Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Getting strange noise when turning hard right, possibilities?

17K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  ebigg2000 
#1 ·
This sound is sort like a grinding or shuttering and only happens on a really hard right. If I'm taking a easy right hand turn around a corner I don't hear it, but if I'm in a parking lot and have to turn the car sharply to get in spot or after backing out and turning myself straight I hear it. Any clues what this could be?

#2 ·
I've had similar issue but mine was at higher speeds and it was drive axle but in your case I'd check if your wheel bearings are bad. You can jack it up and press, pull, and lift ont he wheel. It should not budge at all if there is play then you know it is wheel bearing. good luck.

#3 ·
I would suspect the CV joint, have someone look to see if the CV joint boot is torn and allowing lubricating grease to be flung out, this leaves little grease inside the boots and will quickly cause wear and damage to the CV joints.

#4 ·
i would suspect the cv joint, have someone look to see if the cv joint boot is torn and allowing lubricating grease to be flung out, this leaves little grease inside the boots and will quickly cause wear and damage to the cv joints.
+ 1

#7 ·
Best bet is to jack up front and check all suspension points along with CV joint/boots . use pry bar to check ball joints, tie rod ends, wheel bearings , swaybar links etc looking for play an noise when flexed .
could be any of these including CV but generally CV makes a clicking noise most times ,unless its real bad .

#9 ·
just a reference when I looked up my Accord, from auto parts warehouse dot com

Replacement Axle Assembly
* List Price: $94.41
* You Save: $47.85
* Our Price: $46.56
* Low price guarantee
* In Stock

CV AXLE ASSEMBLY, NEW -- Includes axle nut, joints, and boots; Manufactured from 100 percent new components to ensure proper fit and operation; Provides maximum safety and stability, restores vehicle's handling and control, and improves passenger comfort over the toughest and roughest driving conditions; Backed by 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty.

* Condition: New
* Quantity Sold: Sold individually
* Product Fit: OE replacement
* Warranty: 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty

#11 ·
assuming it is in face one of the driveshafts, its not a hard thing to change.. not at all.. most likely theres a procedure for on here for it.. Biggest issue would be something not wanting to come off lol (whether it be rust or whatever)

#12 ·
agreed, still, you probably can tackle this yourself w/ jack stands if your mechanically inclined. Ive done a handful on various hondas and others. But yeah, any sort of under body work can quickly become a nightmare w/ broken or stripped hardware. If your car is clean underneath id go for it. assuming its torn

#13 ·
Whew! Thank goodness it wasn't anything bad. Haha it turned out when my buddy helped me remove my front bumper to do a resonator delete he forgot to put back some of the clips by the right wheel well and it was flopping around a bit and rubbing the wheel on tight turns. Everything is squareed away now. No I just have to wait on getting my cold air intake put in. I've given up on the Fujita, the place I ordered it from didn't have it stock and I had to wait three days before they told me, and I called three other places today they were all out also so I ended up ordering a Weapon R based on based on a cold air intake shootout I read in DSport magazine. The Weapon R was a close 2nd to the Fujita

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.