Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Where in Canada are you from?

9th Gen Canadian Content Thread: Everything Canada related.

Tags
canada
330K views 1K replies 283 participants last post by  Live n Mizery 
#1 ·
Hello to all my fellow Canucks. This is my attempt to gather all information that is uniquely Canadian into one super thread, where it is easy for us to search and share information among Canadians.

Even though we share a lot of things in common with our US friends, there are somethings that are relevant to us Canadians only. I invite you to discuss any of the topics (not a comprehensive list - but a good list to start with):

- Purchase Price, your model and from which dealership.
- Canadian accessories for your Accord. Where did you buy it from, price, specs etc.
- Winter Tire Recommendations, and questions.
- Extended warranty (Honda-Plus) discussion
- Canadian TSB's and Recalls.

If the information is relevant to the larger North American audience, when and where appropriate, please continue to contribute and share with the larger population. And if there's something that needs to be added to the first post, just let me know and I will add to it. Thanks...

Canadian Version Trim Levels and Specs:
(information from Honda Canada)

Coupe

Accord 2D L4 EX 6MT $26,290
Accord 2D L4 EX CVT $27,490
Accord 2D L4 EXL-NAVI 6MT $29,990
Accord 2D L4 EXL-NAVI CVT $31,190
Accord 2D V6 EXL-NAVI 6MT $35,390
Accord 2D V6 EXL-NAVI 6AT $35,390

Sedan

Accord 4D L4 LX 6MT $23,990
Accord 4D L4 LX CVT $25,190
Accord 4D L4 SPORT 6MT $25,490
Accord 4D L4 SPORT CVT $26,690
Accord 4D L4 EXL CVT $29,090
Accord 4D L4 TOURING 6MT $30,390
Accord 4D L4 TOURING CVT $31,590
Accord 4D V6 EXL 6AT $32,790
Accord 4D V6 TOURING 6AT $35,290

MSRP does not include Freight and PDI, fees and taxes.

Invoice Pricing Websites in Canada:

http://www.unhaggle.com/

http://www.carsaver.ca/

See less See more
#191 ·
Got a call yesterday. Car is in and i'm picking it up on wednesday. Finally!

#192 ·
Hey All, Picked up my '13 EX-L V6 6 speed (MSM) a couple weeks ago.. LOVE THE CAR! All in I paid 38k (with protection package, extended warranty, undercoating and hood deflector) But then they gave me a STELLAR trade in on my 09 Tacoma TRD. Ended up with about 15k in the difference.

Only issue I have with it is the stupid chrome trim, but that will soon be covered up by some Black or Carbon fibre vinal. Same with the crummy interior black plastic by the window buttons and center stack... This motor/transmission combination is such a joy to drive.

The car is so comfortable, roomy and easy to drive. Not to mention all the bells and whistles. I love that it is a smooth driving, sharp looking practical/luxury car. I'm a self proclaimed gearhead (and life long honda enthusist) and never in my life did I think i would have as much fun as I have had driving my ACCORD. More than enough power to get me in trouble haha.

Anyone do anything with the Halogen high beams?? I don't understand why I have two HID projectors for my Lowbeams and then crappy Halogens for high beams.

Look forward to learning tons and talking to y'all on here.

Cheers.

#193 ·
Good to hear guys! Was hoping mine would be here this week...instead, we are getting snow....SNOW. WTF?

I'm hoping my dealer gives me a comparable deal - I haven't agreed to buy it yet, car was ordered knowing I was wanting one anyways

#197 ·
so is there a dock or parking lot that they keep their cars when they come up from the states? just curious actually.

I tried dealing with Portland Street Honda. He led me to believe that they were going to work a deal, I send video's and pictures of my car that I was trading, had to wash it winter temperatures to do it, and he never even bothered to get back to me. I made several attempts to contact. They were expecting a grey V6 touring, I don't even know if they got it or not. I was willing to make the trip up. Forget it now.

#199 ·
Hello gang, been looking at this site for some time now and decided to join!! I haven't received my Accord yet but I have purchased an Obsidian Blue Sport Sedan with 6mt transmission. Very excited to get it as I am a long time believer in Honda's. I have traded my older Civic Sedan in for the Accord, I also own a newer Civic Si Sedan.

All though I have promised my wife I will not modify this one, I have a feeling it will be rather difficult not to!!

#203 ·
Yeah you can't go wrong with them taking money right off the price of the car, plus its an open ended loan so it can be paid off at anytime with no penalties, I am only financing for a year.

