Remote Key Unlocking Doors Not Working - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 7th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 01:35 PM
My First Post

Remote Key Unlocking Doors Not Working

Hello everyone. I own a 2006 Honda Accord and the problem I am having is that when I press unlock twice on my remote key, the only door that unlocks is the driver's side door and not the passenger doors. I am also unable to open the windows when holding the unlock button on the key.

At first I thought the problem was that the battery was low so I changed the battery. The problem was fixed for about a day or two but then occurred once again. When I took a closer look at my car, I noticed that when I pressed the unlock button, there is a clicking sound from the lock and is only present on my driver's side door. There is no response or sound coming from the locks on my other three doors when I press unlock.

So I really do not know what the problem and solution is here and was wondering if anyone is able to help me out. It should be noted that locking the car works without any problems.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Sponsored by ambition

I'd hazard a guess that the issue is your door actuator. It's a cheap part, but the labor is harsh because it is a pain to replace (just did mine a month ago). Another possibility is that something is just causing the driver door lock to stick making it require more force to unlock than the motor can handle.

2005 Accord Hybrid: Desert Mist Metallic
Honda Navigation System: INSTALLED
Black Leather Upholstered Dash: COMPLETE
TL Center Console:90%
CarPC: 30%
Black Suede Headliner: *delayed*
Old 08-22-2012, 02:27 AM
Just another old guy ....

When you say that you replaced the battery, you are talking about the battery in the remote, correct?

From the driver's door control switches, can you lock & un-lock all of the doors? How about the all of the windows, do they function properly when you open/close them from the drivers dore control switch?

Have you checked the fuses?
And does this issue happen with both (persuming that you have two) remotes?

Sorry for all of the questions. It's just hard to help resolve an issue over the net.

One more question (I think ) ..... If you insert you key into the lock in the drivers door and turn it to un-lock the car twice, does all of the locks unlock and if while you have the key inserted, if you twisted it to un-lock and hold it in that possion, do the windows roll down? (yes I know that was two questions)

My youngest son, RIP 10/3/2004 (He was 19 at the time)
My mom, RIP 4/6/2011

Forum Rules: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19181
Old 01-22-2013, 04:30 PM
My First Post

Intermittently same problem

On my Ridgeline I started having the same problem yesterday. I am imbedding the questions above with my answers. All answers are while it is in the failed mode. As of a few minutes ago it was working correctly.

From the driver's door control switches, can you lock & un-lock all of the doors? How about the all of the windows, do they function properly when you open/close them from the drivers door control switch? Yes

Have you checked the fuses? No
And does this issue happen with both (persuming that you have two) remotes? Yes

One more question (I think ) ..... If you insert you key into the lock in the drivers door and turn it to un-lock the car twice, does all of the locks unlock and if while you have the key inserted, if you twisted it to un-lock and hold it in that possion, do the windows roll down? (yes I know that was two questions) No and No

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:42 AM
3rd Gear

Send a message via AIM to eugenet Send a message via Skype™ to eugenet
Door locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLikeYolk View Post
Hello everyone. I own a 2006 Honda Accord and the problem I am having is that when I press unlock twice on my remote key, the only door that unlocks is the driver's side door and not the passenger doors. I am also unable to open the windows when holding the unlock button on the key.

At first I thought the problem was that the battery was low so I changed the battery. The problem was fixed for about a day or two but then occurred once again. When I took a closer look at my car, I noticed that when I pressed the unlock button, there is a clicking sound from the lock and is only present on my driver's side door. There is no response or sound coming from the locks on my other three doors when I press unlock.

So I really do not know what the problem and solution is here and was wondering if anyone is able to help me out. It should be noted that locking the car works without any problems.

Thank you.

May seem completely unrelated but i had the same issue when my battery was about to die. The remote would only unlock the driver side door but not the passenger side doors. I have an after market remote starter and that remote unlocked all doors no problem along with the door switch so this was only related to the factory key fob.

It would come and go for a few days and is now completely gone since a new battery was installed. I think i had a similar BS going on two winters ago around the time my battery was replaced.

Try the door switch to make sure the actuator works and then individual doors. May be a coincidence but take a closer look at your battery now that it's colder.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:55 AM
My First Post

Hello pls i have this same problen on my 2007 accord.

Pls i need help with my 07 accord only unlocks the driver side door all the doors can be locked unlocked from the driverside door plus i noticed key unlock only the driver door if i turn the keeys twice to unlock all doors this doesnt happen it takes several attempts to get the key to lower the windows. When attempting to unlock all doors a clicking sound is heard in the driver side door.

Pls help.

Last edited by The Pope; 08-09-2013 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Added message that was pmed to me from this user.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryven View Post
I'd hazard a guess that the issue is your door actuator. It's a cheap part, but the labor is harsh because it is a pain to replace (just did mine a month ago). Another possibility is that something is just causing the driver door lock to stick making it require more force to unlock than the motor can handle.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenet
May seem completely unrelated but i had the same issue when my battery was about to die. The remote would only unlock the driver side door but not the passenger side doors.
are the places that I'd look at. I'd start with the car's battery (in engin compartment). Take the car by an auto parts stores and ask if they could test it. Most of the time this is done for free.

My mom, RIP 4/6/2011

Old 12-09-2013, 08:49 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pope View Post
When you say that you replaced the battery, you are talking about the battery in the remote, correct?

From the driver's door control switches, can you lock & un-lock all of the doors? How about the all of the windows, do they function properly when you open/close them from the drivers dore control switch?

Have you checked the fuses?
And does this issue happen with both (persuming that you have two) remotes?

Sorry for all of the questions. It's just hard to help resolve an issue over the net.

One more question (I think ) ..... If you insert you key into the lock in the drivers door and turn it to un-lock the car twice, does all of the locks unlock and if while you have the key inserted, if you twisted it to un-lock and hold it in that possion, do the windows roll down? (yes I know that was two questions)
Same thing is happening to my newly acquired 2003 Accord Coupe. How do I diagnose it before buying parts?

Key Fob doesn't do the locking thing (wont unlock and lock) but the Panic button works and I can pop the trunk using it. I'm not sure if the actuators needs to be replaced or the battery for my key fob. The lock/unlock button on the driver's door doesn't work either. Same thing as the passenger door lock/unlock button.

If I need to replace the actuators, do I replace both doors? No, I haven't checked the fuse. Where is it? Under the hood or under the dash?

Thank you so much in advance!
Old 12-10-2013, 02:36 AM

You may find what you need in one of these threads:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...highlight=lock

also... In the Owner's Manual (if you have it) there should be information on where the fuse(s) for the door locks is/are located.

My mom, RIP 4/6/2011

Old 12-10-2013, 09:15 AM
1st Gear

Thanks Pope. Unfortunately, I don't have the owner's manual
Old 12-10-2013, 09:18 AM
RIP my Acorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyhamog View Post
Thanks Pope. Unfortunately, I don't have the owner's manual
You can find online PDF versions for free.

2014 Ford Focus ST 6MT 5D
Spirit Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.