Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

04 audio wiring

36K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  artpena22 
#1 ·
as per request

Attachments

#2 ·
Princess, there are three connectors coming out of the audio unit from the Accord: black, green, and white. The white connector is for the XM radio/AUX input, the black connector is for the power leads and the speaker outputs, but I have no idea what the lower-left green connector is going to. The picture is in the thread below (last picture):

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1585705#post1585705

Do you have any idea where the wires from that green connector (next to the black connector) are going to?

#3 ·
No matter where I look, I can't find the answer to "what's the green connector for".:dunno:

#4 ·
What the... That's weird. Do you happen to have, or know of, a pin diagram for each of the three (green, black, and white) connectors on the back of the audio unit (like the pin diagram for the TL in the link below, specifically, the first picture of post #26):

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593599&highlight=wiring+diagram

Does Hayne's (or someone like that), have an electrical manual for our Accord?

#5 ·
Yes, that's where I've been looking.... I can find info on the rest of it.... just not the green connector. My prince thought maybe it was part of the security system, yet it doesn't have it either. All roads lead to the same 2 pix. Neither has the name of the green connector.

I don't read wiring diagrams well. I'll also shared the connectors. I've looked through pages & pages of wiring. The only way I can find it is by knowing WHAT it is.... but not knowing what it is already is a catch-22.

If I find anything further, I'll let you know.:dunno:

The only other suggestion is to buy the ETMs for the cars in question & see if you can find it.

#9 ·
Yes. that Green Connector is for the Navi

Attachments

#10 ·
Thanks Princess. I think we're getting there.

My question is, if the diagram that you provided (the green lowest connector) is the "A" connector, then why on the Honda audio wiring manual do all the A pins have 20 pins, but the picture above only has 10 pin connectors. Both diagrams are confusing.

In other words, in the wiring diagrma that you provided in the first post of this thread, coming out of the audio unit are pins A1 - A20. The picture above only has pins from the A connector as pins 1-10. Makes me confused.

I'm not expecting you to answer Princess, I'm just thinking out loud. Thanks for your hard work.

#11 ·
There seems to be more than one connector A & more than one connector B....

Honda color codes the connectors, but it's not always the same on different years/models. On a given car all the ones for Nav may be green, all the ones for audio white, etc. Sometimes 2 systems will mix & I have no clue what the logic is behind which color they choose.

I know that when my prince was adding the DVD player & wanted the movies to show on the Nav screen also he used one of his electronic tools to know which pin went to what. He's now done that 3 times...the '03 Pilot, my car & his Ridgeline. Each was different. My point is that many things aren't plug n' play.

On the Honda site, under ownerlink, I think they have the various manuals the techs use. I think you can get them in either CD or paper form. I'd recommend paper. I find it better for searching things. Basically the ISIS site I use is done like the CDs & like in this case, finding the right system can be a challenge. I had to cheat & ask for my prince's help. :paranoid:

Have you compared what you have vs. what you want? (wiring)

Attachments

#12 ·
Princess, could you provide me a direct link? I tried to search for it on the website and was not able to find it (owner link).

Thanks.

Overall, I have researched the differences between the Acura TL audio unit wiring diagrams and the Accord audio unit wiring diagrams.

In the TL, the amplifier is separate from the audio unit, and on the Accord the amplifier is built into the audio unit.

The white XM connectors are the same on both units, and so are the 20-pin connectors. The only difference is that the Accord has a green 10-pin connector for the navi units, the Accord without navi does not have this green connector on the back of the audio unit, and on the TL there is a 14-pin connector, which houses, among other things, the HFL circuits, center channel + and - preamp speaker leads, and the subwoofer + and - preamp speaker leads.

In addition, the TL audio unit has that built-in tape player, so that complicates things, because I don't need the tape player. However, this might still work because I just could drill new screw holes and not use the tape player, and just line up the DVD-A audio unit with the external CD-changer slot on the Accord.

One problem that was mentioned on another site is that with TL, the radio unit security code is entered through the use of buttons 1-6. On the Accord with navi, the radio code is entered through the navi unit. How I would enter the security code on the audio unit for the TL if it's in my Accord I haven't a clue. I'm having someone look into that.

#13 ·
Since this thread looks exhausted, I wanted to piggy back/hijack it a bit...:naughty:

Basically, I have an '05 accord lx sedan factory headunit. I have a soundgate SNHOND3 running from the cd changer 14-pin output on the back to run my satellite radio. Is there a wiring diagram that details what each of those pins are?

Long story short - my satellite radio can power itself directly from the sound inputs of the SNHOND3 (with no power cables or antenna connected - yes it an older satellite radio that runs on straight 12vdc). I've since cnahged the setup and no longer have it wired to do this...

I am installing an amp this week - and wanted to see if I could disconnect the power running out of the 14 pin adapter to use the aux/remote power that I assume it is sending out on one of those pins (as if it were sending it to a cd changer) and also disconnect the ground to avoid dirty/multiple groundings to my satellite radio.

Does such a diagram - or simple explanation exist?

Make sense?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.