Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Bridgestone Turanza Serenity OR Michelin Primacy MXM4?

14K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  FollowingNFront 
#1 ·
So today I got approved for a line of credit through Firestone Tire.... I can finally ditch my crappy Yokohama Avid ENVigors!!!!

I am going in tomorrow to have new tires put on. Here are my choices....

Michelin Primacy MXM4 (not MXV4... Two different tires):
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Primacy+MXM4

AND

Bridgestone Turanza Serenity:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Turanza+Serenity

Now here where I am as of now:
The Turanza has a similar tread to the Conti DWS which I didn't like because the tires had a hard time tracking straight......

These Michelins are supposed to be replacing the PILOT HX MXM4 in 215/50/17 size... And the tread is supposed to be great for straightline tracking.....

WHAT I REALLY want is straightline tracking.....

What do you guys think?

See less See more
#2 ·
Michelin Primacy I have them and they are a great tire....I have over 50,000 on them and they look brand new... I have always had good luck with Michelins and have solved many ride issues with other cars that turned out to be the tires.... none Michilin tires that is...

#3 ·
Yeah I think I'm going with the Michelins.... All the reviews say they track straight and make the steering heavier and more in tune and sure..... I think I'm gonna get the Michelins!

#4 ·
NVM I'm pulling the trigger on the MXM4's!

Gonna get em in tomorrow!

#6 ·
NVM I'm pulling the trigger on the MXM4's!

Gonna get em in tomorrow
!

30,000 miles on my Primacy 215/50-17's would underscore that you've made a good call.

New tread depth is 11/32;still have about 9/32 (I'm impressed)

The only downside would be the stiff price. Hopefully, you can negotiate a better price than this sailor.

ez

#5 ·
I went from the Michelins, to the Bridgestones. The Turanzas don't track as well as the Michelins, but I'm used to that now. They can also get loud on certain roads. The Bridgestones have WAY more grip though, especially on wet pavement. I could feel the extra grip as soon as I drove off the Firestone lot. It felt like the Turanzas were sticking to the road. The Turanzas are heavier also, so they take away 1-2mpg, but look like a thicker, more durable tire. It's a trade-off, so you have to decide what's more important, to you. If you can deal with the extra road noise, and not great tracking, the Turanzas are a better performing tire IMO.

#8 ·
in the tropical country, the standard here are brigestone turanza.
we rarely heard about michelin. i guess they are good in the US huh?

#9 ·
So I got the Primacys installed Thursday afternoon and have since driven about 300 miles or so.....

So a basic impression of the Primacys:

They really make my car feel 100 times more solid than it did with the Yokohama Avid ENVigors I had as my last set. (Only had the Yokohamas on for about 15k miles and took them off)...

Over bumps, the Michelins take the bumps and smooth them out and all you feel is an indication of their being a bump... With the Yokohamas, you SLAMMED into it.

Also, these tires handle changes of direction and braking exquisitely! Steering feel is good and you can really choose your direction with these tires. They seem to track excellently. That is way more than I could say about the Yokohamas.

IMO these Primacys pick up where the Pilot HX MXM4s left off, and improve on everything the Pilots ****ed at (I haven't driven in the rain as of yet, but they are supposed to be good in rain).... I would buy these Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires again 100%!

Mind you my car has torn compliance bushings and I'm still able to see the difference between the Yokos and the Primacy MXM4! I can't wait until Tuesday when I get those compliance bushings changed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.