyundai is no where near what a Honda is. People staring at Sonata? in my work nobody would give it a second look.

*Opinions vary person to person*
I had my Honda parked next to a Sonata yesterday. People were looking closely at the Sonata. The Accord seemed invisible to them. Sonata owner was being asked how he liked the car - I was ignored. But then I live in the real world.

2014 Audi S4 | 2013 Porsche 911 Turbo S | 08 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 | 97 Jaguar XJ6 | 95 Ford Taurus SHO | 77 MGB | 2012 Cessna 400 Corvalis TTX
Old 05-03-2012, 06:38 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
I had my Honda parked next to a Sonata yesterday. People were looking closely at the Sonata. The Accord seemed invisible to them. Sonata owner was being asked how he liked the car - I was ignored. But then I live in the real world.
Sonata may not be everybody's cup of tea, but it definitely has more visual presence than the Accord sedan. I was at McDonald's earlier today and parked next to each other were an Accord EX-L and a Kia Optima LX (the base trim level) the Optima, even in base trim, has it all over the Accord in presence and looks IMO. The Accord looks dated because it IS dated....outside of the current Altima and Fusion, the Accord is the oldest car left in the class.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:02 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublehh03 View Post
Another point, until you, I never had anyone brag about owning a sonata or Hyundai in general.
I have a co-worker who from a BMW (E39) 530i to a Hyundai Sonata, and loves the Sonata in all aspects over his old 530i. Yes, everyone has an opinion. But to infer that just because you've only encountered one person who thinks highly of a Hyundai and therefore a Hyundai vehicle isn't as liked as a Honda vehicle is outright naive.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:47 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saywhaat04 View Post
Sonata may not be everybody's cup of tea, but it definitely has more visual presence than the Accord sedan. I was at McDonald's earlier today and parked next to each other were an Accord EX-L and a Kia Optima LX (the base trim level) the Optima, even in base trim, has it all over the Accord in presence and looks IMO. The Accord looks dated because it IS dated....outside of the current Altima and Fusion, the Accord is the oldest car left in the class.
IMO Hyundai Sonata is trying to be too "flashy". Don't understand that large body silhouette for the climate control, unnecessary. I look for build quality/materials, you can easily add different wheels/suspension to make any car more "sporty or classy".

On another note, IMO the "Hyundai" name is still not respected. As I am currently in the market for a vehicle and ask friends/family/co-workers about "Hyundai" and I never hear positive remarks. I usually receive comments like "I wouldn't get caught driving a Hyundai".

But yes, Honda is vastly outdated tech wise, the Acura lineup is more up to par as of recent.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Corvalis TTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrvtecaccord View Post
IMO Hyundai Sonata is trying to be too "flashy". Don't understand that large body silhouette for the climate control, unnecessary. I look for build quality/materials, you can easily add different wheels/suspension to make any car more "sporty or classy".
Many cars have unnecessary and poorly planned controls. The centre stack of the 8th gen Accord is an unnecessary and overly complicated mess of buttons IMO. My point is that something you find unnecessary may appeal to others.

Quote:
On another note, IMO the "Hyundai" name is still not respected.
Who cares? Would you refuse to own a car because the brand is not respected by others? In other words, would it bother you if you bought a Hyundai that wasn't respected by your family/friends? And if the answer is "yes" I'd have to ask why you feel the need to have others respect your car.

Quote:
As I am currently in the market for a vehicle and ask friends/family/co-workers about "Hyundai" and I never hear positive remarks. I usually receive comments like "I wouldn't get caught driving a Hyundai".

I'm curious - would you choose not to consider a Hyundai because of comments from from your friends/family or would you look at the Hyundai objectively and decide whether or not you like the car? In other words, would you let closed-minded comments such as "I wouldn't get caught driving a Hyundai" from friends/family deter you from looking at the car?

