Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Driver side A/C problem!

59K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  HotRod205 
#1 ·
Hey guys, had a question about a problem on my 2003 Accord, btw its a EX V6.
So I had my Tranny rebuilt a few days ago and before the tranny rebuilt my A/C was working perfectly. Now after the rebuild in which they disconnected the battery, the driver side does not blow cold air. The passenger side works perfectly, it blows hot and cold air, the driver side on the other hand blows hot air if I set to it but not cold air. The air it blows when I turn it to cold feels more or so just like the fan is on or outside air. It is a dual A/C system. If anyone can help out with this, would be great. Thank you!

#4 ·
Plus One

#6 ·
Grasping @ straws..
If you pop out your HU - don't know why they'd have to have taken it out at all, but if they did... Make sure they connected BOTH green connectors to the back of the HU. I can't remember what parts don't work if one or the other isn't connected - but it is unhappy if they're both secure...

#8 ·
#13 ·
If any of the vents are blowing normally, the blower/fan is NOT your problem. Don't just buy parts and throw it at the problem. To me this sounds like it could be one of your air mix control motors. If you do a quick google search on this for your car I'm sure you can find several threads on several forums that walk you through how to check, remove, open, clean, and reinstall these units. Good luck.

Reactions: HotRod205
#14 ·
My 07 EX 4 did this completely randomly about 2 weeks ago. I had the heat on in the morning (temp set to 75, both zones), then got in the car in the afternoon when it was warm outside so I turned the knob down to 68 and turned on the A/C. After a few minutes I noticed I wasn't getting cooler and put my hand up to the vent and it was blowing hot, but the passenger one was blowing cold. WTF! So I turned it down to 65, still hot. Then I turned it all the way down to Min, waited a few seconds, turned it all the way up to Max, then slowly back down to 68. It then started blowing cold! I think it just got confused where the door was, or the door got stuck. Either way I haven't had any more issues with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.