Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Back seat folds down

43K views 77 replies 31 participants last post by  carlson03 
#1 ·
Can anyone please explain to me why all the sedans I looked at had 60/40 split folding seats, yet the accord is one full piece that folds down!?!?!

I hate it! :( I basically can't have multiple skis or a snowboard or whatever else with 3 people in the car! :(:(:(

How am I supposed to travel with long stuff and 3+ people??!?!?

#77 ·
7 Years and counting,..

Merry Christmas All !
I just read all five pages, amusing stuff. My daughter is migrating from her 3rd gen Camry sedan with 60/40 split back which she uses frequently, while also carrying multiple passengers, so this is no small issue. I have owned a dozen or so Honda's during my driving career, primarily Accords, so I am steering her in that direction while gathering the latest technical info available. I am very excited to discover that the 7th generation converted rubber to steel utilizing a timing chain vs. a belt, great news!
I have quite a bit of catching up to do, more reading and looking over the fence. Thanks to all here for sharing your insight and experiences.

#78 ·
I do find it odd that my coupe has the 60/40 split seat (I use it often) and that the sedan has the full fold down...to me, it should have been opposite, rarely people are in the back seat of my car and seems like it would have been more convenient for the sedan to have the 60/40

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.