$3.99 a gallon for 87 in Cali...Whats is at now where ur at? - Page 10 - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Off Topic > The Pit

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 10:47 AM
6th Gear

Let's not focus on the price but on conservation. It is clear the oil companies and wall street do not care what price consumers pay. This is the second time in the last few years the price has went over $4.

Alternative ways of getting around, changes in our driving habits and mass transit will eventually dent their wallets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Greg

There is a conspiracy between the oil companies and the federal government. I have said it for years.

1999 Honda Accord EX Coupe - SOLD
3.0L V6
166,800 miles
35% Tint
Nokya Hyper Yellow 9006 Headlight Bulbs

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/gstone/accord
https://twitter.com/#!/YacketySax
Old 05-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Sugar coating for you ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlR33 View Post
Let's not focus on the price but on conservation. It is clear the oil companies and wall street do not care what price consumers pay. This is the second time in the last few years the price has went over $4.

Alternative ways of getting around, changes in our driving habits and mass transit will eventually dent their wallets.
People will do what they do .. most are too ignorant to even figure out how to use less fuel etc.

My member journal / build thread @ IWSTI

2008 Honda Accord Coupe V-6 EX-L AT NBP
No longer owned
Old 05-04-2012, 08:03 PM
5th Gear

who knows what the prices will be during the summer

Done: OEM Splashguard - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust 14832 - JDM Emblems - Takeda SRI - LED Interior/License (White/Blue) - Blacked Out Grill/Window Trim - 5% Rear 50% Front - Philips 9006 Halogen Headlight Bulbs - Hankook Ventus V2

To Do: TSX RSB/Shiftknob - Coilovers - 8.5 Trunk/Front Bumper Conversion - USDM Mugen Grill - Headlight Tint - Painted Engine Cover - Blacked Out Gearbox - Lid Spoiler - Window/Moonroof Visor - P2R Throttle Body Spacer
Old 05-12-2012, 10:59 PM
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to gen_unknown_7.5
Gas in Socal changed dramatically in one night. 4.13 on thrusday, 4.39 on friday =/ for 87.
HIDs 6k, Tint F:23% R:17%, Complete LED Interior + License, OEM All-weather Mats, TL 20 RSB/27.2 FSB, USA-spec PA15-HON2, Decklid Spoiler, K&N drop in Air Filter, OEM window Visors, WeatherTech Bug Deflector, Modded front license plate, Inspire Fog Lights Reps (3k), Hybrid Tail Lights (Reps), Sypder Projector Headlights
Old 05-13-2012, 12:05 PM
5th Gear

$3.36 in my area for 87
Old 05-14-2012, 08:25 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen_unknown_7.5 View Post
Gas in Socal changed dramatically in one night. 4.13 on thrusday, 4.39 on friday =/ for 87.
Yea, I heard the average price for a gallon of gas jumped 14 cents since Friday here in SoCal.
2000 2dr. v6 Accord | Limo Tint | Black housing Crystal Headlights | Greddy MX Exhaust | Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | R1 Concept slotted/ventilated rotors - Front | Eibach Pro Springs | KYB-GR2 Shocks | Eibach Sway Bars | DC Strut Bar | 6000k HIDs | Pioneer DEH-P6000UB | Pioneer mid speakers | Matt Tweeters | Kenwood 4ch. 800w Amp | 2x 10" Sony Xplod 800w subs | Sony 1200w Class D Amp
Old 05-14-2012, 09:28 AM
. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen_unknown_7.5 View Post
I noticed that too. I was holding off on filling up that Thursday since I still had half a tank. I was thinking that with crude oil prices dropping every day, I'd fill up when 87 was around $4.10 or so. Then I saw the jump from $4.19 to $4.35 the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDsDontBurn View Post
Yea, I heard the average price for a gallon of gas jumped 14 cents since Friday here in SoCal.
It's supposedly due to closed refineries

Quote:
As the rest of the country watches gas prices fall, Southern California is watching them rise once again at an alarming pace.

As of Monday morning, the price of regular gas was $5.35 at the Mobil station at Hacienda Boulevard and Gale Avenue in Hacienda Heights. This price is about $1 above the average price of gas in the L.A./Long Beach area, which is at $4.39. In Orange and Ventura counties, drivers are paying an average of $4.37. The prices for all three of these areas reflect a 16-cent jump in just a week. Drivers in the Inland Empire are paying $4.34, up 14 cents in a week.

Experts says the sudden price hike is due to supply shortage and not the upcoming Memorial Day weekend. There are only a few refineries that produce the summer gas blend required in California, and three are currently closed for maintenance.

