Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

DIY: 8th Gen Accord: Install Aftermarket Amp and Subwoofer using Factory Headunit

193K views 63 replies 46 participants last post by  yiannis4182012 
#1 ·
I just finished installing my new LC2i(line out converter) so I thought why not make a DIY for those who are having trouble or planning to install a aftermarket sound system. Assuming you guys already have an Amp Wire kit, Line Out Converter, Amp and Subwoofer.

Caution: I AM NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE IF YOU ARE INSTALLING IT UNCORRECTLY.

Step 1
Run your amp power wire from your battery to a fuse(dont connect wire to battery terminal until everything is installed). From the fuse, go through the pre-drill firewall hole. You got to located the firewall predrill hole. There is a black circle tab plugged in the hole. Use a small flat head screwdriver to pry it out. I used that same tab, drill a hole in it and ran the amp power wire through it or you can go buy a rubber grommet and run the wire through it.

Step 2
Under the steering wheel near the gas pedal, pull the amp power wire(the wire you stuck through the hole from earlier)and run it through and under all the way to the trunk and into the amp.

Step 3
Now for the Amp Remote Wire, I connect mine to the accessory slot in the fuse box under the steering wheel using this thing called Bussmann BP/HHH ATM Add-A-Fuse. You can buy these at any autopart store. Now, run the wire along the passenger side through and under into the trunk and into the amp.

Step 4
Now, install everything together. Look at my diagram. Super sorry for the ugly diagram. This is just the basic amp, subwoofer and loc(line out converter)installment. LC2i require different method. Factory Headunit dont have RCA's so you have to use a LOC(line out converter). You tap into the rear speakers, from the speakers go to the loc, from the loc comes out RCA to the amp.

Step 5
Have Fun listening to your new sound system

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: teezythakidd
#5 ·
Thanks man!

Well done! Simple, straight forward, and you showed everyone the proper way to run the power wire.

You will not believe some of the wiring jobs I've seen by people. Everyone should take note here!
Haha..thanks

Hey nice. Are you vietnamese anyway what is the Line Out Converter does?
Line Out Converter, or L.O.C., is a device that turns the speaker-level audio signal in a car audio system into a line-level signal that one can connect to an amplifier. This is necessary when one is adding an amplifier to a factory head unit, since factory head units do not have RCA outputs to get signals from.

#3 ·
Well done! Simple, straight forward, and you showed everyone the proper way to run the power wire.

You will not believe some of the wiring jobs I've seen by people. Everyone should take note here!

#7 ·
Please update this DIY with a new step #1

STEP #1 REMOVE FUSES (obviously replace them at the end)

otherwise you run the risk of frying yourself or your amp....trust me I learned the hard way about 5 years ago and luckily blew the fuse instead but you will see sparks for sure.

#8 ·
kinda obvious not to connect to battery until the end but it was corrected.

#9 ·
Not bad. I've used the tap a fuse on my Boston amp, and for some reason it was taking on which drained my battery. I tried it to almost every fuse that made sense but I ended up hard wiring it to the cigg. Lighter.

#10 ·
Just use the add a fuse like I did and connect it to the accessory slot. For some reason, my amp always stays on if I tap into the cigarette light. Look at the picture. My amp only turns on when my ignition is on.

Attachments

#11 ·
how many Hz should u set your amp to?

#13 ·
My guess would be to have a switch put inline between the battery and the amp. Add in a switch before you have the power line run to the back and mount someplace on dash for easy use. That help?

#20 ·
How many sub do you have? 1 or 2? For good bass, it also depends on your LOC

by tapping into the rear speaker wires, can i amp the front speakers and get sound? or would i have to re-tap into my front speaker wires?
I dont understand what your asking.

I'm sill confuse from your diagram...am i installing the LOC to the radio or the amp? is the LOC and the LC2i the same thing?
The LC2i is a LOC ( line out converter ). You connect the loc to the rear speakers and to you amp.

what number slot is that on the fuse box?
I dont know what number slot. Just look at the pic I posted.

#18 ·
I'm sill confuse from your diagram...am i installing the LOC to the radio or the amp? is the LOC and the LC2i the same thing?

#19 ·
what number slot is that on the fuse box?

#21 ·
My stock system has an amp behind the glove box. Will I still need a LOC? Do I wire it the same way as you diagram? Shouldn't the stock amp have rca's from the headunit to connect to the stock amp?

#22 ·
I'm nit sure if the factory amp has RCA but to me the amp is weak. If u want good sound, u have to replace amp, sub and head unit. With this DIY, I used my old sub+amp from my 01 civic and added the lc2i LOC so I can used my factory head unit.

I didn't want to replace my head unit cause my still want to use the screen on the dash n my control on my steering wheel. Caution: if u replace the OEM headunit , the upper screen will be plain empty and the controls for the music on the steering wheel will not work.

#23 ·
I have 09 LX and I was thinking of tapping into the front accessory power outlet fuse which is a 15amp instead of tapping the add-a-fuse where you have it which is a 7.5amp.
You have it tapped into fuse #18, but wouldn't fuse #23 be a better choice according to this fuse diagram. Looking for feedback on this thanks.

#24 ·
I did tried and tap in the front cigarette light but when I turn off my ignition the amp is still on.

#29 ·
It happens sometimes when you run the remote wire next to the power wire, you could try running the remote on the passenger side

#35 ·
Please help.. i connected L.O.C to amplifier but somehow this feed signal out to amplifier like weak. not sure why.. i hav a PAC SNI-50A model. I found the rears speakers diagram from google, Left rear speaker (+) blue/white & (-) Blue/black, Right rear speaker (+) Pink & (-) blue/white. please correct me if i have this incorrect... pleas help :(

#36 ·
Looks nice. Ill try this out when I install subs.

#38 ·
Question.. I have the same set up as you but mine keeps messing up. Like the sub won't cut off. In the diagram you only have your left and right rear speakers connected to your Converter but in the picture it looks like you have cords plugged into the slots right below the speaker inputs. What wires are those? Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.