Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Installing double din head unit

17K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Accord4lyfe 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 Accord SE w/o navigation. I was just wondering if there is any way to install a double din head unit.

i was hoping to remove the stock radio and put the new head unit there, but i would imagine it would be difficult because of the weird shape of the faceplate.

is there any way i could maybe remove the bottom cubby part and put the head unit there instead?

thanks!

#2 ·
I have a 2007 Accord SE w/o navigation. I was just wondering if there is any way to install a double din head unit.
Yes and No...

You can install the a new stereo in the stock radio location. Using the metra Dash. But you will loose the LCD screen telling you temp info and its only a single din and imo it looks ugly. LOL

You can install a double din unit or single din below the stock radio by removing the cubby and purchasing a kit.

#3 ·
I'm going to be looking into installing a flip out screen into the cubby to take over the CD player and leave my stock navi in to control everything else.

I'd like to be able to have it set up so that when the screen is retracted it's recessed enough such that I can still close the little door and it's all hidden. That'd be excellent.

We'll see, one day.

#5 ·
If it is recessed enough to still use the cubby door, you won't be able to fully open the screen and let it flip out w/o touching the lower HVAC & volume controllers.

#8 ·
Here's an iphone pic of one i did for a customer recently. I utilized part of the factory compartment for mounting and for the trim as well. Any REPUTABLE shop should be able to bust this job out in a day or so.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.