Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

displaying the temperature

21K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  next_milenium 
#1 ·
okay i just purchased my 09 LX-s coupe about 2 weeks ago and im tryin to figure out how to display the temperature on the odometer. i read the manual and all it say is to press and hold the reset button and it should show up but its not showing up on my odometer, its jsut reseting my mileage. so how do get the outside temp to show up on the odometer?

#2 ·
push it, dont hold it.:paranoid:

#3 ·
I believe the 09 lx does not have that option:

Instrumentation
LX-S / EX / EX-L EX-L V-6
Backlit Gauges Standard Standard
Tachometer Standard Standard
Digital Odometer and Digital Trip Meters (2) Standard Standard
Maintenance Minder System Standard Standard
Compass EX-L without Navigation without Navigation
Door-/Trunk-Open Indicator Standard Standard
Fuel and Coolant Temperature Indicators Standard Standard
Low-Oil Pressure and Brake Fluid Indicators Standard Standard
Exterior Temperature Indicator EX-L Standard
Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA®) Indicator Standard Standard
Passenger-Side Side Airbag-Off Indicator Standard Standard

#4 ·
Think your right. Unless it was an add on, I believe the EX is the only model that comes with outside temp.

#6 ·
really?? but i shined a flash light on the odometer and i see the degree sign on the odometer

#9 ·
It would be nice to have the temp available on all odometer settings. When you do find it, its on the setting least used. Go figure!

#10 ·
Honda really drop the ball on the out side temp. I guess they were trying to cut corners and save money.

#14 ·
OP has an LX and if I'm not mistaken, none of the LXs' ever had an outside temp. sensor as far as 7th and 8th gen models go. Idk about the 6th gen Accords. Only the trim levels with auto dual-zone climate control (EX-L) had it because the car uses that outdoor temp reading to automatically adjust the climate settings.

CHH has the outdoor temperature sensor add-on for the 7th gen LX & EX models, but they don't for the 8th gens. Maybe they'll come out with one if there's a high enough demand for it?

#11 ·
I'm not sure about the current generation, but I remember you could purchase an outside temperature unit which could be installed. And yes, it is frustrating to see that your display has the capability to display things like Bluetooth, USB, temperature, etc. but it won't due to the trim level.

#12 ·
It could be done on the 7th gen but not the 8th gen. This was a topic here in the past.

#16 ·
The Honda outside temperature sensor SUX. It takes several minutes or longer for it to register outside temperature correctly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.