2014 Audi S4 | 2013 Porsche 911 Turbo S | 08 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 | 97 Jaguar XJ6 | 95 Ford Taurus SHO | 77 MGB | 2012 Cessna 400 Corvalis TTX
Old 05-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Michael

Quote:
Many cars have unnecessary and poorly planned controls. The centre stack of the 8th gen Accord is an unnecessary and overly complicated mess of buttons IMO. My point is that something you find unnecessary may appeal to others.
Excellent point. For instance, I find the layout to be initially confusing, then unbelievably handy. Everything is easily controlled and accessible, without my hand having to move around much. Very good for adjustments while moving. I remember how dangerous it was to reach over to change stuff in my old 1993 Accord.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:22 AM
Honda Racing Evolution

Quote:
Your line of Work? Honda Tech?!?

Pictures are really worth a thousand words ... no offense to my Honda lovers but it really does look like a rental car these days ...
My work of line? Lets just say I deal with brand new Nissan's(Including 370z and GTR), BMW's, Benz, Hyundai , Kia, Fords, one or two Mazdas, Subaru's, Suzuki's, one or two Porsches, VW/Audi's, and one or two Jaguars. I think that's pretty much it. I really wished I got my hand on some of new Honda's/Acura's and Toyota's/Lexus's

Btw, thanks for the pictures but it wont change anything I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublehh03 View Post
U just made his point. That front/back ends are just hideous. There is a reason the Elantra, which was touted as "stylish" during its inception, is now considered ugly as hell. Just b/c the Accord sedan looks dated, and I admit it does, but Hyundai's designs are just "out" there. Looks like an ugly alien dropped onto earth.

Another point, until you, I never had anyone brag about owning a sonata or Hyundai in general.
I found Elantra/Sonata ugly from day one and there design will look outdated in no time while the Accord will still look decent.

"Put your two cents in, and get a dollar back"
Old 05-05-2012, 06:55 AM
4th Gear

Quote:

I found Elantra/Sonata ugly from day one and there design will look outdated in no time while the Accord will still look decent.
MM, not always do I agree with you, but I do on this one.

I have a lot of respect for what Hyundai/Kia are doing. It is very similar to the path of the Japanese brands over 30 years ago.

But I totally dislike the chrome trim going all he way to the front on the Sonata, and the design will get old pretty fast.
The Accord coupe still looks fantastic to me. The sedan is ok; Honda went for a very conservative approach from day one it was plain vanilla, but I liked it. I also liked the dash, it does look a bit intimidating at first, but as Adrenalin says, it can be operated with minimal distraction.

Going back to the subject of the thread I hope it will include the push start system, along with a competitive galore of.gadgets. This along with a smoothed out design and I shall. E content.
Planned projects:
New car planned for fall 2013. 9th Gen! EX-L NAVI? Touring?

ALSO: 12 Ody EX-L RES no mods PREVIOUSLY: 08 Ody EX-L RES,07 Accord 2D EX, 06 Pilot LX, 04 Mazda6i, 01 Civic 2D EX.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Boosted Sedan

Quote:
My work of line? Lets just say I deal with brand new Nissan's(Including 370z and GTR), BMW's, Benz, Hyundai , Kia, Fords, one or two Mazdas, Subaru's, Suzuki's, one or two Porsches, VW/Audi's, and one or two Jaguars. I think that's pretty much it. I really wished I got my hand on some of new Honda's/Acura's and Toyota's/Lexus's

Btw, thanks for the pictures but it wont change anything I said

Noone is trying to change your mind, simply stated Hyundai has come along ways and Honda is still relying on just the basics (because it still working) - In all honesty because of where Hyundai has come from i have a hard time jumping the gun with excitmemt when someone asks what car i got - but that comes from the past and my own bashing of the brand and lets face it the new Hyundai are something compared to the old company - (been pro honda my whole life) but i really do enjoy the new car, and actually driving my Wifes coupe last night for the first time since getting the Sonata i realized that even the gauges are outdated, but the whole electric stearing thing is a big debate as i feel more in tune with the Honda where the Hyundai is like driving a toy its almost to easy - but again these may be the future trends - the turbo on the other hand, another kind of fun -

either way I have the best of both worlds in the driveway so i cant complain but can compare and contrast all day long bc i drive both -

