Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Air Mix Contorl Motor/Linkage

22K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  terrymc. 
#1 ·
2004 Accord EX V6 4 door with navi

The AC vents on the drivers side would blow only warm air. Passengers side worked fine. Retrieved a code I using the AC control panel. I is the code for an open in the drivers air mix control motor circuit. Got under the dash and gave a tug on the door linkage and the air mix system started working. Code went away when the system started working. Ran the temperature to max both cold and hot, still working.

Everything fine for a few days and motor stuck in the same position, max hot. Pulled on linkage and started working. Lubed the linkage this time.

When the motor sticks, it sticks in the max hot position. Setting the temperature control on max hot does not drive the motor to this position. Might be because the weather is not cold enough.

Checked with dealer and the motor is a special order item. Evidently it does not fail often.

Anyone ever have this problem?

#2 ·
Can you remove the motor from the case? Ensure the key is off. Feel if the door moves smoothly. If you feel no excessive resistance, the motor is probably binding.

If you have access to grease for plastic parts, you can open up the motor and lube it. It may just have one of the gears dry. But, you may find one stripped out. Don't change the position of the linkage or motor's gears.

#3 ·
Must remove the lower dash panel and a panel under the dash to get to the drivers side motor. If I remove the motor I think I will swap the passengers and driver side motor to see if the failure follows the motor. One panel under dash panel to remove to get to the passengers side motor.

Like I said the motor seems to operate fine if it is not stuck in the full heat position.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.