Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

OBD-II Code P1457

23K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Deereboy 
#1 ·
I own a '99 Honda Accord EX (4-cyl.) with AT. It has 100k miles and has been relatively trouble free with one or two exceptions. Recently the check engine light came on while I was driving. I took it to Autozone and used a tester for the OBD-II codes. The code that came up was P1457. Since the car has been in Minnesota and Wisconsin all of its life, forums have indicated that it could be a corroded solenoid/valve assembly.

From a thread in this forum, I read Honda Service Bulletin 01-011(provided by Princess) and replaced the EVAP Control Canister Vent Shut Valve. I pulled out the no. 13 fuse to reset the system, and hoped I had fixed the problem... but the check engine light came on again after 5 or 6 driving cycles. Does anyone know what else it could be? I am hoping it isn't the PCM referred to in the Service Bulletin. Should I just bite the bullet and take it to the Honda dealer?

Thanks!

#2 ·
maybe these will help.....:dunno:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.