"We don't see a spike right before a major holiday. It may feel like it sometimes, but usually it's in the middle of a trend, it's usually on a downward trend or an upward trend, but it doesn't seem to spike right before it," said Jeffrey Spring with the Automobile Club of Southern California. "This is an odd one. People are gonna look at this and go, 'I wonder...,' but it's really because of these refinery issues, and it may resolve itself in the next week."

Coincidentally, the hike in gas prices comes as Bike Week kicks off in L.A. During the week, people are encouraged to ride a bike to work, school and any other destination to reduce traffic and air pollution. But gas prices will certainly add an extra incentive to participate.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by namegoeshere View Post
It's supposedly due to closed refineries
"Supposedly" right? But, with crude dropping in price per barrel, it's probably true.

And I drive by the gas station mentioned in Hacienda Heights every day on my way to and from work.

I took a picture of the price of gas at that specific gas station on my way home last night. I swear that specific gas station is a ghost town. People only stop there to get stuff at the convenience store inside :lol:

2000 2dr. v6 Accord | Limo Tint | Black housing Crystal Headlights | Greddy MX Exhaust | Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | R1 Concept slotted/ventilated rotors - Front | Eibach Pro Springs | KYB-GR2 Shocks | Eibach Sway Bars | DC Strut Bar | 6000k HIDs | Pioneer DEH-P6000UB | Pioneer mid speakers | Matt Tweeters | Kenwood 4ch. 800w Amp | 2x 10" Sony Xplod 800w subs | Sony 1200w Class D Amp
Old 05-15-2012, 06:42 AM

$3.42 in Omaha, Ne with 10% ethanol. I gladly pay the extra $.12 to have my fuel without it.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:09 PM
. . .

gas station in Calabasas....

Gas prices in California rise to another new record

Quote:
The pain at the pump continues.

The average price of regular gas in California hit a record average of $4.655 on Sunday, according to the AAA's daily fuel gauge report. That's a rise of 4.1 cents overnight.

If there is any good news, the rise is slowing. On Saturday, the overnight price rise was 12.8 cents.

Furthermore, if you tend to look at the world with a glass-half-full view, the $4.655 price breakthrough Sunday is not a record if inflation is taken into account. The current price of regular would have to hit about $4.93 to match the record set in 2008.

The main reason for the soaring gasoline prices this week is the shutdown of the Exxon Mobil refinery in Torrance due to a power outage, but other problems with refineries and pipelines also contributed.

Just a month ago, the average price for regular in the state was $4.17. A year ago it was at $3.803.

The highest average price Sunday for regular in metropolitan areas covered by the AAA report is in San Luis Obispo where it's at $4.740.

In the Los Angeles-Long Beach area, motorists filling up Sunday are paying an average of $4.696 for regular. In Orange County it's $4.686, Ventura hit $4.689 and the Riverside-San Bernardino area is at $4.67. In San Francisco, the average is $4.731.

Some relief is probably in sight because the Exxon refinery went back on line Friday. But California will probably remain well above most of the nation when it comes to gas prices.

The U.S. average on Sunday was $3.814 for a gallon a regular, according to the AAA.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:10 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09Bullet View Post
Went to pump gas at Texaco...my usual spot..$3.99 a gallon for 87 grade...Suks!!!! Last week i pumped i think it was $3.70 somethn.
Its suppose to jump over $4 a gallon here in Cali this summer too..glad igot a i4...gas sipper.....i use to have a 740i...piece of crap.

Sent from my MB865 using AutoGuide.com App
I just paid $5.00 per gallon

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
*PUTCO LED lightning
*Infinity Kappa 692.9i Speakers/4 Channel Amp
*Audio Control LC7i
*JL Audio W6 on the way soon.......

More mods to come when life gets back on track....
Old 10-08-2012, 06:58 AM
Also available in sober.

That's horrible. Still 3.49 here (which is bad enough).
Old 10-08-2012, 08:00 AM
4th Gear

I'm paying 1.30/L up here in Canada. That's about 4.80/G.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using AutoGuide.Com Free App
6000K HID Headlights
Nokya Yellow DRL
Injen Short Ram Intake
P2R Throttle Body Spacer
Magnaflow Dual Catback Exhaust
HSD Coilovers
P2R Downpipe W/Cat Delete
TWM Shortshifter
Old 10-08-2012, 08:55 AM
7th Gear

$3.51 here.

2005 Accord Sedan EX-L AT
2009 Accord Coupe 6/6 Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.