Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to get Radio Code: go to https://radio-navicode.honda.com

Tags
radio
269K views 101 replies 70 participants last post by  Scathy315 
#1 ·
I purchased a used 2004 Honda Coupe EX and read in the owner's manual about how if you disconnect the battery, the radio will need a code to unlock it and be used again. Where can I get the code? And if I have to visit a dealership to do so, what paperwork should I bring?

Thanks!

EDIT....

Radio code can be found here >> https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

#2 ·
CALJETT55 said:
I purchased a used 2004 Honda Coupe EX and read in the owner's manual about how if you disconnect the battery, the radio will need a code to unlock it and be used again. Where can I get the code? And if I have to visit a dealership to do so, what paperwork should I bring?

Thanks!
Check the glove box, and under the cupholders/ash tray/etc.

If nobody wrote the code down, you need the serial number of the radio and possibly your VIN.

Your dealer should be able to help you with it with those numbers. If they try to charge you, then you can try this (from a web site. I haven't tried it)

PLEASE everyone listen to me! This has happened to me twice. I discovered a very easy and FREE way to fix your radio. Make sure your radio is OFF. Hold down the preset buttons 1 and 6 at the same time. Turn the radio on and your SERIAL NUMBER will appear. 4 numbers first and then 4 more. Write them down (obviously) then call (800) 999-1009. Make sure you have your VIN number handy because they will ask for it. They will ask for your name and approx. milage, and your radio's serial number. They will then give you your radio unlock code--WRITE IT DOWN!

#3 ·
Plus if you have an Accord LX I4 there is no radio security code...

#8 ·
i can see that, i did add in a "plus" just so that everyone knows, kuz when i read that in my manual, i was wondering where my code was and i found out there isn't for an lx

#5 ·
I've used a vin number to get it before, call a Honda dealer, I think they have the codes in the computers now. The only issue might be that the HU may have been replaced (a very issue prone HU in those cars) and the code may not have been updated in the system. Give a call with the vin a try.

#7 ·
just be careful, some dealers will try to charge you a fee to get that information .. don't go for that, just keep searching until you find one that doesn't :).

Once you get it, a good place to keep it is online at

https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login.asp?brand=honda

Honda's Owners site .. accounts are free and it will help you with knowing when to do services etc.

#13 ·
Also...I noticed when i opened the sunglass holder that there is a sticker with my radio's code and some other number sequence...

#15 ·
I had purchased my Accord from a resaler and found out that the radio was replaced after the car was manufactured for some reason, so i had the wrong security code. I drove to the Honda dealer and went into the service dept. and they looked the code up in the computer. took 5 seconds and i was out the door. they didn't charge me or ask for any paperwork.

#27 ·
Same here

Installed my fogs this week end and the radio went dead... the code on my card did not work.. i figure the radio was changed b4 i got the car. Drove in to the stealership and out in under 5 mins, no charge, no id, no nothing and they gave me the code. what's the point of even having it?

#17 ·
If you ever have to get your radio replaced under the recall, they will give you a new radio code too. Make sure to keep track of it so you don't try putting in the old, wrong code too many times. My dealer also provided me with the radio code without issue. You normally can also find out from Honda'a Owner Link online.

#18 ·
After 4 years to the month it landed on the dealer's lot my battery had a dead short. Kind of exciting to put in the key and the dash and all lights go black. Fortunately I was at WalMart getting gas and a very nice guy jumped the battery. Did no good even after about 5 minutes. So we unlocked the trans, pushed it out of the way and went into WM. No one in the Auto dept. but the batteries were there. The 35N series doesn't come in the cheap battery, only the $65+ battery but they had it. I hauled it over to the gas station in a shopping cart and installed it. On the left side of the glove box there were two sets of numbers. I entered the first set and the radio came alive. So easy. Just glad I wasn't driving when the battery went dead because a friend of mine was cruising down the interstate in his '99 Accord and everything shut down. He got over to an off ramp and was able to get the new battery installed after friends bailed him out.

#20 ·
Hello (with the trouble again)
I've just been in to my Honda Dealer (in Poland) to solve my problem with radio code.
They are try 5 times (ERROR 5) to put the code, but as we can see i've got only error 5 and nothing more finally.
Is anybody who can provide me step by step how to input CORRECT code ???
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
my VIN :1HGCM56846A098028
Grettings

Press Power+1+6 all at once
i'm doing something wrong or...
When i press power +1+6 then my display show me "CO" (COde)

#21 ·
Do this before powering the unit on. Turn off the unit, remove the key from ing. Wait for minute or so, then put the key in to ing. now press Power+1+6. This will display your serail number for that unit. You will need this along with your VIN to get your unlock code.

If you do have your unlock code then simply press CD or AM/FM, this will ask you for the code. now you can enter the code.

#26 ·
The serial number is on the bottom of the radio. You can open the lower pocket door half-way and look over the top of the door, and adjust accordingly to see enough of the sticker to write down the serial number.

If you replace your stereo, such as doing a Navigation conversion, I would suggest entering the codes on the free Honda OwnerLink website. If the dealer did not replace the stereo themselves (defective unit), then their records won't be updated and searching by VIN would produce the old code.

But hopefully the radio-code card is contained with the owners manual when purchased used from a dealer.

#28 ·
i just got my accord yesterday, 07' EX-L. i had the same code problem with the radio. called a few dealers in the states & none of them would give me the code over the phone, said i needed to carry proof of ownership, that would be hard seeing as though i'm in Jamaica right now. so i had to call 800-999-1009, give them the vin#, the radio serial #, which you get by holding down the 1 & 6 preset button while the radio is off & then turning it on. the lady on the phone instructed me to fax the registration of the vehicle & my drivers licence to them along with a case #. she had i'll have the code anywhere between 24 & 48 hours.

#34 ·
OK so my battery died and I do not have my code. I looked all over the car (glove box, fuse box cover etc..) no code. I when to the Honda web site and got the code for the navi and radio. The navi code works but not the radio code. So I call the dealer and they give me the same code..

Now here is where it is weird. The code that the web site and dealer gave me is the same 5 digit code. But when entering it I get to the forth digit and it errors. It's like it only wants 4 digits but I have 5!!

I have a '06 Accord with Navi, anyone ever seen this??

#35 ·
The Navigation DVD-ROM drive has a 4 digit code, that is prompted first (which you have already done). When you turn on the stereo, you will enter the radio's 4-digit code, which is different than the DVD-ROM drive code. The codes were given on a card when you bought the vehicle, assuming you bought it new.

Since the Navi code works, now you need the RADIO code. Open the lower pocket door half-way and you can see the bottom of the stereo to obtain the SERIAL number (not the part number). Once you have the serial number for the radio, you should be able to get the 4-digit code from the dealer or website. To enter the code, turn on the radio, then turn the tuning knob and push it for each correct number. The single digits appear on the upper display. After the 4th digit is entered, the radio will turn on. If you were given a 5 digit code, they gave you a code for a Non-Navigation Stereo.

#36 ·
How about getting the code from a head unit bought at a Junkyard or online (ebay) if you are only given the vin # of the car? Do you still have to provide proof ownership of the car in this case? How? or can you just call the dealer and ask for the code for the vin# provided. This question is just out of curiosity since I will be buying a navi head unit pretty soon and most probably the code won't be provided.

#38 ·
The only way to get the code for a specific radio, is with the serial # of that unit. The car's VIN # doesn't really prove anything. Radios are changed all the time. If the radio you want to buy doesn't have a serial #, I would think twice, before buying it.

Reactions: emoze
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.