#206 ·
Currently negotiating a white 13 Accord sports and the dealer is giving me 1k plus OEM wheel locks. I'm pushing them to throw in the winter package that is worth 350 and they said NO....hmmm maybe need to go another dealer.

#211 ·
Picked up my car yesterday. Here's a few pics I took at the dealership. Tint is going on this weekend. Sorry about the crappy pics.

It's a I4 Touring 6MT

#212 ·
gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Congrats. The White is so sharp.

#221 ·
My Fellow Canadians...

This is my first post here, so, Hello! If possible I'd like to gauge some opinions on a quote I received yesterday (Calgary).

2013 Accord Coupe I4 CVT EX-L with NAVI. $34,500 after tax, and it would come with locking wheel nuts, all-weather floor mats, and mud flaps. It seems to be at least $1000 too high if you ask me.

#222 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum...I decided to join after a few months of reading the threads. I have a 13 Accord Touring I4MT in black.

I have a few operational questions to ask. I have had the TSB upgrade to my MID at the dealership, from 2018 to 2032, but my address book keeps resetting in the phone option. (It clears and shows 20 New Entries). Has anyone else encountered this?

Secondly, I was wondering about the dual exhauast option that was mentioned by jerhu earlier in this thread...does that increase the perdormance or horsepower of the car? I am interested in this option but don't know where to get this done.

Thanks,

#223 ·
I'm a proud owner of a Touring 4MT White. I picked it up on Thursday. I used to have a Civic SI 2009. Totally different experience. I miss the nimbleness of the SI but I got a smoother quieter ride. Though if I wake the accord engine up it produces a nice growl. Not the same as the SI but still quite nice.

Unfortunately I got the crappy Goodyear LS2 tires. I was looking at the Michelin Super Sport for this car and everyone seem to have them over 300$C. Ouch! I had them on my SI and they were amazing. Tirerack has them for 200$ which is not bad. Comes up even cheaper with shipping of 155$! Anybody knows in the GTA a place that can 'nearly' match Tirerack?

Other things I want to do this car is get better brake pads. Any recommendations?

Dual exhaust would be nice but to do this on a leased car might be a bit pushing it.

And last, will 16" rims fit for winter rims on our accords? 17" and 18" rims and tires can come up to a lot!

#225 ·
it.

And last, will 16" rims fit for winter rims on our accords? 17" and 18" rims and tires can come up to a lot!
Congrats on the new car.
I have 16" rims on mine for winters and it just barely fit so it worked out great and I definitely saved a few bucks. If you search about winter tires on here you'll find a couple threads talking about it.

#226 ·
I'm in Niagara Falls, ON this weekend for vacation. I've seen at least 10 Accords, all EX and up I assume (they all have had 17" alloy wheels). The car seems pretty popular here.

#227 ·
Canada doesn't get the EX.

You probably saw a lot of LX's (they come with 17's).

LX: 17" wheels'', no fog lights, no lane watch/mirror signals.

EX-L: 17" wheels, fog lights, lane watch w/turn signals

#228 ·
One had fogs and leather. I didn't know LXs had the same wheel design as EX here. I just know seeing them makes me miss mine and dread driving my rental Dodge Journey even more... :(

#229 ·
Yea that was probably an Ex-L

Lol not enjoying the 283 hp?

#232 ·
Lol not enjoying the 283 hp?
I can't maneuver the Journey around because its so big. I do like the audio system, but not the fuel economy at all. In addition, the trans has sloppy shifts and bangs hard going from R to D most times. It looks nice but the total overall package is less than the sum of its parts.

#233 ·
Raptor,

I was told by my dealer in To. Most mods would not alter the warranty on the car especially adding new subs in the car. "I love da base". I am already looking into purchasing a Kicker Power sub in Atl.

My case could be different as I planned to keep it after the lease expires.

Read your contract, contact your lease manager. It does not say that you can not modify certain aspects.

Please let us know I am curious as well.

Jacques.

#234 ·
Raptor,

I was told by my dealer in To. Most mods would not alter the warranty on the car especially adding new subs in the car. "I love da base". I am already looking into purchasing a Kicker Power sub in Atl.

My case could be different as I planned to keep it after the lease expires.

Read your contract, contact your lease manager. It does not say that you can not modify certain aspects.

Please let us know I am curious as well.

Jacques.

#237 ·
Yeah that's a pretty terrible deal just basing it on the MSRP. MSRP for the Sport MT is 25,555 meaning they really only gave you about $300. I'm assuming this is an MT you bought. Congrats on the purchase none the less, I hope you enjoy it.

#240 ·
That's not too bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.