Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

For those who bought CVT, do you experience judders at low rpm's?

44K views 88 replies 48 participants last post by  ousooner2 
#1 ·
My apologies if this question belongs to an existing thread or another forum but I did an advance search for "cvt" in the title and in the posts but got negative results.

Is the judder limited to some drivers' experiences or is this a universal thing with the new CVT? How are the dealers and American Honda dealing with this issue/complaint?

If it happens to all Accord CVT's, then I hope there is a quick fix for it since that will be a huge turn off for me especially when during my early driving days, the juddering or shuddering of the engine in our older GM Opel Record and MB 300D meant that the engine was about to stall.

#82 ·
Maybe early production cars have them? My dad's car is built 1/13 and has it and my Sport is built 10/13, so maybe its just one of the things Honda quietly got rid of:dunno: Just like they did with the cloth door panels on the 13-14 LX

There should be internal magnets to catch those metal particles (can't possibly catch all) and a dislodged particle may well get caught in the magnet since there is no filter and the problem stays gone (until a new particle dislodges).
Wait so particles get dislodged from the transmission? Can't be too significant in quantity or size or else the engineers would definitely have designed a trans filter.

Hearing things like this makes me regret getting a CVT.

#81 ·
There should be internal magnets to catch those metal particles (can't possibly catch all) and a dislodged particle may well get caught in the magnet since there is no filter and the problem stays gone (until a new particle dislodges).

#85 ·
I was experiencing some horrible judder about 2 weeks ago and took the car in. They did an 'update' that took a day and seemed to drive better until today. In traffic (traffic jam on highway and on city roads) it had a ton of judder. I'd be rolling at about 15-25mph and lightly hit the gas and it would judder. Felt like it was sputtering. Like a back and forth, back and forth type thing. I assume that's the 'judder' most are dealing with. I swear sometimes it feels like it's going to die! Like it's in too low of a gear and it judders from that

Anyways, I guess I'll be scheduling another appointment to take it in. I need to figure out how to replicate it for them though so they can't just say 'we can't feel it. Anyone know what the next steps would be after, what I'm assuming was, an electronic 'update'?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.