And for the record say what you want about Hyundai but i would never own a Nissan (unless it was so the 370 or GTR) the CVT is downright the worst thing ever created - and yes i have driven both the maxima and rogue with it - terrible, and as for bland interiors BMW sets the bar for that not changing much - but i guess thats why they call it the ultimate driving machine, not really highlighting their interiors ..a big to each its own, as i can remember everyone bashing the new accord coupe bc of the rear end bulges and terrible wheel designs - guess thats old news now too

Vehicle History:
2009 Honda Accord Sedan I4 (Wife's first Honda)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
2006 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6MT W/Navigation
2000 VW GTI VR6
1994 Honda Accord Sedan I4
1989 Honda Accord Sedan I4
1988 Buick Park Ave V6 (First Car)
Old 05-05-2012, 07:40 PM
4th Gear

I am pretty sure the new accord ail have an electric steering too... And the CVT.... the rest of the car better deliver then!
Planned projects:
New car planned for fall 2013. 9th Gen! EX-L NAVI? Touring?

ALSO: 12 Ody EX-L RES no mods PREVIOUSLY: 08 Ody EX-L RES,07 Accord 2D EX, 06 Pilot LX, 04 Mazda6i, 01 Civic 2D EX.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Honda Racing Evolution

Quote:
Noone is trying to change your mind, simply stated Hyundai has come along ways and Honda is still relying on just the basics (because it still working) -
You wont be able too...I don't really understand what you mean by "relying on just the basics" ? Anyway IMHO If I ever become unhappy with Honda and have to go with another brand I would even consider a Ford over a Hyundai, so yeah Hyundai is way down on my list

Quote:
And for the record say what you want about Hyundai but i would never own a Nissan (unless it was so the 370 or GTR) the CVT is downright the worst thing ever created - and yes i have driven both the maxima and rogue with it - terrible, and as for bland interiors BMW sets the bar for that not changing much - but i guess thats why they call it the ultimate driving machine, not really highlighting their interiors ..a big to each its own, as i can remember everyone bashing the new accord coupe bc of the rear end bulges and terrible wheel designs - guess thats old news now too
Nissan, I was really impressed! nicely balanced car's. Nicely built, drives good, powerful, good quality, and amazing sound system. Their trucks are also damn strong and powerful.

Bmw, yea pretty much same interior. I would now consider a Benz over Bmw (answer before would've been different) but when it comes to M series then its a different story.

"Put your two cents in, and get a dollar back"
Old 05-06-2012, 09:01 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
they're just blind. lol they don't see a great car in front of them.

Done: OEM Splashguard - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust 14832 - JDM Emblems - Takeda SRI - LED Interior/License (White/Blue) - Blacked Out Grill/Window Trim - 5% Rear 50% Front - Philips 9006 Halogen Headlight Bulbs - Hankook Ventus V2

To Do: TSX RSB/Shiftknob - Coilovers - 8.5 Trunk/Front Bumper Conversion - USDM Mugen Grill - Headlight Tint - Painted Engine Cover - Blacked Out Gearbox - Lid Spoiler - Window/Moonroof Visor - P2R Throttle Body Spacer
Old 05-06-2012, 09:28 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_random View Post
I have a co-worker who from a BMW (E39) 530i to a Hyundai Sonata, and loves the Sonata in all aspects over his old 530i. Yes, everyone has an opinion. But to infer that just because you've only encountered one person who thinks highly of a Hyundai and therefore a Hyundai vehicle isn't as liked as a Honda vehicle is outright naive.
If your co-worker likes a Sonata over a 5 series in ALL ASPECTS, then your co-worker already got a problem. You shouldn't trust your co-worker's opinions then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.